My First Atempt Growing Big Bud & Hindu Kush Skunk

kamykazi3

Hello This is my first time posting on this forum , ive ordered some seeds today , 5 big bud seeds and 5 hindu kush seeds. I will start growing them , i am very very new to this , im just growing becouse i love plants , and taking care of them its a great hoby for me , i have a few bonsai trees , and a plant like big bud called my attention , well since i never planted one before i need to know what kynd of materials will i need ? what tipe of dirt should i use ? and is it possible to grow them in my bedroom window wthout any fan and with no artificial light ? Thx to all who disposed the time to read my post , i hope you guys can help me , i will keep posting here my progress , and hoplfully i will have a big happy strong plant "soon" :thumb:

Hey what's up bro, ill answer some questions and ask some of my own, first off your going to make sure you have a dedicated space for this, your going to need to germinate your seeds when they arrive and everything is set up. There are many methods for this, personally I put them in a cup of water till they sprout, but to each his own. Start off the sprouts in a mix of perlite and fox farms ocean forest 30%ff/70%per , once you get there, we will be happy to guide you more, you will need a fan and at least some cfls to get you started... K.. now where do you live? U.s.? Cuz then you def can't do a window grow right now.. , maybe take some pics of your area?

Hey what's up bro, ill answer some questions and ask some of my own, first off your going to make sure you have a dedicated space for this, your going to need to germinate your seeds when they arrive and everything is set up. There are many methods for this, personally I put them in a cup of water till they sprout, but to each his own. Start off the sprouts in a mix of perlite and fox farms ocean forest 30%ff/70%per , once you get there, we will be happy to guide you more, you will need a fan and at least some cfls to get you started... K.. now where do you live? U.s.? Cuz then you def can't do a window grow right now.. , maybe take some pics of your area?

Hello ! thx for taking the time to awser my problems :Namaste:
i know how to germinate the seeds , no problem about that , ok about the mix of perlite and fox farms ocean bla bla , how do i get that ? i live in portugal , i have no idea if this plants are legal here or not , but i was able to order them from a website with no problems at all ah and btw my area is like a contry side , but cops pass by from time to time xD
That mix f perlite and fox farms is worying me , i never heard of somthing like that before , i tought i could use normal dirt :D

Come to the site and read, read, read my friend.

You paid good money for seeds so I'm guessing you want the very best for them...right?

Like my friend kamykazi3 said
make sure you have a dedicated space for this
and
we will be happy to guide you more

Do not just fly blindly into this because marijuana plants take some TLC to make them turn out to their fullest potential so you need gain as much knowledge as you can before you even germinate these seeds...K? :peace:

P.S.; Our grow moderators are in place for just this reason so you should pick their brains for the knowledge you need to start a 1st grow.

Come to the site and read, read, read my friend.

You paid good money for seeds so I'm guessing you want the very best for them...right?

Like my friend kamykazi3 said and

Do not just fly blindly into this because marijuana plants take some TLC to make them turn out to their fullest potential so you need gain as much knowledge as you can before you even germinate these seeds...K? :peace:

P.S.; Our grow moderators are in place for just this reason so you should pick their brains for the knowledge you need to start a 1st grow.

Exactly, thank you for the backup :thanks:, your def. Going to need some artificial light, as I believe its winter there also? And your going to want to keep them on a strict cycle for maximum growth.., you can use regular soil, but it may have some crap you don't want, especially soil from outside, comes with disease, pests.. unless you have a dedicated soil place where you have compost and are constantly maintaining it.. I would use bagged potting soil, you can always order from eBay... Lol

Exactly, thank you for the backup :thanks:, your def. Going to need some artificial light, as I believe its winter there also? And your going to want to keep them on a strict cycle for maximum growth.., you can use regular soil, but it may have some crap you don't want, especially soil from outside, comes with disease, pests.. unless you have a dedicated soil place where you have compost and are constantly maintaining it.. I would use bagged potting soil, you can always order from eBay... Lol

ahh many thanks ! i will buy some soil to avoid any problems , i will have to think about the light , your right its winter here too , my house is quite cold , willl i have any problems with the cold ? can the cold kill my plants ? :S i dont want the to dye , as warrior said , they where quite expensive :) im not worried about maximizing the plant grow , becouse as i said i dont want the plant for the drugs , i just like the looks of it :)

Ah my friend.. I see.. well yes cold can kill your plants, but the lights will help with that issue, and I've never heard that one before.. I love how these plants look too, but Ive never seen someone keep one as a house plant..lol, your going to need to keep the lights in veg if your not interested in the medication...not drugs.. medication... Lemme see if i can post a few links on here in a little bit..

ahh many thanks ! i will buy some soil to avoid any problems , i will have to think about the light , your right its winter here too , my house is quite cold , willl i have any problems with the cold ? can the cold kill my plants ? :S i dont want the to dye , as warrior said , they where quite expensive :) im not worried about maximizing the plant grow , becouse as i said i dont want the plant for the drugs , i just like the looks of it :)

I have to ask, what your going to do with the end result?

Do you plan on even making them bud out?

You might have just bit off more than you're willing to chew my friend.

These plants produce medicine as their end result, so do you at least have a friend to give the harvested buds to?

Maybe you should try it yourself and see just what you have been missing out on...you might just like or even love it. :thumb:

I have to ask, what your going to do with the end result?

Do you plan on even making them bud out?

You might have just bit off more than you're willing to chew my friend.

These plants produce medicine as their end result, so do you at least have a friend to give the harvested buds to?

