My first grow cfl pic

yep, me sed wrong fing, to much weed and not enough sleep, im good at phishing, just dangle me magot in the water n wait for them to bite, lol

yep so 9 square ft, my plants measure about 6 inches and 30days old, all this is in my journal if you prefer we discuss things their instead of raping this journal, soz

i got donated some bpn and just waiting for them to be delivered so hoping the plants will grow more when they get the right nutes, lights are well raised now, so well see what happens over next few days

i think i was meant to say, it was 3ft squared, if thats right

sorry not right now im packing and moving soon and my 2 yr program is done in 3 weeks so im going to wait till im at my new place dont worry ill do updated

hi guys, late to the party, but a friend request pulled me in.

wont waste any time, but will dive in with a few comments to bring me upto date with the conversation.

width vs height. As topping slows vertical growth and increases horizontal, so does side pruning promote vertical growth.
ideally you could put a wire frame around the maximum dimentions you will allow your plant, anything that grows outside of it you chop off (unless its a good bud site, then you poke it back in and help it grow vertically.

apart from the obvious wiring complications. the best possible configuration for CFL's is Lots and LOTS of low powered bulbs. 1st advantage is you dont walk out of a shop with this mega bulb!, everyone knows what your going to do with that =p
2nd advantage is the heat distribution is much more even, global grow room temprature and potential hotspots have a much close mean temprature.
3rd advantage is a much more even spread of light and light pentration. the great think about a 10 watt cfl is you can just poke it into the folliage and let it light up the interior.
4th advantage, a plant completely surounded by low heat bulbs is that fans dont need to ossilate, the many fixtures and their bulbs diffuse the wind quite nicely and if all the external lights are hung vertically, then their wires help to keep the plant pointing upwards (in case of a side sag e.t.c)
and finally Protect your 6500k Cfls (depending on your country or local shops) they are rare and cherished, this is your main cost.
2700k bulbs are everywhere, there are zillions of them, energy companies often give packs away for free (to look good), you can beg borrow and steal an almost infinate amount of these, and remember the smaller the better, and most 'men' end up using all the brightest ones in the housse first, not sure why, but its true, lol. so mates should have spares ;)
did i miss anything?

hi guys, late to the party, but a friend request pulled me in.

wont waste any time, but will dive in with a few comments to bring me upto date with the conversation.

width vs height. As topping slows vertical growth and increases horizontal, so does side pruning promote vertical growth.
ideally you could put a wire frame around the maximum dimentions you will allow your plant, anything that grows outside of it you chop off (unless its a good bud site, then you poke it back in and help it grow vertically.

apart from the obvious wiring complications. the best possible configuration for CFL's is Lots and LOTS of low powered bulbs. 1st advantage is you dont walk out of a shop with this mega bulb!, everyone knows what your going to do with that =p
2nd advantage is the heat distribution is much more even, global grow room temprature and potential hotspots have a much close mean temprature.
3rd advantage is a much more even spread of light and light pentration. the great think about a 10 watt cfl is you can just poke it into the folliage and let it light up the interior.
4th advantage, a plant completely surounded by low heat bulbs is that fans dont need to ossilate, the many fixtures and their bulbs diffuse the wind quite nicely and if all the external lights are hung vertically, then their wires help to keep the plant pointing upwards (in case of a side sag e.t.c)
and finally Protect your 6500k Cfls (depending on your country or local shops) they are rare and cherished, this is your main cost.
2700k bulbs are everywhere, there are zillions of them, energy companies often give packs away for free (to look good), you can beg borrow and steal an almost infinate amount of these, and remember the smaller the better, and most 'men' end up using all the brightest ones in the housse first, not sure why, but its true, lol. so mates should have spares ;)
did i miss anything?
YA mean like this ...
new_bulbs_may_14_001.JPG
...oh...

Nice! I cannot wait till I start my first grow and just experience smoking my own bud! Soon! can't wait :D. But glad your first grow turned out, and love those kind of highs!

I just finished reading from the beginning bro. As GiGaBaNe stated, you cannot have enough light when growing with CFL's. Temperature and humidity are important as well. My first grow was with CFL's and I didn't do to bad, considering I did everything wrong..lol. There are a few other things you can keep in mind if you are sticking to CFL's. I would consider switching to autoflowers for one. If time constraints and space available are factors, then autoflowers fit well with CFL grows. Ten weeks from seed to weed. There are some great strains available in feminised autoflowers. Yields are smaller, but with a quick turnaround time, you could make up for it with more plants and by staggering your grow times. By planting say 6 plants, then waiting a week or two and planting another six, and repeating that cycle, you can have continual harvest in smaller spaces. They are often referred to as "window sill weed", as you can grow them right in your window without taking up much space. Here is a pic of one of our Blueberry autoflowers.

Blueberry_Auto_No_2_Bud_closeup.jpg

They don't take long to get to this stage, maybe 6-8 weeks from when the seed is first sprouted. Two more weeks and they are ready for harvest. Just a thought, after reading much of the questions posted here. Anyway, I am subbed brother. Keep em green! :thumb:

the best cfls to get are the 23 watt ones, these have the highest lumins to watt ratio, so say you have 4 x 23 watt cfls, and 1 x 100 watt cfl, then the 4 cfls will give off more lumins than the single 100 watt bulb, so its best to go with the lower watts and pack them in, if you have just 1 200 watt cfl then you have only want light source, but if you had 8 x 23 watt cfls then you could have these all in different places giving you a bigger spread of light and more lumins,

i started my journal with cfls, all i used was 23 and 30 watt cfls, both the 6400k and 2700k, for veg you want a 2 to 1 ratio of 6400k, so 2 x 6400k and 1 x 2700k, and so on, then for flower you want the opposite, you want more of the orange light the 2700k cfls, so 2 of these to 1 of the 6400k, this is the best option i found, but i started using that many bulbs that i was using around 400 watts, so i decided to swtich to hps, this gives me 55,000 lumins with the dual spectrum bulb, but i dont find the dual spectrum very good so ill be buying a mh for veg and a normal hps bulb for flower, a standard hps gives off anything between 60,000 and 65,000 lumins,

Back
Top Bottom