My First Grow of Bag Seeds Lookin Nice!

ThcExplosions

A simple set up really cups miracle grow bagseed tinfoil on walls and a 300 wat lite bulb 18 hours a day 6 hours sleep... watered 3 to 4 times a day and positioned correctly when they tilt towards the light... sounds stupid but i try to talk to them as much as possible and im soon to get a mini fan for circulation.... ill keep postin pics lemme kno what u think and tips

IMG002761.JPG

IMG002771.JPG

IMG002781.JPG

IMG002792.JPG

this is only day 4 ill keep every1 posted

Re: My First Grow of Bag Seeds lookin nicee!!!

hey Explosions, seedlings off to a good start. But I have to ask, is that a 300 watt incandescent bulb? cause I don't think thats going to get you very far. Incandescent Lighting is less than ideal for growing with. No matter the wattage. Might want to look into alternative light sources. other than that, looking good. Good luck!

agreed, get yourself a cfl bulb or buy a flo light at Home Depot for like $10.

and get rid of the tin foil it only causes a heat buildup with little to no reflective power. a flat white surface will do you more good. maybe you can find some mylar laying around somewhere if that'll suit your needs better.

bag seed no matter how good you think the bud you got it from, can tend to be unstable. however, it is a very good place to start before you start spending dough on beans

best of luck!

kirk

ill buy the bulb but do i need a certain lamp 4 it or does it plug rite into the 1 i have?

ill buy the bulb but do i need a certain lamp 4 it or does it plug rite into the 1 i have?

The socket you are using is just fine if you plan on switching to a large CFL bulb. Make sure you get a bulb in the 6500k range for vegging. You will need 2700k for flowering. If I were you I'd buy a Y adapter and get two 42 watt or higher bulbs. though less would work for now, depending on your budget. You will need more as you go but for now that would be great. happy shopping and if you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

ok so i went to hd and got a 150 cfl ... heres the new improvement and updated pics.

IMG002851.JPG

IMG002861.JPG

IMG002871.JPG

IMG002842.JPG

ok so i went to hd and got a 150 cfl ... heres the new improvement and updated pics.

Thats better, your plants will love you for that. Though as RustyDude has suggested you will want to lower the light for them. If not they will stretch and stretch and stretch untill they fall over trying to reach for the light. Providing your area is well ventilated heat from the CFL should be no problem. though yes they can still burn plants. You want to have that bulbs about 2 or 3 inches from your seedlings. Your off to a good start, keep up the good work and they will reward you for it!

+ reps for getting the CFL. I'm suscribed and will be following your grow.

ok so check it out i took the tinfoil down got a cfl 150 and positined the light about 2 inches from the top of the plant... thanks for the advice ppl keep it comin

IMG002881.JPG

IMG002891.JPG

ok so check it out i took the tinfoil down got a cfl 150 and positined the light about 2 inches from the top of the plant... thanks for the advice ppl keep it comin

IMG002881.JPG

IMG002891.JPG

That should be good for a while. Keep doing what your doing and that little set up should be all they need from you, besides water and love, for the next few weeks. though I would like to suggest if you could place the bulb horizontally across the seedlings. CFL's project most of their light from the sides, not the top. the way it is will be fine, like I said for a little while.

I was wondering though, could you give some further description of your grow area? whats your plans for further down the grow road? just wondering really.

edit: Also is that an actual 150 watt light or 150 equivalent?

that set up is a little section in my closet im soon to clean the whole thing out to have a more proficient set up and atm im not quite sure how imma do vegging becuz this times gonna b the first time i use nutrients so imma have to do research on that as well... the light bulb is a 150 watt... on this grow its also gonna be my first time growing clones too

Oh ok, Yeah I use a closet as well. Works great with CFLs since you dont really have to worry about venting too much heat. There are ALOT of choices for nutes. I personally being on a budget grow situation have been using generic nutes. my veg nutes were like 20-10-8 and for flower I am using a 15-30-15. Until last week i have had no problems with them. Though for my next grow I am going to be buying one of the technaflora starter kits. they have every thing you need for a small grow and coast about $30. But they really only have enough for a small two maybe 3 plant grow. from start to finish. Nutes are so over priced if you ask me.. I keep putting off cloning my self. I really need to get to that. I'm well into bloom and still haven't cut one yet. I keep forgetting really. well any ways I'm rambling and as always dont be afraid to ask questions..

do you have pics of your plants ??? ill change the closet around today 2 to show what kinda space i have

nice thread i like the simple set up but its deffinately a good 1... nice plants... where did u get those light bulb adapters that u plug into the outlet and the lb goes right in the other end?

Thanks! I got everything I need from Lowes. Though any hardware store should carry them. If I recall I actually got them at ace cause they were like $.60 cheaper. They sure do make life easier when it comes to adding more lights. Though I want to buy more of those reflectors. how ever they are not very cost effective due to the fact that besides the cost of the reflector you need, 1: socket extender and 3: Y adapters to get 4 bulds under there. How ever they are handy. Since I am not very confident about wiring my own home made reflectors its worth it I think in the end.

hey 420 im sad to report that i had workers come to my house not by choice but because the whole building got the same thing done in every apartment and during this process my litttle babies didnt have enough light so therefor died... thank you every1 for following im soon to get some better seeds and hopefully some feminized ones 2... ill be back soon just need some time to recooperate from my recent loss

Back
Top Bottom