My 2017 Outdoor Soil Gurls

If the pollen was mature and stayed dry,,, pollen keeps forever. Well close. Just be careful with the shit.. Rouge pollen lives just as long.. Nothing worse than doing a great flip,, then 4-5 weeks in seed pods start popping out all over the place. And you got no more sensimillia...
But as long as he had any open pods,, you got a good chance of collecting some. GL aand Keepem reen

Thanks for chiming in North... So the key is "mature". I don't know the state of maturity when I chopped him but he was loaded with bolas. You remember the pics? Would you consider that mature?

420-magazine-mobile474743056.jpg

I've got him hanging and drying out as we speak. Gonna cut the limbs and paper bag him this weekend.

He's a half acre away from the garden. I better be safe...lol.

Thanks for chiming in North... So the key is "mature". I don't know the state of maturity when I chopped him but he was loaded with bolas. You remember the pics? Would you consider that mature?

420-magazine-mobile474743056.jpg

I've got him hanging and drying out as we speak. Gonna cut the limbs and paper bag him this weekend.

He's a half acre away from the garden. I better be safe...lol.
.5 miles is the radius on a lightly windy day I believe.
Just be hella mindful after you visit ole boy!

.5 miles is the radius on a lightly windy day I believe.
Just be hella mindful after you visit ole boy!

I hear ya Blazin. I'll bag him first and take a drive. I could also take a real hike out back but that's just too much work...lol. I'll be sure to get some pics.

25 Aug 17..,
I was able to collect what was left of the male plant in a paper bag. After it dries out some more we'll see if we got any viable pods. I did see some pods open so there still may be a good chance of some not pop'd.

Made the trip out to see the gurls and they are doing much better. With nutrients last night and ph'd water this morning, even the yellowing fans were looking better. Soil was better with some moistness to it.

Stopped by my local shop and picked up some SLF-100. The concern here is with dry pots and more yellowing leaves the plant may be locked out for many reasons to include salt deposit on the roots. Even though there isn't any salt in the calcium based nutrients, they can still get locked out due to naturally occurring salt deposits on the roots. They will all get fed in the morning with the added supplement.

26 Aug 17...
Feeding/flushing time. All the gurls got some attention this morning. Took some time to release the limbs. Up to this point they were tied down during training. Most of the tie offs had been broken off by the plant during stretch. No more noticeable droopy leaves on Stilts1. She's in full recovery. And as I was checking out the 2 tall plants I realized that I have a new problem...a nice problem to have...lol. The arms have stretched so much that once the buds begin to fill in they will get heavy. And fill in they will. So I will spend some time this weekend supporting the tops. Once the sun gets up I'll take some pics. They all looked frosty but that was morning dew and mist.

Pics...LOL. I'll try and put them by strain. Keep in mind I'm guessing since it was an outdoor mix. All seeds from BC Bud Depot.

First up EB, I believe she's a Mighty Mite. A short squat plant and an early finisher. And finished she is...LOL. All seeds were pop'd at the same time.

EB...

IMG_127743.JPG

IMG_128042.JPG

IMG_127940.JPG

Then there's Stilts1 & 2. Pinewarp or Timewarp. Sativa's by the way they stretched. They are suppose to finish late September and I believe they are on time. Officially went into flower the end of July and bloom just about a weeks ago.

Stilts1 & 2...

Stilts1...I think...LOL...

IMG_128140.JPG

IMG_128237.JPG

IMG_128341.JPG

Stilts2...

IMG_129047.JPG

IMG_129140.JPG

IMG_129237.JPG

Up next is EE2. Purple Star. Remember that boy. I think they were the same strain. Short stout plant. Finishes mid to late October. I hope not.

EE2...

IMG_128444.JPG

IMG_128542.JPG

IMG_128649.JPG

I hope I got the pics in the right order.

Enjoy and as always have a....

High, High weekend....

Feeding/flushing. Last day for flushing EB. Will chop Wednesday or Thursday or the weekend...lol. Will be relocating the rest of the gurls this week to a more secluded area, for the fly overs. So less direct sunlight. If I'm lucky they'll get high noon sunlight at best. But gotta protect the gurls.