Maybe you should try it yourself and see just what you have been missing out on...you might just like or even love it. :thumb:

p.s. sory for my "bad" english , im trying my best here :p english is not my main language :)
ok , i dont know what is make them bud out ... and what do you mean by having just a bif off more that your willing for to chew ? :O
I have smoked weed some times , i somtimes smoke in special ocasions , and yes i can give them to some friends and i can smoke some myself , offcourse i will try my own grown weed once i managed to make some ! its like having a son and never actualy see it eheh

Ah my friend.. I see.. well yes cold can kill your plants, but the lights will help with that issue, and I've never heard that one before.. I love how these plants look too, but Ive never seen someone keep one as a house plant..lol, your going to need to keep the lights in veg if your not interested in the medication...not drugs.. medication... Lemme see if i can post a few links on here in a little bit..

ohh thx for your reply :D Cant wait to see the links ;) Thx once again for taking the time to help me out

The light cycle and color spectrum of the lights affect budding, my honest reccomendation for you is to get a lil indoor area goin, strictly veg there as you can use cfls and keep the need for ventilation down, (you always need some, but no need for an 8"inline fan with cfl..lol, unless youve got a sealed room) but anyways, veg inside and then plant in bigger pots outside when the weather starts to warm up some, aka, couple months, and then you don't have to worry about light and everything else that gies with indoor growing, and you can see the plants get to their full potential:peace:

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

That should cover most of your basic answers an some of your more advanced ones when they come along, remember to go check out other peoples journals, look around the site man, as you will find a way larger selection of info from more advanced growers than me..

The light cycle and color spectrum of the lights affect budding, my honest reccomendation for you is to get a lil indoor area goin, strictly veg there as you can use cfls and keep the need for ventilation down, (you always need some, but no need for an 8"inline fan with cfl..lol, unless youve got a sealed room) but anyways, veg inside and then plant in bigger pots outside when the weather starts to warm up some, aka, couple months, and then you don't have to worry about light and everything else that gies with indoor growing, and you can see the plants get to their full potential:peace:

a little off topic question , how long does this plants live and how many times will i be able to harvest them ? and im planing on using reguvar cfls , not sure about the volts yet , maybe you could help me here ? how many volts should i use ? , i want somthing that doesent need to get alot of ventilation , becouse im planing to use a regular fan ,

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

That should cover most of your basic answers an some of your more advanced ones when they come along, remember to go check out other peoples journals, look around the site man, as you will find a way larger selection of info from more advanced growers than me..

i think im gona start building a little place (box like) with some lamps to put my plants into , im starting to think that using the window of my room is not a prety good idea lol

All I'm saying is, just do your homework on this and not to just throw your marijuana seeds in the dirt and expect miracles...ok?

We have tons of great information for you to read and get informed before you take on this adventure.

I will answer your questions;

1. "Bite off more than you can chew" means; To take on more than you are willing to take the responsibility for.

2. These plants grow in two stages and can end up as either a male or a female plant which, as far as I know, is the only plant in the world that has two different genders, the first stage they will be in the "vegetation" stage kept under 24/7 hours of lights on until they are ready to show their "sex" either male or female.

When you establish this you will keep the females because they are the ones that produce the "Bud" or flowers which is the part that gets you high when smoked.

When they are "budding" (flowering) you will need to set the lights to stay on for 12 hours and then back off for 12 hours until they are ready to harvest...understand?

I know it's a little complicated at first but as you read more, you will learn more...cool?

Spend a lot of time on this site reading about how to grow and then start asking all these millions of questions.

All I'm saying is, just do your homework on this and not to just throw your marijuana seeds in the dirt and expect miracles...ok?

We have tons of great information for you to read and get informed before you take on this adventure.

I will answer your questions;

1. "Bite off more than you can chew" means; To take on more than you are willing to take the responsibility for.

2. These plants grow in two stages and can end up as either a male or a female plant which, as far as I know, is the only plant in the world that has two different genders, the first stage they will be in the "vegetation" stage kept under 24/7 hours of lights on until they are ready to show their "sex" either male or female.

When you establish this you will keep the females because they are the ones that produce the "Bud" or flowers which is the part that gets you high when smoked.

When they are "budding" (flowering) you will need to set the lights to stay on for 12 hours and then back off for 12 hours until they are ready to harvest...understand?

I know it's a little complicated at first but as you read more, you will learn more...cool?

Spend a lot of time on this site reading about how to grow and then start asking all these millions of questions.

UAU ! i keep geting more and more exited about this amazing plants , one more question , the females give the actual drug that makes people high , what does the male ones do ? Are they "worthless"? once again :thanks:

Im sory to ask so many questions , feel free to take all the time you need to awser me , i cant realy thank you enough , i will try to research all i need to know tomorow , so that i dont need to keep asking you 10001 questions :p

ah btw , witch ones give the seeds ? males or females ?

Howdy again :) today i worked hard on my grow space ^^ and im starting to see some results i leave some pictures below to show my progress , feel free to give me any tips ;)

p.s. i alredy have ventilation but still no light , im having a hard time finding a way to properly set up the light system

06122011_006.jpg

The inside of my farm

06122011_012.jpg

The Fan (its located on the left side of the farm)

06122011_009.jpg

The outside look of my farm box , where i have the fan

Your doing good and well on your way, lil pointer get rid of the foil in there.. I'm assuming that's foil.. and either get a space blanket and cut it up or paint the inside flat white, foil can create hotspots which will burn your plants, males give off seeds, so to you , right now they are worthless, if you get way more advanced then you can do breeding and such... but that's a whole other topic

Back
Top Bottom