Antags First Attempt CFL Grow

nice grow man i had an outdoor grow 10 plants 7 males 2 not showing sex and a 2 inch tall plant 4 months old wont grow has 2 pistils sticking out so i brought it inside put it under 3-27w 6500k and 2-26w 2700k 24 hours of light to see if it grows

kk so just a real fast update I gave the gurls a feeding 2 days ago 1/4 dose like recommended by King the gurls grew 2 inches in 2 days
incredible im going to switch to 12/12 a lot sooner than expected if they keep growing like this. oh and the holes at the bottom of the pots are still wet which is not normal as they are usually getting dry 2 days after water/feeding.
ill post some new pics soon

buddy of mine brought me sorry looking lady I really don't know if theres hope but I am going to try. I wasn't thinking or I would have taken pic while she was in the little 4 inch pot and still full of her brown leaves
20130819_132309.jpg

these are the leaves I trimmed
20130819_132335.jpg

this id how she looks now
I have her in a 12 L pot fresh soil and gave here watertill it was running out the bottom her roots were basically all that was in the little pot and he had fed her full strength MG
pic of my cfl grow comin tomorrow
thoughts?

buddy of mine brought me sorry looking lady I really don't know if theres hope but I am going to try. I wasn't thinking or I would have taken pic while she was in the little 4 inch pot and still full of her brown leaves
20130819_132309.jpg

these are the leaves I trimmed
20130819_132335.jpg

this id how she looks now
I have her in a 12 L pot fresh soil and gave here watertill it was running out the bottom her roots were basically all that was in the little pot and he had fed her full strength MG
pic of my cfl grow comin tomorrow
thoughts?

Caught up and subd! Antag, you have a robust strain! Hang on to that! They do appear to be indica dominant, and you are doing a great job! I top at the third or fourth node, then at the next node that comes off the two new branches. It's kind of a matter of preference, but I know exactly what I end up with when I use this method. What I seek to do is to replicate the positive aspects of my previous experiences, and try to improve on the negative ones with varying techniques. You are doing very well! That plant will grow, it just needs some love!

Caught up and subd! Antag, you have a robust strain! Hang on to that! They do appear to be indica dominant, and you are doing a great job! I top at the third or fourth node, then at the next node that comes off the two new branches. It's kind of a matter of preference, but I know exactly what I end up with when I use this method. What I seek to do is to replicate the positive aspects of my previous experiences, and try to improve on the negative ones with varying techniques. You are doing very well! That plant will grow, it just needs some love!

:Namaste: Mcloadie, looking into cloning atm I love the smell of this plant dank and earthy and a lil fruity at the same time, any suggestion on cloning would be appreciated.

:Namaste: Mcloadie, looking into cloning atm I love the smell of this plant dank and earthy and a lil fruity at the same time, any suggestion on cloning would be appreciated.

I take either two or four clones from a seed grown plant like yours, I take the bottom two or four branches....and I wait til they're like 5" long. There are a lot of ideas on cloning, sometimes referred to as rooting cuttings. There are a coupla rules that I follow, and have great success. First, when you take the cut....get it in water immediately, some folks say that it's not that important...IDK, but I have a 100% survival rate with clones or cuts...same thing! Another thing I ALWAYS do is to let them root for a week in high humidity...and mist them when I see no moisture in the dome. If you use an aerocloner, there are a few more details, but the same rules apply. You can use soil...root cubes.....those little fat pot thingys that you water and they expand....that doesn't matter......cut to water quickly....moist soil and dome for the first week., 1 week out of dome....and they're rooted. One thing you can do is to make a couple extra cuts...and you can pull them apart and look at the development at a coupla different times and stages....it's fun and it will give you insight into understanding what goes on in the process.

Any gels or powder or just water?

You can use any suitable cloning liquid or gel...for cloning in soil. Another little bit of advice; whenever you buy any nutrient or chemical or anything that COULD go bad...you know...get old, Try to shop at a place that has high volume turnover of products, your chance of getting fresher products is higher. I would hate for you to do everything correctly....and end up with an expired cloning hormone and sit there after it's over scratching your head! I always get the freshest, highest quality products I can afford, there is a lot of snake oil out there....but on the contrary, there are some really good products too! I recently documented how I replicate with an aerocloner, and in mcloadies second grow journal I rooted some cuttings in a very primitive manner too instill confidence with folks who were attempting it for the first time...........It WILL work, they WILL grow! You want to get all set up to do the whole process fluidly....take the cut.....straight into the hormone.......right into the soil, and water it in....then into the moisture rich environment. I had a dozen cuts I took............well, I stood next to someone who did the process as an exercise.......every one of them died........they weren't healthy enough from the plant and ran out of energy before they rooted. My protégé was discouraged.......we went right back and did a dozen more.....and every one lived....never give up, this sport is full of successes and failures...it all depends on how you view your progress...it IS ALL progress!

