My First DWC Grow - Unknown Strain

Flipped my Bubblegum Funk to 12/12 yesterday. :) did some light defoil. Cant believe how fast they grow.
Noticing little tears and holes in leaves here and there. But I do not see bugs.

Today's pic. One day after light flip. Drinking at least one gallon a day. I have to top the main res daily.
16995.jpg
22629.jpg

Ps my white stickies catch as much gnats as yellow ones. I think I've about got them all. Is there anything you guys would put in the system to make sure there's no larvae? I've looked good but don't see any. Using room foggers too.

lol...I was hallucinating in my tent today! JOKE
But Could'a swore I saw little white moths. But when you forget to ASH your J and catch those falling ash particles in your peripherals they can look suspicious

EDIT...ok so it took me 15 min to relight it and then 3x puffs to then hold it up an see the ashes "twinkle" in the LED light as they fell

Will update tonight when lights come on.
I was thinking. So many argue that defoling will decrease yields. Yet. That's what a lot of the best techniques use like mainlining.
Nugbuckets, Lightaddict. They defoil like crazy and get awesome yields.

Its all in when you do your defol, imo. During veg, if you have the time you can defol like crazy and the plants will bounce back. In flower tho, i think defol can hurt if you do it at the wrong times or in excess. Conversely, if you do it right, yields can be improved as far as plumping up lower bud sites.
I defoled during my first couple grows and this one i am leaving pretty much intact except for lollipopping. I have to say that things look much more fruitful this time.
I do like to do a staggered harvest where you take the top/biggest colas and leave the lower ones in the flower area a little longer. Some of them will fill out a bit more and you can coax a little more weight out of your girls.

Well. I think two are females for sure. The two biggest ones. Keeping a close eye on the other two. This is day nine since I flipped to 12/12.
420-magazine-mobile448836598.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1651388888.jpg
420-magazine-mobile875290911.jpg
420-magazine-mobile497135140.jpg

Hey missed the start of your journey but looks like I'm here in time to see the flowering! Congrats on the ladies and your success so far. :welldone: feel free to swing by my journal as I also grow DWC, it's always nice to connect with a fellow hydro grower! Welcome to the community!

Upon closer inspection I am afraid two might be males. Going to give them a few more days. Maybe a week. I don't think I am in danger of pollen getting released yet. Fingers crossed.

You'll have some time to see the balls way before pollen. I've crossed a few strains so I'll let ya know

Well two plants look like balls. No pistils yet. Very small though.

This is a before pic. You can see inside the bucket and the plant can fall in the bucket if it's tipped. .
420-magazine-mobile72106751.jpg

So I came up with this idea.
Take an extra cup and cut the top off like this.
420-magazine-mobile1005026439.jpg

Then cut a slit so you can get it around your plant and the existing cup like this.
420-magazine-mobile1677884251.jpg

Then slip around.
420-magazine-mobile1192537713.jpg
then under the cup that's holding your plant.
420-magazine-mobile1466168404.jpg
Hope you like. Patent pending. Haha. It's very sturdy now.

Back
Top Bottom