Tjalibabba's First Grow Journal! - Sweet Tooth Auto + Afghani Hindu Kush + CPH Kush

Tjalibabba

Hey Everyone!

This will be my first grow ever! I cleared out my closet, put tin foil on all the walls for reflection, and hooked up a 400w HPS veg light + reflector and ballast. Current schedule is 18/6. Also bought a 3 part fertilizer called [Micro + Grow + Bloom]
The medium is noname coconut soil. The big pots are 10L and the small ones are 5,5L. Unfortunately, the seeds did not arrive at the same time, and i was a little too eager to get started once i got the first ones. The individual strains were planted (from germinated seeds) on the following days:

Afghani hindu kush: Day 1
Sweet tooth auto: Day 7
CPH Kush: Day 14

Day 14:
eN2X9.jpg

(Afghani hindu kush in the two middle pots, CPH kush in the upper right. The rest are sweet tooth auto)

Day 16:
R42Ap.jpg

Day 19:
HMbKn.jpg

Day 21:
VCgY2.jpg

Day 22:
Wrifh.jpg

Day 23
cP862.jpg

Like i said earlier, this is my very first grow. Any feedback is warmly received.

A few future plans i wanna run by you guys:

I plan to bloom them around day 45. By then, the oldest plants will be 6 weeks old, and the youngest will be 4 weeks old. Does that sound realistic?

I would like to switch to a less power-consuming bulb. Maybe i could do it with a 150-250w? With the space i have, what do you guys think?

The dont smell yet, but i bet they will as soon as i start flowering. I've been looking at a scent remover called ONA - Do you know this product, or can you recommend something else?

Thanks!

Re: Tjalibabba's First Grow Journal! - Sweet Tooth Auto + Afghani Hindu Kush + CPH Ku

Update:

Day 24

Kh06E.jpg

Looks like time for a watering, right?

I've also done a few close-ups today. I numbered the plants to make it easy to explain which is which:

iEIuk.png

Plant #2: Sweet tooth auto

9tfP.jpg

Lots of cute little leaves at the stem.. Is that normal? I guess it is for this strain, cause they all have them.

Plant #6: Afghani Hindu Kush

OLsbM.jpg

Re: Tjalibabba's First Grow Journal! - Sweet Tooth Auto + Afghani Hindu Kush + CPH Ku

very nice looking plants.you will probably be better off getting rid of foil doesnt reflect the light as good as mylar.cant wait for new pics keep growing.im a new grower will upload pics when i learn how to.lol.

hi, i agree, white flat paint like emuslion is better than normal foil, or if you look on one of the major selling sights like the rainforest sounding one then you can get a pack of 5 mylar blankets for next to nothing, these are them silver blankets the emergency service wrap round people they rescue, this reflects light better than the paint, the foil dont reflect light it absorbs it and reflects the heat causing hot spots on the plants,

as for the yellowing are you sure your not over watering, you only need to water when the pot is totally dry, these plants like to have dry soil before each watering as the roots need oxygen, so keeping the growing medium wet will badly stunt growth and also cause the roots to rot and cause you a load of problems, another thing id says is getting the temp right also helps these plants, anything around 78f is perfect for these, although you can go slightly higher or lower but not by much, id say above 70 and below 85, some strains will prefer hotter temps and some cooler the strains i am growing prefer temps above 80f and they grow quicker with the higher temps. so try and get the temps sorted and the plants will grow better, with the light your using i would of thought they would have grown a bit quicker than that, so check how often you water, this stunts growth if over watered,

im also using a 400watt dual spectrum hps, the dual spectrum means it contains the blue light needed for the veg stage of growth, normal hps lights are mainly used for flower stage but can be used for both.

great start to your journal though, plenty of pics and thats what we like here

Yea it doesnt but if thats all you got its better than nothing, straighten it oout and it will be a better reflector

Thanks for all the response! Here is my daily shot (Day 30:)

3047.jpg

I tore down the tinfoil today, as you guys suggested. Behind it is a white brick wall

DSC001407.jpg

Also got a fan in the mail today (upper left corner in the photo), hopefully that will help with the temperature.

About the lights - These are the two i have:

DSC001429.jpg

Using the blue one atm, of course. Recently switched to 20/4 (from 18/6), to try and boost grow a little more. Thinking about going 12/12 with the red one on thursday (which will be day 33) - What do you think?

Yea it doesnt but if thats all you got its better than nothing, straighten it oout and it will be a better reflector

Straighten out my reflector? I can straighten it out a little more, if you think its a good idea. But it wont fit in the closet if i straighten it out all the way.

Well if you do the best of your abilities it will reflect more light but anything is better than nothing, looking good dude

To give you an idea about how quickly they are growing:

On day 27 (Scroll up), i posted a shot where i measured the largest plant to about 19 cm (7.5 inches)

Here is the same shot from day 30:

DSC001437.jpg

Now it measures about 25 cm (9.8 inches), so atm its growing about 2 cm (0.8 inches) every day.

Slow/fast/normal?

Edit: I should probably mention this: For the first week (+2 days maybe?) or so, they were growing in the windowsil.

Well if you do the best of your abilities it will reflect more light but anything is better than nothing, looking good dude

Excellent guide and awesome pics. have just planted 3 x sweet tooth auto and 3x blue mystic auto. Similar set up to yourself. All 6 germinated in tissue within 2 days so I'm hoping there good strong seeds! 2x b/m and 1 s/t have pushed through the soil overnight but still have seed casing attached so should I remove it. My first attempt please help !!!!

Excellent guide and awesome pics. have just planted 3 x sweet tooth auto and 3x blue mystic auto. Similar set up to yourself. All 6 germinated in tissue within 2 days so I'm hoping there good strong seeds! 2x b/m and 1 s/t have pushed through the soil overnight but still have seed casing attached so should I remove it. My first attempt please help !!!!

Sounds cool - You should start your own thread and post some pics. Would love to see it :)

Edit:
....so should I remove it. My first attempt please help !!!!
Like exile19 said, they do that on their own - Just let nature do its work :)

No dont mess with it just put it in the ground seed facing up

Sounds cool - You should start your own thread and post some pics. Would love to see it :)

Edit:

Like exile19 said, they do that on their own - Just let nature do its work :)

I know I'm just so tempted to remove it but I won't!!!! 4th seed has now peeked through the soil but its is curly is this a bad sign? T

I've just read that back and it doesn't make sense to me the stem above soil has grown into a spiral. I have some root grow from Dutch pro but wasnt going to use it until week 2 wat do ya think?

they will soon sort themselves out, it wont take long, i have had them grow like that and after a couple of days they start growing normal,

Back
Top Bottom