New here - First grow and $8,000 budget

dmoney101

This is my very first grow I have a $8,000 budget and a grow area of 12x14 (11 feet height) also the place has central AC. There is also a closet 6x9 that I will be utilizing for the clones. I plan to go with 6x1000 watt air cooled lights believe me i'm not cutting any corners on equipment i'm growing in dirt (fox farm organic) in 5 gallon smart bags. There are no houses close to me but I am still going to filter the air both coming in from the AC and the exhaust. I haven't bought the seeds yet but I do have over half of the supplies already I was planning on starting with 8 ball kush, skunk #1, Jack herer as these strains is said to be good for beginners I was also planning on growing some auto flowering plants super lemon haze & purple kush in total i'm looking to spend about $600 on seeds (feminized) I am located outside the US security is not an issue plus the power guy for the area is my cousin lol so my power usage is whatever he says it is I am going to set up another room with the exact measurements once I get a couple grows under my belt. Basically I tried to cover all basis and cut no corners I also installed a water filter system and the environment will be completely sealed there will be a ceiling fan along with a few other to ensure proper air circulation. With all that being said this is my first grow so I would like to know if this seems like a successful plan or is there anything that a experience grower suggest that I should change or implement money is not a factor at the moment so I can throw in another $1,000 if need be I just want to give my self the best chance of success

The best advice I've ever had as a new grower is "keep it simple on your first grow".. The grow room sounds fantastic and you seem to have your bases covered. Save your extra money because you will end up needing things you may have over looked just like most new growers do.

My biggest concern is your electrical which wasn't mentioned . You definetly need a electrician to hook up a breaker box for your grow room. 6 Lights plus fans plus any other electrical equipment is probably over 60amps. Plugging all this into the wall sounds like a fire waiting to happen.

Things you might end up needing. Fans, stakes, nets, drip pans, timers, extension cords, bungie cords, ducting, clamps, intake filters, thermometers, light hangers, extra bulbs, temp controls, humidity controls, measuring tools, extra nutrients, pest control and prevention, light proofing, ph testing tools, humidity domes, veg lights and bloom lights, more soil, more pots, scissors, tweezers, razors, flash lights, watering tools and some where to dry this crop. I'm sure ther is a ton more I could mention ..

If you want to "go for it", I'd go with a separate mini-split just for the grow room since its requirements will be vastly different than the rest of the building. I'd also recommend an environmental controller with humidifier/dehumidifier and CO2 burner. Go with 220V circuits. Start with one light and dial in your grows. Look into the Gavita DE lights. I didn't see any mention of nute's.

:welcome:

Sounds like a nice start. Hope to see a journal from you, and to see you around in others too.

Don't get too bogged down with too many strains. They'll need slightly different feeding schedules/recipes, light heights etc. It can become a pain.

:thumb:

:peace:

Agreed. Last winter I grew some indicas and some sativas at the same time. Mistake! Some plants were 18" while others were 5'.

The best advice I've ever had as a new grower is "keep it simple on your first grow".. The grow room sounds fantastic and you seem to have your bases covered. Save your extra money because you will end up needing things you may have over looked just like most new growers do.

My biggest concern is your electrical which wasn't mentioned . You definetly need a electrician to hook up a breaker box for your grow room. 6 Lights plus fans plus any other electrical equipment is probably over 60amps. Plugging all this into the wall sounds like a fire waiting to happen.

Things you might end up needing. Fans, stakes, nets, drip pans, timers, extension cords, bungie cords, ducting, clamps, intake filters, thermometers, light hangers, extra bulbs, temp controls, humidity controls, measuring tools, extra nutrients, pest control and prevention, light proofing, ph testing tools, humidity domes, veg lights and bloom lights, more soil, more pots, scissors, tweezers, razors, flash lights, watering tools and some where to dry this crop. I'm sure ther is a ton more I could mention ..

Yes I do have an electrician coming in thinking the work is for a home studio and I have done plenty of research I am basically ordering every single possible thing including grow books, electrical tools, security film for all the windows and even a camera system so i can see what's going on around me at all times just to be on the safe side

Thanks yes I did think about a mini split but I was simply going to allow the grow room to dictate the usage of the central ac basically the girls are more important lol I ordered a environmental controller as well as a humidifier and dehumidifier but I did not get a CO2 burner I didn't think I needed one

Back
Top Bottom