My Introduction To DWC Hydroponics

No worries brother!

I just don't want you to be put off by the current difficulties. There are ways to cut down those difficulties, and I know you have at least one of those ways planned out for the future.

But flop? Bah, no way amigo! You seriously underestimate yourself- and the crew here that will see you through it.

I'll be putting my stirponic system together very very soon, I'm getting the itch to start my next grow.
I will be envious of the system. I am glad for you plus we get the benefit of learning while you tend to the new garden.
Need your help I think. Look below

The transplant shock should be over. This is all me.

I will be envious of the system. I am glad for you plus we get the benefit of learning while you tend to the new garden.
Need your help I think. Look below

The transplant shock should be over. This is all me.

Looks like she's not liking the nitrogen amount, and is starting to show N toxicity.

The TDS meter, let's assume it is the x800 amount, it's fairly standard. In all honesty, it gives you the data point for bumping or lowering TDS...truly- at the minimum nothing more than that is needed.

Those roots look spectacular 😍. She's about ready to rock you, in a good way.

Now we just need to figure out a mix of that Trio to give a bit less N.

Your cal mag is 2-0-0.

Have they just started clawing, or was she like that before the last reservoir change?

She will push through it. I've brought plants to harvest with N toxicity before...so don't loose sleep. Not that I'm recommending to ignore it.

Ps- a stirponic system is nothing to be envious of. It's an ultra cheap design that is problematic. The Fallponic System i showed you is way better.

Looks like she's not liking the nitrogen amount, and is starting to show N toxicity.
Now we just need to figure out a mix of that Trio to give a bit less N.
Your cal mag is 2-0-0.
Yes, Cal/Mag is labeled "2-0-0" but my Chief Chemist @farside05 tells me it is double the N.
Yes, 2-0-0 but my
Have they just started clawing, or was she like that before the last reservoir change?
Ever since I said "I made my solution too strong" the Claws began to be noticed. Today my numbers are much lower ppm. in my solution, and I have new growth giving us pause for hope. The plant looks more satisfied. Maybe not happy yet, but progress.
She will push through it. I've brought plants to harvest with N toxicity before...so don't loose sleep. Not that I'm recommending to ignore it.

Ps- a stirponic system is nothing to be envious of. It's an ultra cheap design that is problematic. The Fallponic System i showed you is way better.
I am looking forward to setting up my kit. This DWC run will maybe make the RDWC startup less ugly. I bought another R/O system (5 stage) to install in the garden work area. I also have a deep sump well adjacent to where the R/O system is being installed. Organized my Feed Table for Hydroponics and set up P/H testing spot. Busy work but it needs done.

I have a question about my daily chores. I have been trying to figure what ppm. I should use. before top-off or after?

Your water level is too high . sending you and everyone else good vibes .
NH!!! It's been way too long? How are ya doing????
His water level is 1 or 2 inches below the basket (if i remember correctly :laugh: )....what level do you usually have yours at?
Yes, Cal/Mag is labeled "2-0-0" but my Chief Chemist @farside05 tells me it is double the N.
Ok.
I usually prefer my cal mag to have as low N as possible, but each to their own. I think that might just be a preference thing.
Ever since I said "I made my solution too strong" the Claws began to be noticed.
Ok, well we shall see how she likes the newer batch. Hopefully it will stop more clawing.
Today my numbers are much lower ppm. in my solution, and I have new growth giving us pause for hope. The plant looks more satisfied. Maybe not happy yet, but progress.
Oh, from what I saw of those roots, you have lots of growth coming in your near future. She'll get there.
I am looking forward to setting up my kit. This DWC run will maybe make the RDWC startup less ugly.
You will quickly see why i prefer RDWC over a 4 plant DWC run :rofl:
I bought another R/O system (5 stage) to install in the garden work area. I also have a deep sump well adjacent to where the R/O system is being installed. Organized my Feed Table for Hydroponics and set up P/H testing spot. Busy work but it needs done.
Important work too! And work that pays dividends
I have a question about my daily chores. I have been trying to figure what ppm. I should use. before top-off or after?
Good question. Myself, i just guessed that after a top up. I think that whichever route you pick- consistency is the key part for the measurements. So whichever you do- stick with it.

I generally adjust my water level to 1" below the net cups (never closer). I will let it drop to 2 - 2 1/2" max to let it experience a little more oxygen.
Hello my friend,
The full line on my buckets is ~~1 inch below my net cups. My man @Rexer directed the establishment of where my full bucket needed to be. But thanks for all for the input. We watch for everything.

Mrs. Maritimer was hinting around at attempting to replicate your wife's 110+ year old ginger cookies. She took one a day to work at Amazon and said they helped her better than my gummies. I ate one, and she ate the rest. Did not share with other folks. I tried to shame her, and it failed.
Hope you guys are well. :love:

NH!!! It's been way too long? How are ya doing????
His water level is 1 or 2 inches below the basket (if i remember correctly :laugh: )....what level do you usually have yours at?

Ok.
I usually prefer my cal mag to have as low N as possible, but each to their own. I think that might just be a preference thing.

Ok, well we shall see how she likes the newer batch. Hopefully it will stop more clawing.

Oh, from what I saw of those roots, you have lots of growth coming in your near future. She'll get there.

You will quickly see why i prefer RDWC over a 4 plant DWC run :rofl:

Important work too! And work that pays dividends

Good question. Myself, i just guessed that after a top up. I think that whichever route you pick- consistency is the key part for the measurements. So whichever you do- stick with it.
Hey Rexer ..life is still complicated..I lurk ..working on things ..had a successful outdoor harvest ..literally needed a chainsaw ..pretty epic . Trying to jump back into life . thanks for the warm welcome.
my water in hydro is at Least 4 inches below the basket ..especially when they are young ..on the site tube it’s about 3/4 full…when in bloom with a big root ball the site tube will read about half or just under .
I’d upload a pic bit I’m a little rusty ..maybe I’ll pop in more often .
stay safe!

Ahoy There,
Don't give up on my green thumb yet,
got a lemon in one season.
LOS soil, fed Mega Crop.
View media item 1884152Using Shed's Bamboo idea.

Garden Update,
We did a nute change today putting a fresh load of goodies (medium strength) in the buckets. I noticed a buildup on my air stone that sure looked like slime to me. Roots are finally coming along, and I see no buildup of anything on them. I also think I know why folks use 3/8 or 1/2 inch for fluid level indicating tubes. Mine are 1/4 inch and seem to get hung up while filling. I will be adding fluid watching the tube carefully when all of a sudden it jumps up, usually past my full mark.

I also cleaned up some off the worst leaves and will grab a couple pics this afternoon.

Garden Update,
We did a nute change today putting a fresh load of goodies (medium strength) in the buckets.
Hows your ppm been? Has there been steady drops?
I noticed a buildup on my air stone that sure looked like slime to me.
yup. Thats normal. Its bacteria. Heres my take on it:
Leave it be.
If you were running sterile, it would be a cause for concern. But ive always looked at it that i pay for bacteria in the reservoir - and those slimy stones show the bacteria is kicking still.
That is just how i view it- its not based on any research.
Roots are finally coming along, and I see no buildup of anything on them. I also think I know why folks use 3/8 or 1/2 inch for fluid level indicating tubes. Mine are 1/4 inch and seem to get hung up while filling. I will be adding fluid watching the tube carefully when all of a sudden it jumps up, usually past my full mark.

I also cleaned up some off the worst leaves and will grab a couple pics this afternoon.
I saw the pics, and they are looking great! Your doing good @Maritimer !

Looks like you've sorted out the droughting under the LEDs, that's for sure!
Not under that Mega Light. @StoneOtter has a dimmer for his, I did not get one. Does anyone know what happened with the company? The guy that helped me out was a top shelf kinda person. He said they were going to be bought out.

Hows your ppm been? Has there been steady drops?
Hi bro,
It seems like the buckets would take turns. One would drop a little, but the other was static. Next day they would flip flop.
yup. Thats normal. Its bacteria. Heres my take on it:
Leave it be.
If you were running sterile, it would be a cause for concern. But ive always looked at it that i pay for bacteria in the reservoir - and those slimy stones show the bacteria is kicking still.
That is just how i view it- its not based on any research.
I think your right. At least I slept better knowing I wasn.t goofing up.
I saw the pics, and they are looking great! Your doing good @Maritimer !
You are too nice. Thanks

Not under that Mega Light. @StoneOtter has a dimmer for his, I did not get one. Does anyone know what happened with the company? The guy that helped me out was a top shelf kinda person. He said they were going to be bought out.
I don't know what happened with them. You're right about the person helping on the phone. He was tops! Too bad about them, they had a fine light!

Back
Top Bottom