My 2017 Outdoor Soil Gurls

Looks like that Dehuy is working real well. Which one did you get?

Girls are looking thick man, nice to see them outside in the Bezerkshires. :thumb:

Actually, since they dried enough to begin curing and jarring and burping the RH came in on its own with only the bova packs and that small dehumidifier in the bottom of the vault. I actually took the dehumidifier out this morning. I'm burping once a day just by leaving the tops off.

As for the new dehumidifier, it works too good and there is a problem with it so I have a second one on order. Within about an hour it pulled the RH down to 34%. The main problem, the power switch is one of the single push on type and not a toggle on/off type. Which means it will not power on when the controller signals it. The second one has a toggle type switch. Returning the first one tomorrow. The replacement unit is a Ivation IVADM10. And the controller is a WILLHI WH1436H. I'm confident that the 2 will give me what I need for the drying vault. I'll let you know. Obtw...cost for both about $75. Well worth it.

Imagine where'd we be if the weather cooperated this season. What we got about a month and half left? Regardless gonna chop the end of October. Unless old man winter comes early. Have to admit that I've been enjoying the early fall temps. Window units cleaned up and put away for the season.

The first one is a Purple Star. The tall ones are Pinewarp or Timewarp.

I'll rub a leaf to see what the smell is. Both sweet and piney scents on the gardens.

So I ventured out back to check on the gurls. I promised to rub a few out and describe the varieties. First our early gurl has a nice berry something. Maybe fruity. Every time I open up the basement vault i get a nice hit.

As for the garden gurls. EE2, the dark haired gurl is also a slight sweet something. The gurl next to her has a piney something.

Stilts1 and 2 are NOT the same strain. Can't quite figure S1 out but S2 is most definitely berry. A very strong berry smell.

So that's the smell test....lol. Will feed again tonight but rain in the forecast.

Soooo, I was bored and took a trip out back to see what came of those gorilla gurls. Nutin...lol. One was stripped bare. It was a boy. Another broken at the trunk and nothing was left. Buuuut, the third actually had a nice little surprise. A small little frosted bud. So I chopped it and did a little trim. Testing the dehumidifier and controller. Works perfect. Set for 48-52. Perfect... Got an awesome smell from the sniff test. Almost grape. And the bud has a dark leaf. So nice little surprise. The gurls in the garden are doing just fine. They get a hair cut today for bud building.

Heres the gurls today. Haven't given them any hair cuts yet but will get to it.

Pics...
IMG_139239.JPG

IMG_139331.JPG

IMG_139430.JPG

IMG_139534.JPG

IMG_139636.JPG

IMG_139742.JPG

IMG_139832.JPG

IMG_139931.JPG

IMG_140029.JPG

IMG_140138.JPG

IMG_140235.JPG

IMG_140336.JPG

IMG_140436.JPG

Have a High, High weekend....

17 Sep 17...
Feeding time. Been awhile since I've spent some time in garden. Gave them all a gentle shake to get some moisture off. Tugged on yellowish fans to remove them if they were ready. But best of all I gave them all a Mohawk. Every bud that I could reach got a little snipping on top. The thickness and density of each cola is nice. With the bud building they should fatten up even more.

So that puts me about 3-4 weeks out for flushing and chopping. They'll get 1-2 weeks more of nutrients then flush for about 1-2 weeks then chop. Gonna be a good Halloween....lol.

Oh and I took a first taste of that early gurl yesterday. Had to fight not to get locked down. The smoke was not at all harsh. But the high was strong and long lived. Veg'd outside doing yard work all day. The cure continues but not burping as much now. Once every day or so.

No work for me today so I'm gonna clip a few leafs for the scope. Don't want to loose any of the potency or loose any to mold again. So if any of them are beyond cloudy with a good percentage of amber I'll pull the trigger and chop whoever is ready. Rain expected all week with that GD storm coming thru tomorrow and Wednesday. I don't have any way to protect the plants from the rain so I'm gonna try and avoid another loose like with the first chop. And the drying vault works like a charm. So there's a plus.

