NDW's Overflow Soil Grow

NoDirtWeed4Me

Ok Here's what's going on. I sprouted too many plants of this strain to fit in my hydro grow. So what I'm doing is taking 4 of the plants of this strain and putting them in soil and flowering them right away. The strain for this grow is Caterpillar a 70/30 Sativa/Indica cross.

Today I moved the two older plants into soil and will be putting them under the hps in a couple hours. These are plants number 1 and 4 from my new hydro grow. They are on day 16, sprouted from the soil on day 5.

The soil I am using is Miracle Grows new Organic blend. Looks like some very good soil, only problem is that I didn't notice before putting the plants in that there is no perlite in this mix. So, I am going to have to be very carefull with these as to overwatering. I'm definitely going to go pick up a bag of perlite before transplanting the next 2 plants, which won't be for a few more days.

So here are the pics of the plants in their new pots. I know the pots look small but they are actually 1 gallon pots. The leaves on this strain are just huge though.

Day16_Cat11.jpg

Day16_Cat41.jpg

;)

Ok I know it's kind of soon but here's a update on the grow. The flower chamber is obviously temporary. It will be taking over a larger part of the garage when the time comes for the main batch of plants to be flowered. But for now it's just going to be a few early flowered plants and those 2 clones, which should be ready for harvest in a few weeks. I'm going to run to Home Depot either today or tomorrow and pick up some white tarp to hang inside to help retain a bit more light.

OFDay18_Group1.jpg

OFDay18_Cat11.jpg

OFDay18_Cat41.jpg

:Rasta:

sweet man, i dig the "overflow" grow thats cool keep it up bro

Ok here's another update for you guys. The 2 that have been in there are doing well and continuing to grow and I put catipillar number 5 in there with them last night and it is doing just fine too. I know it's a little young to be in there to flower but I don't really care. I didn't have room for it in the hydro setup after putting the purple urkle and super silver haze in there. So we'll see if it works out. Anyone ever try flowering this young? It was only 8 days old when I put it in there.

OFDay20_Cat11.jpg

OFDay20_Cat41.jpg

OFDay20_Cat51.jpg

I think I'll update the old clones in here too. They are doing well, even if they are ugly as sin. Not much change. I hope they finish maturing soon. I'm getting a little tired of them just sitting there doing nothing.

Day76_Clone11.jpg

Day76_Clone21.jpg

:bongrip:

nice lookin young buds bud

Alright some more pics of both the old clones and the new babies. No signs of sex yet. But they are growing along if alot slower than the onles left in the hydro to grow under the flouros. There is just a huge difference in size between them now. They are about 7 inches from tip of largest leaf to tip of the opposite leaf, whereas the ones left in the hydro are about 18 inches from tip to tip.

OFDay25_Cat11.jpg

OFDay25_Cat41.jpg

OFDay25_Cat51.jpg

The 2 clones are just looking sickly. The buds look very healthy but the leaves are just toast. The cold I left them out in when I first moved here just fucked them. I'll go ahead and harvest them in the next week or so. They are just taking up valuable space and with how sick they are I'm worried that they are going to catch some disease that it could spred to my healthy plants.

Day81_Clone21.jpg

Day81_Clone11.jpg

:joint:

i love the color of the buds, to bad that the leaves arent healthy the finished product would have been some really bad ass budd, not that the bud on there not isnt. . . but maturity would have set in more. . . keep i tup

Thanks bro. I wish they had survived the move better, but it was more of a expierement than an actual attempt at a good grow anyways, so the mission was accomplished as far as that goes. I'd rather concentrate on the new grow rather than try to resucitate these pathetic plants anyway.

well the leaves dying at the end is typically just a sign of the buds drawing in the Nitrogen from the leaves....i don't think there's much of a problem per se...but i guess having healthy leaves at the end just means the plant is getting enough N on it's own.

Yeah I don't think it's a fert problem I added ferts a couple weeks ago and I haven't seen any improvements. I think it was just never able to recover from the damage done from the cold when I first moved here from San Diego. When I moved I had to leave them outside for a week before I got my light up and it was pretty cold, almost freezing. I think I'll go ahead an harvest them today.

Alright!!! Caterpillar number 1 showed it's colors today and is most definitely female. Caterpillar number 4 has what appears to be female preflowers but I won't call it till I'm sure. Caterpillar number 5 has given no sign yet.

A couple of days ago I said fuck it and chopped down the clones. I was just tired of them sitting there and doing nothing. So another few days of hanging and they'll be ready for the jar. Not that there is alot there. Maybe a quarter oz between the 2. Which, seeing as I was not expecting them to survive in the first place, I consider it to be a gift.

I'll put pics of everything up later.

FUCK!!!! Ok so I was wrong about the sexes. I think I might have all three males. One of them I'm sure about (Caterpillar 1) and the other 2 look like they will be the same. Same preflowers. Fuck fuck fuck. What a waste.

damn man i no how you fell i had 6 males in a row sorry about the luck but just sit down and smoke a nice long fat joint.:smokin3:

peace out:smokin3:

Back
Top Bottom