New and need a little assistance

bthunder

420 Member
Hello! I have just started growing with hydroponics. I started from some seed I got from a friend and I don't know what strain it is, but looks like indica based on the fan leaves.

Since this is my first grow (two plants) I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the sex of these are? I have read a little about pre flowers but I'm afraid I just don't know enough. I have had them growing for 5 weeks now and they are 1ft tall and healthy as can be. I'm thinking of switching to a 12/12 light to start flowering in about a week because my grow box is not that big. Hoping the community here says females :)

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    460.5 KB · Views: 140
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    342.1 KB · Views: 138
Welcome to :420:, I'm sending you good vibes for girls!
Looking forward to reading your journal.
Cheers!

Wick :morenutes:

If yer gunna flip...flip

Usually pretty hard to see sex in veg

Flip em and u will know in 2 weeks
I never flip until they show sex. That way I don't re-pot males. Once they show sex, I re-pot and top. I give them a couple of weeks more in veg for new root growth, and then put into bloom. It takes longer, but I hate wasting time/money on males.

I never flip until they show sex. That way I don't re-pot males. Once they show sex, I re-pot and top. I give them a couple of weeks more in veg for new root growth, and then put into bloom. It takes longer, but I hate wasting time/money on males.
I can't veg that long...lol..I'm always Strain testing or pheno hunting

Flip em, and ya know 100% what they are

Thanks for the replies! Im thinking of taking some clones then flipping to bloom. That way if they are female I don’t have to worry about it after this try. Would taking clones at this stage be too rough on them?

Hello! I have just started growing with hydroponics. I started from some seed I got from a friend and I don't know what strain it is, but looks like indica based on the fan leaves.

Since this is my first grow (two plants) I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the sex of these are? I have read a little about pre flowers but I'm afraid I just don't know enough. I have had them growing for 5 weeks now and they are 1ft tall and healthy as can be. I'm thinking of switching to a 12/12 light to start flowering in about a week because my grow box is not that big. Hoping the community here says females :)

Hey bthunder

It's really hard to tell the sex in the veg stage. My advice would be to wait for 2 more week and then start flowering.

Welcome.

Thanks for the replies! Im thinking of taking some clones then flipping to bloom. That way if they are female I don’t have to worry about it after this try. Would taking clones at this stage be too rough on them?

If you do that label them so you know what plant they came from

Could always just buy fem seeds lol.

Back
Top Bottom