Dam, it has been awhile...lol. Still drying the Purple Star. Outer edges were finally crisping up. Just went into jars yesterday, lids off. RH was 60. Lids on this morning with a RH meter in one of them. I'll check the RH when I get home. I'll be happy if it's close to 70. Otherwise it will be lids off for another 12 hours. I'm chopping the next gurl this weekend. The 2 sativa's seeded up on me so it's trim the entire plant for the sugar leafs. Freeze that for butter and bubble hash. The rest of the plant I'll dry and harvest for seeds. Talked to my local guy and he feels it's more likely that the male we found earlier in the season pollenated the gurls. Not likely to be a hermi that pollinated because no nannars were seen. That's what I'm hoping for because there's no real way of knowing till you grow a couple to see if they take on hermi traits. Maybe I'll pop a couple over the winter to find out. That early gurl the Mighty Mite is still a fine smoke. I've yet to take a hard hit from her because of the hit I get with just the one hitter. Obviously it's true what they say about a long cure. The longer the better. Dropped off a jar at my local guy and he gave it a thumbs up and told me I know what I'm doing. That was a cool ass feeling. Also gave a small cVault to my uncle. Got about 25g further curing in the vault. Oh, and that honorable mention that I found out in the back forty. Nothing but the top left but all frosted up. It's in the vault curing nicely and has taken on a nice fruity almost grape smell. I haven't touched it and really don't want to...lol. It'll come in at no more than a couple grams. I'll save it for last. Which means spring time for me...lol. The vault will be full for the winter. Ok, I'm babbling...lol. Nice morning buzz.... Today is a big deal because I get the dehydrator today. There's a technic that I just have to try. Thanks SweetSue and Luweedgi.

So, we caught up?....LMAO.

Dam, it has been awhile...lol. Still drying the Purple Star. Outer edges were finally crisping up. Just went into jars yesterday, lids off. RH was 60. Lids on this morning with a RH meter in one of them. I'll check the RH when I get home. I'll be happy if it's close to 70. Otherwise it will be lids off for another 12 hours. I'm chopping the next gurl this weekend. The 2 sativa's seeded up on me so it's trim the entire plant for the sugar leafs. Freeze that for butter and bubble hash. The rest of the plant I'll dry and harvest for seeds. Talked to my local guy and he feels it's more likely that the male we found earlier in the season pollenated the gurls. Not likely to be a hermi that pollinated because no nannars were seen. That's what I'm hoping for because there's no real way of knowing till you grow a couple to see if they take on hermi traits. Maybe I'll pop a couple over the winter to find out. That early gurl the Mighty Mite is still a fine smoke. I've yet to take a hard hit from her because of the hit I get with just the one hitter. Obviously it's true what they say about a long cure. The longer the better. Dropped off a jar at my local guy and he gave it a thumbs up and told me I know what I'm doing. That was a cool ass feeling. Also gave a small cVault to my uncle. Got about 25g further curing in the vault. Oh, and that honorable mention that I found out in the back forty. Nothing but the top left but all frosted up. It's in the vault curing nicely and has taken on a nice fruity almost grape smell. I haven't touched it and really don't want to...lol. It'll come in at no more than a couple grams. I'll save it for last. Which means spring time for me...lol. The vault will be full for the winter. Ok, I'm babbling...lol. Nice morning buzz.... Today is a big deal because I get the dehydrator today. There's a technic that I just have to try. Thanks SweetSue and Luweedgi.

So, we caught up?....LMAO.

Nothing wrong with some seeds!! Glad to hear things are going well brother!

Life is getting in the way of my hobby...lol. Quick update. Chopped all plants last weekend. Drying the last one and hang drying the seeded gurls. Smoking the Mighty Mite as we speak. Handing out goodies to family and friends. The Purple Star is still drying but now in jars with Bova packs. RH is high, around 65-70. Daily burping will continue. The other unknown strain is still on limbs but trimmed and hanging. Taking my time with the drying and curing. RH averages around 70-75 but drops regularly to 55-60 with the fan blowing. May cut down to buds and jar today. The smell is slightly fruity. Of the two seeded gurls the PineWarp smells like its name. Very piney. Not unpleasant. The TimeWarp is another sweet berry smell. So we'll find out if these seeds are viable over the winter. I'll use them in my light review and soil side by side.

Here's the unknown strain trimmed down...

420-magazine-mobile873722799.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1565021621.jpg

How time flies when we're having fun...LOL. Life and the ever pursuit of happiness....which means harvest time. I got it all in the vault. Didn't end up with much but enough to get me through the winter. The seeded gurls got chopped, hung and dried so I got some interesting seeds out of that. A Pinewarp and Timewarp crossed with a Purple Star. Interesting to say the least. I'll be giving my wrap up this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom