Ms Bean7175 Night Shade & Blackberry 1st Journal

Bean 7175

Hello 420

This is my first grow journal. I have started 5 Night Shade & 6 Blackberry reg seeds. My garden is 12 days old and will be indoors.
P9020249.JPG

P9020250.JPG

P9020251.JPG

P9020252.JPG

The seedlings have stretched and I had to tie them up. All 11 plants are being treated the same as of now.

Pot: solo cups
Medium: Fox Farm Ocean Forest
Lights 4FT (8 lamps) T5 replaced with LED'S high output integrated fixture with reflector. 6500K's. 18 hours on 6 off
Nutrients: will be using Mega Crop
Grow space: L60, W 30, D 60 in bathroom
Temp: 77-80 degress
RH: 26
Water: spring well water
pH: 6.3

This is my 8th grow. And, I have not got it right yet. I have found 420 real helpful when it come to explaining the in's and out of growing this beautiful weed. (Thank you) And, I'm looking forward to this grow with 420. I know, I will have more questions. Everyone have a peaceful day.

Your :welcome:. Yep, they are leggy. I didn't have the lights close enough. I was afraid, I would burn them. Turns out, I was wrong. I have the lights closer to the plants, now with no problems. I'll take picture of my room and light system, it's not much, I don't think my garden going to turn out the best, because I know, I need better lights and ventilation. I'm working with what I have. We will see what happens.:snowboating:

Your :welcome:. Yep, they are leggy. I didn't have the lights close enough. I was afraid, I would burn them. Turns out, I was wrong. I have the lights closer to the plants, now with no problems. I'll take picture of my room and light system, it's not much, I don't think my garden going to turn out the best, because I know, I need better lights and ventilation. I'm working with what I have. We will see what happens.:snowboating:
Nothing wrong with that! I know theres people out there who would feel blessed to have any garden at all! Im sure youll do fine. You can always top up the soil so theyre not so leggy. Theyll thank you down the road. Stay positive and things will turn out great! Im looking forward to the show! Happy growing!

Thank you for dropping by, Bard. I can't wait until my seedling grow some.

We all know that feeling, Bean! The great news is once they get started, they will really take off. Excited to see you work some magic.

Grow space: L60, W 30, D 60 in bathroom
So you're in a bathroom? I'm assuming that's 60" long x 30" wide x 60" deep? I'm trying to visualize the setup. Can you take a pic at one point standing back or would you rather not?
Can you run some hot water to bring some steam into the room that may help the RH? It will also bring in more heat too which you dont want but you may find a balance. Maybe some wet towels. Eventually that RH being at 26% is not going to allow the plants to transpire. The stomata's will need to open and the RH being so low will prevent that.

So you're in a bathroom? I'm assuming that's 60" long x 30" wide x 60" deep? I'm trying to visualize the setup. Can you take a pic at one point standing back or would you rather not?
Can you run some hot water to bring some steam into the room that may help the RH? It will also bring in more heat too which you dont want but you may find a balance. Maybe some wet towels. Eventually that RH being at 26% is not going to allow the plants to transpire. The stomata's will need to open and the RH being so low will prevent that.

I think it is actually awesome that you are in a bathroom, as it gives you some cool options. One would be to fill up the bathtub with water, and have a fan blowing over the surface. (Obviously, be safe, to make sure the fan doesn't fall into the water!). That would add quite a bit to your humidity levels. Another idea would be to hang dripping wet towels over the shower curtain rod, with a fan blowing. Again just to help with moisture in the air. As Sauga said, a pic of the room would be helpful, just for brainstorming, unless you would rather not share.

Oh, dear. I'll wet some towels. I'm on my way to amazon to fine a humidifier. Yes, I did mean inches, sorry about that. I'll snap a picture today.

I think it is actually awesome that you are in a bathroom, as it gives you some cool options. One would be to fill up the bathtub with water, and have a fan blowing over the surface. (Obviously, be safe, to make sure the fan doesn't fall into the water!). That would add quite a bit to your humidity levels. Another idea would be to hang dripping wet towels over the shower curtain rod, with a fan blowing. Again just to help with moisture in the air. As Sauga said, a pic of the room would be helpful, just for brainstorming, unless you would rather not share.

Hello Bard, ya, I got the babies over the bath tub. It would be easy to fill the tub up. I do have to fine a plug. I put a pan of water and a wet shirt, nothing happen. So, I opened the other door in the bathroom and the Hum went up to 31% and I think it's still going up.
P9040262.JPG

P9040253.JPG
P9040257.JPG

I do not know why my pictures are arcing.
The top picture is from outside the door. Hum is still 31.

Attachments

• P9020249.JPG
    P9020249.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 76
Hello Bard, ya, I got the babies over the bath tub. It would be easy to fill the tub up. I do have to fine a plug. I put a pan of water and a wet shirt, nothing happen. So, I opened the other door in the bathroom and the Hum went up to 31% and I think it's still going up.
P9040262.JPG

P9040253.JPG
P9040257.JPG

I do not know why my pictures are arcing.
The top picture is from outside the door. Hum is still 31.

Sounds like you are working on it! The humidity might have gone up when you opened the door as cooler air entered the room. As @Pennywise mentioned a few posts ago, if you can get the temps down a bit, that will help with your humidity problem. A fan blowing over water in the tub should help too. Progress!!

Sounds like you are working on it! The humidity might have gone up when you opened the door as cooler air entered the room. As @Pennywise mentioned a few posts ago, if you can get the temps down a bit, that will help with your humidity problem. A fan blowing over water in the tub should help too. Progress!!

I have a fan on the left side of the light, that I could lower closer to the water to help with the humidity. I sure will be careful. Bard, thanks for your help. I'm starting to get hope, it was lacking a little because of all the troubles, I went through. It took 4 tries to get were the plants are now. I have caught three mice, so far. And, still at it.:):hookah:

Back
Top Bottom