Sooooo, chop chop we did. Didn't even waist time scoping her. She's ready. No trimming just wash and hang. Got them in the frig. Current temp is 65 with rh above 70. But that should settle down. If not then I'll put some bova packs in. Didn't even trim the fans. Although when I do get around to trimming they will go before the sugar leaves do. And I did feed the rest this morning so tomorrow straight water. Water nutrients water nutrients from here on out.

Got them drying out in the frig in the barn. Can't get my rh down below 80-90. May have to trim them and cut them down to size so they fit in the storage vault (a small apartment frig...lol) in the basement. Temps out there are also a problem, too low, 50-60.

And to add insult to injury, we were in the 40's last night with a record low in the 30's tomorrow morning. Soooo, there goes that crop. Glad I had an early gurl. They are suppose to be a hardy plant for the northeast climate so we're about to find out.

Speaking of EB....LOL. Took a pic this morning when I went out to the barn to check in on her. Humidity is still high, in the 90's. So trimming this week and putting in the basement vault.

IMG_130546.JPG

IMG_130641.JPG

Got them drying out in the frig in the barn. Can't get my rh down below 80-90. May have to trim them and cut them down to size so they fit in the storage vault (a small apartment frig...lol) in the basement. Temps out there are also a problem, too low, 50-60.

There are some people that swear by the slow and low dry and cure method. They run with temps down in the 45 range and dry and cure for 2 months in that type of temp/environment. Supposedly produces some amazing smelling and smoking buds. Here is a link that talks about it if you are at all interested in exploring an alternative way of drying and curing.

DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

There are some people that swear by the slow and low dry and cure method. They run with temps down in the 45 range and dry and cure for 2 months in that type of temp/environment. Supposedly produces some amazing smelling and smoking buds. Here is a link that talks about it if you are at all interested in exploring an alternative way of drying and curing.

DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

What's up Van...

Yea, I just checked them out. Didn't start in the beginning because it looked like it was a trial and error way of doing it. In the end they narrowed it down but still too time consuming for me. I have a nine to five and a family. Don't have that kind of time to dedicate. I give props to those that do have the time but it's not for me. The one thing I do agree on is separating the buds down to small nuggets instead of a big one. For obvious reasons, the density is less therefore the drying shouldn't take as long. Not gonna try that on this go round either but may give it a try next chop. Drying is time consuming but must not be rushed.

So, as a side note. I did check in on the drying and I've found that I can get my ranges within something that is acceptable if I leave the door open during the day. I also went out and got some hand warmers to see what that will do. Don't leave the fan leafs on. That is the cause of the high humidity. They were still moist from the wash.

In the mean time, I'm trimming. Usually I would save the sugar leafs for some bubble hash but may for go it this time. Got half of them trimmed and will finish tomorrow and take some picks. I did trim that top cola and it looks good.

yeah brother, you gotta do what works best for you. I certainly understand the job and family aspect of thing. Not everyone can revolve their life around their grow hobby. As long as you are growing quality bud, thats all that counts. There are probably a thousand different methods to dry one's bud.

yeah brother, you gotta do what works best for you. I certainly understand the job and family aspect of thing. Not everyone can revolve their life around their grow hobby. As long as you are growing quality bud, thats all that counts. There are probably a thousand different methods to dry one's bud.

Don't get me wrong. It sounds like a good way of drying. In fact, since I can't get my temps and rh within range I could see the benefit of working around the low temps and high rh. I'll just tend to them more frequently until the weather gets back to normal. Today it's cloudy, rain (all day) and cold in the mid 50's. Haven't even ventured out to the back forty to check on the others.

But I did, spend some time in the barn this morning trimming.

IMG_131052.JPG

IMG_131144.JPG

The main cola is about 11" and tapers from 2" at the top to 3" at the bottom.

The weight won't be anything to brag about but the quality will be up there. I think I chopped at about 15-20% amber. Works for me...LOL. I'm satisfied.

check out a dehumidifier, Reading Rick Simpsons website & he stated he used a screen over a dehumidifier and was able to

properly dry fresh bud in 36 hrs. I'm getting one as soon as the Queen opens those purse strings. Good gro bro. thanks for
bird.png

Back
Top Bottom