Antags First Attempt CFL Grow

Ladies and gents 74 days from seed
here are my ladies sorry for the black out just don't need the worl to figure out where I am
20130907_083255.jpg

my temp gauge is saying im dropping down to 73 at night and at the hottest point 82 they all look good
what do you guys think oh and humidity 58-62%
:peace:

Yeah, you're a ways out from harvest. This is how I harvest, trim, and dry; I cut the branches off in the largest configuration that I can......and manage the trimming on also. I try to keep em in as big of pieces as I can.........it makes moving it a round a lot easier, and also helps keep track of different strains if that's the situation. If I'm just trimming a coupla plants I do the finish trim initially.......I cut em just like I would want to see em in a bag I was buying. If I'm doing a larger amount.....and usually have assistance for a larger harvest.....we do a quicker trim........we have to get a trimming pretty quickly or we will be there forever. I will perform a final manicure myself before packaging.....curing......jars, or gallon ziplocs. I just hang it upside down in whatever configuration it is....... The drying is a little tricky, and everyone does it differently. I have a place that has a good bit of moisture in the air...........I like to jar it at around 60% rH. So, if my area I'm drying in has an ambient rH of say only 50%, I have to watch it and catch it when I think it's close to my 60%. If my area is holding at around 60%, the buds will only equalize to the ambient rH, like a humidor.....and I pay more attention to the rH of the air than I do the bud.....I know what it ill take to get it where I want it....timewise. When they are almost as dry as I want them, I put em in paper grocery sacks, I turn em often......for finish drying and shaping, then into the jars....open the jars once a day til the weed is exactly like you would want it to be if you were gong to buy it for yourself. Seal the jars and the curing continues. Open em now and again, a little air, and a chance for you to embrace smells that are so lovely you won't believe it's possible! This is all just for reference, you will find ways that are suited to your style, environment and personal tastes. Cure it as long as you like, I enjoy it in all stages of the cure............

I just read about freezer drying. I guess this is an old school trick with some controversy. But from what I understand you let the bud dry regularly for a couple days so that the outside is crunchy, then put them whole into a humidity free freezer like the ones ontop or below newish fridges. A week or so and they are perfect. Defrost and straight to jars.I'll be tying this method with a couple buds this round.

I havnt seen any more verticle growth in about 2 weeks and havnt seen any size in bud growth in about a week
in your opinions based on my pics how much longer before I should flush I know there is more growing time but how long approx.?

Hey antag, what I've noticed is that quite often the buds will grow in spurts.....this is just an observation I've made in my setup. They sort of stall......then grow like crazy. I've noticed also that they will put out pistils.....those pistils will appear to be turning color.........and the plants almost look like they're done, then a second and final set of pistils will appear and then the rapid bud growth will begin. While they all have done it for me....this may be attributed to my unique grow environment or my methods. My plants are over 7 weeks in flower and I can tell you they could go another month.....read your plants and be prepared to act according to the indications you observe. A good sign of maturity.....or coming maturity....is the swelling of the calyx.........it's the final stage....along with trichs maturing.

Hey antag, what I've noticed is that quite often the buds will grow in spurts.....this is just an observation I've made in my setup. They sort of stall......then grow like crazy. I've noticed also that they will put out pistils.....those pistils will appear to be turning color.........and the plants almost look like they're done, then a second and final set of pistils will appear and then the rapid bud growth will begin. While they all have done it for me....this may be attributed to my unique grow environment or my methods. My plants are over 7 weeks in flower and I can tell you they could go another month.....read your plants and be prepared to act according to the indications you observe. A good sign of maturity.....or coming maturity....is the swelling of the calyx.........it's the final stage....along with trichs maturing.

Ok sounds good the calyx are about 3X bigger then they were when flowering started and how do I tell the trichs are mature is that what I need the jewlers circle for?

yea the jewelers loup will help you see the trichs i think its supposed to be at least 60x magnification, check your local grow store they might actually have them

it depends on the strain, some say that sativas dont get amber trichs but i cant say for sure, maybe they have a some more flowering time until they are fully mature

Back
Top Bottom