NDW's Outdoor Grow

Mr NDW.. kick the shit outta that cold. Looking good mate. :cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:

Here's a pretty average size leaf I trimmed off earlier today, next to a pack of smokes.

DSCF9307.jpg

you definitely kicked me in the ass....I was proud of this year's crop till I saw yours. do ya have any kind of camo over that lattice?

well congrat's on about as perfect a garden as I've ever seen. in my part 'o the country, security has to be absolutely number 1 priority. lucky fuck. lol

Chopped one of the big girls yesterday. Wifey and I spent 4.5 hours trimming last night, and have only made it about a third of he way into the pile. It's pretty crazy. Alot of damn bud. :yikes: lol

Here's a few pics. Wifey and I spent another 4+ hours today trimming, and are finally done. What you see hanging in the bathroom is about 2/3 of the buds I got from this one plant, the other 1/3 is hanging in my closet. Also, if anyone has any advice to give on drying a few pounds of trim without ending up with mold I'd love to here it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSCF9412.jpg

No advice on drying the trimmings but why not make a sweet assed batch of cannabutter? I've seen alot of threads on recipes and this is best and easiest to follow.

First of all use a quality table butter. Land 'O Lakes is nice. You'd have a bunch of trimmings and so 2#s butter, a large pot, water, plastic spoon and a stainless screen type of strainer (not cheese cloth or a coffee filter).

Cut all the trimmings/leaves into small pieces (they'll turn better & more often in simmering water/butter mix) and set aside.
Fill 1/2 way with water an appropriate sized pot for trimmings, bring water to a rolling boil and add your 2#s of butter (your butter won't burn this way) let butter melt and reduce heat to a low boil/simmer, then add your trimmings. Stir occaisionally with plastic spoon (wood will absorb butter/cannabutter mix) for an hour at low boil/simmer. Let cool for 1/2 hour then....
Strain the mix through the steel strainer (other strainers will hold/absorb cannabutter steel can not) and into a lg enough tupperware bowl, use a rubber spatula if much cannabutter mix is riding the side of your pot. Put tupperware in fridge after it cools a bit more and of course in a couple hours the cannabutter will harden & rise to the top for easy harvest.

Now it's fair to say if your strainer isn't fine enought you'll get some plant matter in your cannabutter, that will have no effect except appearences.. So look around in one or two stores and you'll fine a nice fine screen strainer to fit the need perfectly.

I'll definitely be making some cannabutter/oil, but my problem is getting it to dry without molding so that I can. There are quite a few buds in the trim bags, if there were'nt enough big buds on the branch I just chopped all the buds off into the trim bag. Guess I'll try to lay them out on a table or something. The trim is so gooey, it's in clumps so I doubt it will dry very evenly in the lunch bags I have them in.

Looking good homeslice. Save me a taste would ya? :cheesygrinsmiley:

:adore:

you could also try drying the trim on un used window screens....and support the screens so that there are only supports on the eges,this way air will reach both the top and bottom of the trim.

If u do that i would place some wax paper or something below the screens just o catch and tricromes that might fall through....plus turning these piles every day will help with the drying process. ive seen this done numerous time from buddies of mine who had massive outdoor harvests.

oh yea i cant forget....those are some kick ass looking nugs man, good job this summer.

im glad to se it all work out for you ndw! your plants looked healthy all the time.We need to hook up after its all said and done and bring some samples of our meds bro. that bud in the pic is fat!

Back
Top Bottom