My first grow - Lowryder

stoneytony

Hi all. This is my first grow. I'm growing lowryder #1 and I have 4 plants going now. I'm using a 150 watt HPS and right now two 50 watt CF's. Here's some pictures of my box before I got started.

091508_1724_00_.jpg

091508_1723_02_.jpg

091508_1723_00_.jpg

I painted the box flat white, The white deal hanging down is my exhaust fan filled with activated carbon. I have an intake on the opposite side on the bottom, a pea catcher PVC pipe painted flat black. The light as I said is a 150 watt HPS and I'm using CF's too.

It doesn't really seem worth it to take pictures of my plants now as they are reall small but this one is not doing so hot. I think maybe it got too close to the light? If someone would care to comment on that I would be greatly appreciative. When I saw it this afternoon it was laying flat, so I propped it with a dremel bit to take this photo.

091908_1349_00_1.jpg

Lookin good man, I like the setup youve got there... Good thing there lowrider because the box you have is kinda small (I'm not one to talk LOL). The plant in the pic above should be fine if you just prop it up with a pipe cleaner or something. What soil are you using? Have you thought about nutes?

Lookin good man, I like the setup youve got there... Good thing there lowrider because the box you have is kinda small (I'm not one to talk LOL). The plant in the pic above should be fine if you just prop it up with a pipe cleaner or something. What soil are you using? Have you thought about nutes?

Yeah the box is small. It's my first grow and I just want to get the basics down before I upgrade. I think if this turns out well I will try lowryder #2 and possibly pollinate one to get some more seeds.

The soil is something I'm not too happy about but it was the best I could do in the situation. I live in a small town and the only place to get stuff is the local walmart. I went with a list of ogranic nutes and found out walmart was getting rid of the plant stuff preparing for winter so the selection was very limited. I had to get some miracle grow soil and they had no perlite or any organic nutes. I had some regular potting soil left over, perlite, blood meal, and bone meal. I mixed them all up. I didn't use much of the bone and blood meal because on my last grow attempt I used too much and fried them.

Just a note, the temp stays around 80-85 degrees. I have to keep my AC on at around 68 degrees to keep that temp. I'm thinking about possible adding another intake to lower the temp a bit. The PVC pipe intake I have now is actually smaller then the exhaust so it wouldn't hurt to add another as I believe the intake is actually supposed to be slightly larger then the exhaust.

^ my thoughts exactly. Please, do yourself (and your plants) a favor and order some FF Oceanforest soil offline. They will love you for it. If you cant order any, then see if you can make a trip somewhere to get some... Your efforts will not be in vain, and the grow will go alot smoother.

Gonna take some pictures tonight of the plants. Two of them are doing great. The other two I'll talk about. The one plant that was too close to the light isn't dead but seems to have lost it's will to live. I propped it up but it try's it's hardest to lay back down. The other plant...well it doesn't really even seem like a plant. More like a stem with a seed on top. The leaves are sticking out of the seed shell but it hasn't done anything in the past few days. No sign of death but I wish those leaves would pop that shell off and get some light. Like I said I'll take some more pictures tonight.

Hey guys. I watered the plants today, it's been a few days, I'm sure they appreciated it. I find it easier to not be here now because it seems when I am home I'm obsessed with checking on my plants every hour!! I'll just use the excuse that I'm trying to give them lots of co2 from my breath :) I was gone yesterday so I didn't get to obbsess but it was great when I came home and saw how much they had grown!.

I'll show you the two good plants first. This first one has a slight brown/yellow spot on it because one of my CF's was touching it when I got home, but it appears healthy besides that.

092108_1842_00_.jpg

This next one is probably the biggest. One thing weird about this one is it is a lot darker green then the others.

092108_1839_00_.jpg

This one is the one that got too close to the HPS and basically fell over. I added more soil to the pot to hold it upright.

092108_1841_00_.jpg

The last one is my stem seed. It basically is a stem with a see on top. You can see some green is poking through but for some reason it hasn't popped the shell off yet.

092108_1840_00_.jpg

lookin good so far. The lighting can pose a major threat to your plants man, got to make sure they're not getting fried... Other than that look great.

Sorry, just another quick note. I'm running these on a 18/6 light schedule. From what I've read it doesn't seem to help much to run them 24 hrs a day since they are auto-flowering. So unless I hear a good reason to do that I'll stick with the 18/6 and save a few bucks on electricity.

Nothing big here. Was bored so I decided to take a few more photos of my little grow box setup now that it's actually being used.

092108_2300_00_.jpg

092108_2259_00_.jpg

092108_2302_00_.jpg

092108_2341_00_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom