First Grow - Bag Seeds - Germinated July 27 2015

Looking at her pictures today, go to my journal and look at any of my trichome shots or close-ups. IMHO Jim, you have about two weeks before you should be talking about a flush. She's probably capable of going past day 120. Her pistils haven't begun to really fade and you aren't going to believe how much frostiness she can give you.

One of the most difficult things to do is wait on that first harvest. Invariably you're running out of whatever you had and that's a worthy consideration. You have better growing in the tent, so you can afford to take this one early and stay out of the street market. There you go, I just talked myself into saying she's a good candidate for an earlier than optimal harvest. :laughtwo:

Haha! You're funny MJ. We all get eager our first harvest and chop too soon! You won't be disappointed if you wait longer though..

I resisted the urge to chop my first early. You must be patient Jim, she will reward you for it. I would guesstimate minimum 4 weeks yet. :thumb:

Looking at her pictures today, go to my journal and look at any of my trichome shots or close-ups. IMHO Jim, you have about two weeks before you should be talking about a flush. She's probably capable of going past day 120. Her pistils haven't begun to really fade and you aren't going to believe how much frostiness she can give you.

One of the most difficult things to do is wait on that first harvest. Invariably you're running out of whatever you had and that's a worthy consideration. You have better growing in the tent, so you can afford to take this one early and stay out of the street market. There you go, I just talked myself into saying she's a good candidate for an earlier than optimal harvest. :laughtwo:

It's settled then. We shall harvest when she's ready....possibly one cola at a time.

Mary - Day 101
12/12 Started 10/3/2015

Thanks to all who follow along and for any comments. You are all so helpful and that's what it's all about. Serve others and treat them well.

Mary received her fluids yesterday. 1 Tsp Bloom, 1 Tsp Molasses, 2.5 ml Overdrive / gal pH 6.7 . Nutes and Overdrive is somewhere around 1/2 strength here. I saw one of those little fungus gnats. I'm just not going to worry about a gnat.

IMG_187217.JPG
IMG_187319.JPG
IMG_18748.JPG
IMG_187514.JPG
IMG_187613.JPG
IMG_187710.JPG

Mary - Day 102
12/12 Started 10/3/2015

Welcome MrMiracleGro and :thanks: to all of you for support. As a new grower the encouragement really helps. I guess you know that though.

I'm always amazed that she looks so fresh early in the morning.

The best bud shot I can offer today:

We had 2 1/2 inches of rain and it has made it difficult controlling humidity. I have a dehumidifier running in the center of the house.

Is Mother Nature trying to flood you out Jim? Geez, it all got dumped on you. By the time it reached here it was light and gentle, though non-stop for a good part of the day.

Her buds are looking luscious. What's she smell like these days?

Is Mother Nature trying to flood you out Jim? Geez, it all got dumped on you. By the time it reached here it was light and gentle, though non-stop for a good part of the day.

Her buds are looking luscious. What's she smell like these days?

I try my best to get the scent. It's not over-powering. When I first put them in the cabinet I detected some lemon but now it's just blah weed.

That's an interesting descriptor. "Blah weed". What we all aspire to. :laughtwo:

Mary - Day 102
12/12 Started 10/3/2015

Mary is just chugging along...I think. I really didn't look at her with the loupe, just took my pictures and gave her some fluids.

Nutes today were 1 TSP Bloom, 7 ml Overdrive and 1 TSP Molasses / 1 gal. pH 6.5. I'm really flying by the seat of my pants here - just keep pressing the nute button I guess.

IMG_190120.JPG

Popcorn buds underneath the canopy

IMG_190419.JPG

Continuing to frost up. Do I dare touch them to see if they're all sticky

IMG_190514.JPG
IMG_190618.JPG
IMG_190216.JPG

RESIST THE URGE TO SMOKE HER :Namaste:

It will be worth the wait.

It's worth taking into consideration that there's better genetics growing in the tent, not that far behind her, he's running out of supply and doesn't want to dabble in the street market anymore and fresh is potent and stoney, though potentially a bit harsh in the beginning.

Jim, with your low consumption rate you should be able to enjoy her from two days after the time you take her down and still be able to set some aside for a longer cure to let yourself get her full potential. My first harvest I made sure part of it cured for a full three months and it was grand. But I smoked the rest of it starting with the night of harvest. The idea is freedom from the black market. Isn't that your primary impetus?

They are swelling up!! Nice one Jim!!

Thanks WS...She's really turned out to be more than I expected actually.

RESIST THE URGE TO SMOKE HER :Namaste:

It will be worth the wait.

I know .... I know. I'll hold off as long as possible.

This guy knows^^^

Ahhhh, a man with a reputation!

It's worth taking into consideration that there's better genetics growing in the tent, not that far behind her, he's running out of supply and doesn't want to dabble in the street market anymore and fresh is potent and stoney, though potentially a bit harsh in the beginning.

Jim, with your low consumption rate you should be able to enjoy her from two days after the time you take her down and still be able to set some aside for a longer cure to let yourself get her full potential. My first harvest I made sure part of it cured for a full three months and it was grand. But I smoked the rest of it starting with the night of harvest. The idea is freedom from the black market. Isn't that your primary impetus?

Yep....I like my freedom. And it is good that I get high on very little amounts of herb. I have two small hard buds left in my pan. When that's gone, poor Mary will be in the spotlight. There are all these cute little buds growing under her skirt. The voyeur in me is now exposed. It's all about being flexible.

But right now, I'm high. I'm happy and wish you all the very best that life has to offer. :thanks::green_heart:

Mary - Day 104
12/12 Started 10/3/2015

Mary is still putting on the pistils. Does everyone remember their first grow? That's why this journal exists for me. Gonna look closely at trichomes today. In any event, in this next stage of her life, she will get straight water. Last nutes were provided 2 days ago.

IMG_194517.JPG
IMG_193621.JPG
IMG_194014.JPG
IMG_193922.JPG
IMG_193824.JPG
IMG_194218.JPG

I may start a riot with this, but, here are my thoughts on harvest. Yeah, the trichomes tell a very good picture of what's going on. For me, growing is the hobby. For momma, it's about the medicine. Listen to your plant and she'll tell you when she's ready. You will see her stop growing/swelling and this is when I cut. Its a must you cut one too early. Coincidentally, you need to let one go too long too. Just a suggestion, but I recommend you use this plant to learn. Predetermine (just to take emotion out of it) a multi harvest schedule and follow it. Maybe one week, 2 weeks, 4 weeks, and 6 weeks from today. If you want really good product, it's about harvest, drying and curing. Let's be honest, when you smoke your first harvest, you're going to be tickled pink. You could speed dry the roots in the oven, grind em, roll em, and you'd love them!

You're doing a helluva job MJ... Keep having fun!

They look amazing1 Keep up the good work. To me harvest time is exactly what SPITZ said. Let the plant tell you, get on her frequency and she will whisper into your ears. "Smoooooke meeeeeee" lol

Back
Top Bottom