Sisco's Outdoors Grow

Hello everyone out in 420 Land

This will be my second outdoor journal, the first was of a single plant that was eaten by slugs.

This will be a multiple site grow with multiple plants...

I have been scoping out three very nice locations, all are away from schools and public trails so they don't set off any alarms.

I can't take pics. for a while because my camera is at a friends house.. I'll be visiting him after he and his wife have their 4th baby.. very soon.
So the material used for starting the seeds will be Jiffy starter soil, then transfered to my Newspaper pots filled with Hyponex soil from Ace it the place.

I have about 20 or so seeds in paper towel and ontop of the cable box.

I'll be going to two of my spots tonight to till and add some gardening Lime to the soil..

I'm off! and Have a great day!

Ahh, the great outdoors. We'll have to see who ends up with bigger plants this year. Lol. I got the jump on you because mine are already a foot and a half tall. Im transplanting outside on the first. I've got two in 5 gal buckets im bringing in and out of the house to flower. I'm hoping to have some outdoor smoke by the 4th of july. Get a taste of my new strain. Good luck on the grow. Might want to look into some pest control for the slugs. Later, Sisco.

Very nice sisco, Im starting an outdoor grow soon myself prepping the site friday. Gonna be 2 plants this year... Ill have to start researching outdoor growing techniques.

Later

Thanks CocoJoe, you have any outdoors experience? Gonna need to be walked through this..lol:popcorn:
Ahh, the great outdoors. We'll have to see who ends up with bigger plants this year. Lol. I got the jump on you because mine are already a foot and a half tall. Im transplanting outside on the first. I've got two in 5 gal buckets im bringing in and out of the house to flower. I'm hoping to have some outdoor smoke by the 4th of july. Get a taste of my new strain. Good luck on the grow. Might want to look into some pest control for the slugs. Later, Sisco.

Bud, you cheatin... lol I couldn't start any seeds till now cause I didn't have the room, but I'll be removing tomato plants to the outdoors in a couple weeks.

I have some ideas that I'm going to put in da' works..

Like cooper wire for around the stalk area, it keeps slugs from crawling up the plant.

I also have a twelve pack of busch beer.. not for drinking, I am leaving 4 cans at each spot to attract them.

The other is a mixture of soap, garlic, mineral oil and crushed red peppers.. I'll be spraying the foliar and ground with.

I also will be using some pretty heavy fishing line to keep the deer out.

I have water source at these locations, but may take some mixed nutes with me for quick in and out.

Lets just hope this year is not a repeat of last summer.. too much rain and cold.;)
Very nice sisco, Im starting an outdoor grow soon myself prepping the site friday. Gonna be 2 plants this year... Ill have to start researching outdoor growing techniques.

Later

Cool! I'll be posted my friend.:goodluck:
HAPPY 4/20! TO ALL YOU GREAT PEOPLE!

I did go to 3 spots last night and did some prep work on the soil, added some Epsoma Garden Lime...

The soil around here is pretty clayed the freak up, but I will be hauling some soil and perlite to these locations and dig about a 5 gallon bucket size hole for each plant..

I'm hoping to get at least 9 female plants!

HAPPY 4/20! TO ALL YOU GREAT PEOPLE!

I did go to 3 spots last night and did some prep work on the soil, added some Epsoma Garden Lime...

The soil around here is pretty clayed the freak up, but I will be hauling some soil and perlite to these locations and dig about a 5 gallon bucket size hole for each plant..

I'm hoping to get at least 9 female plants!

Sounds like you thought this one out. I tried fishing line for deer control but they came anyway. I ended up buying a roll of gaucho wire (hard core barbed wire) and that put a halt to the deer. You've got a guerilla grow going so that probably isn't the best option for you. I've got a feeling you're going to get some weight this year. The way the winter went around here, I'm thinking it's going to be a hot summer. Later, Bro.

I also have some ridiculous clay soil in my parts. I figured out a pretty hot setup for amending the not so great soil. I'm taking 6 gallons worth of the original clay soil, mixing it with sand, coco coir, manure and perlite and filling my holes with it. The coco coir might be a good option for you because you can buy a brick of it for about 8 bucks and it's easy to transport. If you're not familiar with it, it's shredded coconut dust and husk pressed into a brick. A decent sized brick is about 1 ft by 1 ft and weighs ten pounds. Once you take it to your spot, dump several gallons of water and it expands back out to 3 cubic feet worth of coconut husk. Makes the clay soil have some excellent drainage. Beats the hell out of lugging around 40lbs of medium.

I also have some ridiculous clay soil in my parts. I figured out a pretty hot setup for amending the not so great soil. I'm taking 6 gallons worth of the original clay soil, mixing it with sand, coco coir, manure and perlite and filling my holes with it. The coco coir might be a good option for you because you can buy a brick of it for about 8 bucks and it's easy to transport. If you're not familiar with it, it's shredded coconut dust and husk pressed into a brick. A decent sized brick is about 1 ft by 1 ft and weighs ten pounds. Once you take it to your spot, dump several gallons of water and it expands back out to 3 cubic feet worth of coconut husk. Makes the clay soil have some excellent drainage. Beats the hell out of lugging around 40lbs of medium.

I will look around but pretty sure I havn't seen the coco coir around here, thanks for the info though.

I was thinking of using some of the soil there and mine with some Perlite and that's it. Hope it works..

Thanks for dropping in Bud~!

OK! I pulled a Sisco...again.

EDIT: starting seeds inside not gonna happen, long story in a few words

Was denied because of the amount...

So, after reading on Outdoor Growing Tutorial I knew I still could pull it off.

Then I grabbed my soil, water, plants, seeds, shovel, pick and took off.

I realized when I got to the first site that I had put the germed seeds that were in paper inside a zip loc bag, back right pocket!

I hoped they were OK, but I saw they had lost the shell on the ones that had long tap roots..

Yup, I cussed at myself and all. So I didn't dig a hole for each plant, like I had planned I just made a couple rows and covered them, watered and left them to the Ganja Goddess.

I also put my two JF plants out so they can do their thing..

If the seeds don't do it hopefully Evergreen and Joy give me some love.

The ganja goddess will make it happen. Glad to hear you're not discouraged. Last year I got a little ambitious and started 35-40 seedlings in jiffy pucks sitting on a dinner plate. About 90 percent of them germed and I was obviously excited. I had a small fan blowing on them. I must have bumped the fan and knocked it over. I didn't have time to react and all my seedlings got fed to the fan blades. As you can imagine, there was some cussing going on that day. Lol. Every mistake is a learning experience. With all the mistakes I make I should be a master grower in about 5 minutes. Later, Sisco.

The ganja goddess will make it happen. Glad to hear you're not discouraged. Last year I got a little ambitious and started 35-40 seedlings in jiffy pucks sitting on a dinner plate. About 90 percent of them germed and I was obviously excited. I had a small fan blowing on them. I must have bumped the fan and knocked it over. I didn't have time to react and all my seedlings got fed to the fan blades. As you can imagine, there was some cussing going on that day. Lol. Every mistake is a learning experience. With all the mistakes I make I should be a master grower in about 5 minutes. Later, Sisco.

Shit, I thought farting on my seeds was bad.. but a crew cut with the GE Oscillator will do anything IN.. lol

Thanks for that man, I'll be getting my camera back this weekend and I'll be posting pics soon after that..

Camera is back in my hands... It's been too long.

Looks like were gonna be getting lucky with at least a couple rain days this week and more coming behind it..

I'll go back to check on everything if I get a chance soon.

I did go yesterday (still had no camera) and the spot that seeds were put was dry.. so I watered them.

I also noticed that a varmint was digging around the roots of both my plants! I put soil back in, packed it and watered.

The temps have stayed above 40 at night.

What's crackin kid! Just found your journal and I'll be popping in from time to time if ya don't mind. I would love to do an outdoor grow myself.
:goodluck:

Hey it's the Pres,

How ya doing buddy? I am afraid that I may have lost my girls last night or the night before, had two days with temps just above 32F. I couldn't go see them cause its been rainy and windy the last few nights.

I need it to dry up for a couple days so I don't leave a muddy trail.

Thanks again for dropping in.

Good luck, buddy. I wish I could grow outdoors.
Me 2:cool:
Hopefully they will be okay. I haven't had any in frost but I've read stories about small plants getting snowed on and after the snow melted later in the day they were ready to roll. I hope all is well. I'll be praying to the ganja goddess for you, bro.

Thanks Bud, looks like tonights temps are 35F again.. damn it I put them out a couple weeks too early.

ho-hum:geek:

I am afraid that I may have lost my girls last night or the night before, had two days with temps just above 32F. I couldn't go see them cause its been rainy and windy the last few nights.

I need it to dry up for a couple days so I don't leave a muddy trail.

I know the anticipation would be killing me but best to play it safe. Hoping all is well for ya bud.

Back
Top Bottom