HELLLLLooooooo
hey everyone just got back from the hydro store this is what I picked up
20130820_171048.jpg

not sure how to use those disk thingies but im sure someone here can help me out
of course not cloning till I see some sex..... my wife says that will be a long time.
anywho this is what my 4 ladies look like here 26 days in they are 14 inches from soil to highest leaf tip.
the toped on is around 12 inches. waterd yesterday and the soil in the holes at the bottom already feel dry so I thinkim going to give them a feeding tommorowwith a 1/2 rec dose of nutes just the micro and grow.
here they are
20130820_101521.jpg

prolly cant see the two in the rear very well but that's the 4 of them
20130820_101717.jpg

looks like female preflowers to me could be wrong will keep eye on them
20130820_101453.jpg

this is the under canopy or undercarriage as some call it.
im down to my last 1/2/1/4 of the Bag I got these seeds out of andhoping I don't run out of meds before these new ones give me some.

well that's it for now
comments advice and ridicule all welcome
:peace:

This is one of my first posts so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Those honestly look great for 26 days. One thing I don't remember you mentioning is if you are making sure the PH of your water is ~6.5. I can't begin to tell you how many problems I had growing container plants in general until I finally bit the bullet and got a $70 ecotester. Something worth mentioning now that you should start feeding nutes which will throw off the ph depending on what brand you're using.

Just want to see you succeed and not go through the frustration I did when first starting but looking at your grow so far it looks great. Good luck with the cloning too. I've tried half-heartily once and failed so if you succeed I'd like to know what you did

This is one of my first posts so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Those honestly look great for 26 days. One thing I don't remember you mentioning is if you are making sure the PH of your water is ~6.5. I can't begin to tell you how many problems I had growing container plants in general until I finally bit the bullet and got a $70 ecotester. Something worth mentioning now that you should start feeding nutes which will throw off the ph depending on what brand you're using.

Just want to see you succeed and not go through the frustration I did when first starting but looking at your grow so far it looks great. Good luck with the cloning too. I've tried half-heartily once and failed so if you succeed I'd like to know what you did

:Namaste: mickey
thank you im surprised there doing as well as they are myself but the people here are great and super helpful
yes I have been checking ph and im sitting at 6.4 and dosnt move I figured close enough.
As for cloning ill let you know how it goes prolly in this journal
im using general hydroponics micro as my base and adding there grow to it at 1/2 recommended strength atm
when they start to bud im going to prolly back off the grow a little and use there bloom.

HELLLLLooooooo
hey everyone just got back from the hydro store this is what I picked up
20130820_171048.jpg

not sure how to use those disk thingies but im sure someone here can help me out
of course not cloning till I see some sex..... my wife says that will be a long time.
anywho this is what my 4 ladies look like here 26 days in they are 14 inches from soil to highest leaf tip.
the toped on is around 12 inches. waterd yesterday and the soil in the holes at the bottom already feel dry so I thinkim going to give them a feeding tommorowwith a 1/2 rec dose of nutes just the micro and grow.
here they are
20130820_101521.jpg

prolly cant see the two in the rear very well but that's the 4 of them
20130820_101717.jpg

looks like female preflowers to me could be wrong will keep eye on them
20130820_101453.jpg

this is the under canopy or undercarriage as some call it.
im down to my last 1/2/1/4 of the Bag I got these seeds out of andhoping I don't run out of meds before these new ones give me some.

well that's it for now
comments advice and ridicule all welcome

PLEASE DON't stop what you're doing!!!!! We all hope to have plants that healthy.............and remember how you got em that healthy!!!! Neet goodies........you're ready to root cuttings. I would put some water in some sort of shallow pan or container and set those root thingy pods in about a half inch of water and they will hydate. If they absorb all the water but aren't completely hydrated...put some more water in til they are. If you have some time, take a look at info about soil and pH.............I wouldn't use it as a factor when determining sex, but female plants tend to have more lower growth than males...IMHO.

PLEASE DON't stop what you're doing!!!!! We all hope to have plants that healthy.............and remember how you got em that healthy!!!! Neet goodies........you're ready to root cuttings. I would put some water in some sort of shallow pan or container and set those root thingy pods in about a half inch of water and they will hydate. If they absorb all the water but aren't completely hydrated...put some more water in til they are. If you have some time, take a look at info about soil and pH.............I wouldn't use it as a factor when determining sex, but female plants tend to have more lower growth than males...IMHO.

:thanks: I honestly don't do much to get them heathly I water when they need it I feed in after they are doing well I use my own blended soil. I test for ph in my water before and after mixing my nutes and they are usually around 6.4-6.6 I also test run off water that has always been 6.4. I turn my plant a 1/4 turn every moring and usually just leave them be and let the music keep them company
im going to take some new pics today as when I peeked on them this morning to turn them I thought I saw some defined girl parts so when lights come on ill check

the jiffy pellets you have you get a small bowl and fill with about 4-5 inches of pH adjusted water and let them expand, give them a squeeze or shake to get some of the excessive water out and put them in your dome, you want just enough 1/4" water to cover the bottom of the tray and provide moisture to the jiffy pellets, take at least a 4 inch cutting and insert them into the expanded jiffy pellets making sure they reach to the bottom of the jiffy pellets and give the jiffy pellets a squeeze to secure the jiffy pellets around the stems. when you take your cutting have a glass of pH adjusted water to quickly place the cutting into so air does not enter the stems before you place them in the jiffy pellets.

Back
Top Bottom