Beginner amateur grower

Mowax

Hello! First of all, thank you for being a new member. I'm an absolute beginner. I started building a box from a 50x50x140 freezer. šŸ˜„I would like to micro-grow in this. I am very interested in growing discreetly in a small place. I would be interested in the scrog technique. As far as I know, you can get more out of the flower in such a small space. If anyone is interested, I can show you how the project is doing with a few pictures. I also have quite a few questions, I would need some advice. If there were more experienced colleagues who could talk about the topic, I would be very grateful. Until then, thank you for being here again.

Welcome to 420 @Mowax

A scrog will be difficult in a small space and probably not really worth trying
Suggest you start with simply 'topping' the plant and training branches sideways [LST] to maximise the canopy area, keeping the plant compact and short - it will achieve much the same thing

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Mowax

Will you be growing in soil or water?
If you have images you would like to post, that's cool.

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

Welcome to 420 @Mowax

A scrog will be difficult in a small space and probably not really worth trying
Suggest you start with simply 'topping' the plant and training branches sideways [LST] to maximise the canopy area, keeping the plant compact and short - it will achieve much the same thing
Thanks for the reply and the information. I was wrong then. The scrog technique requires a wide space. Should I use the Lst technique? I don't want to profit from the yield, but I want to get the most out of the flower. I want to grow it in the ground. My actual space is 40x40x100. I can place the lamp 100 cm high. This is the maximum. I am attaching a few pictures of how the box is in case you have any comments or useful advice. I still have to solve the air circulation. And a small humidifier. I would like to heat it with a pipe or a carpet. My light is a viparspectra p600. I welcome any useful advice or criticism. Thanks bro

20230917_145814.jpg

20230917_145825.jpg

Are you going to grow photoperiod or autos?
Either way it will fill that space pretty quickly so just topping an auto in there would be my plan
Topping at node 3 or 4 should give you 6-8 main colas

Choose your strain wisely; you want a fast, short, mostly Indica hybrid I would suggest
Secondly, the bigger the pot the bigger the plant; you can do well in just 3L or 5L pots - that will help to restrict the plant to 50-60cm height
However, I have known people use a tomato grow bag to save the height of the pot itself

I just want to grow autoflowering. 1-2 plants. What do you mean by this sentence? (Topping at node 3 or 4 should give you 6-8 main colas) Sorry for asking, I just don't understand how google translates. I do not speak English. I write with a translator. šŸ˜€

I just want to grow autoflowering. 1-2 plants. What do you mean by this sentence? (Topping at node 3 or 4 should give you 6-8 main colas) Sorry for asking, I just don't understand how google translates. I do not speak English. I write with a translator. šŸ˜€
When the plant is a few weeks old and has 3-4 pairs of leaves, pinch out the tip between the top pair of leaves
Two new tips will grow from there, and at the same time the side branches will grow up to the same height as the top
That makes all the flowering branches approximately the same height so they will all grow big buds instead of just the central top bud

~~

Amikor a nƶvĆ©ny nĆ©hĆ”ny hetes, Ć©s 3-4 pĆ”r levele van, csĆ­pje ki a csĆŗcsot a felső pĆ”r levĆ©l kƶzƶtt

KĆ©t Ćŗj csĆŗcs fog kinőni onnan, Ć©s ezzel egyidejűleg az oldalĆ”gak a tetejĆ©vel megegyező magassĆ”gba nőnek

Ez az ƶsszes virĆ”gzĆ³ Ć”gat megkƶzelĆ­tőleg azonos magassĆ”gĆŗvĆ” teszi, Ć­gy mindegyik nagy rĆ¼gyet nƶveszt a kƶzĆ©pső felső rĆ¼gy helyett

:cool:

ƜdvƶzƶljĆ¼k a 420magazinban :welcome: szĆ©p termőhely Ć©s szĆ©p fĆ©nyvĆ”lasztĆ©k šŸ‘Œ A p1000-et hasznĆ”ltam Ć©s nagyon jĆ³ volt! Ha Ćŗgy dƶntesz, hogy beindĆ­tasz egy naplĆ³t, Ć©n kƶvetnĆ©m šŸ‘

Welcome @Mowax . :welcome:

I grow in a cabinet so have similar issues to what you face. For training, I'm partial to quadlining (link in my sig). For that, it's one topping and then LST to the pot edges and then vertical from there. I grow photo periods so I flip when the height of the plant is about 1/3 to 1/2 the available height in the flower space which for me is quite soon given my small space.

So, you can make it work for sure, but just have to be a bit creative to get there. With autos, you want to make sure they get enough light which generally means running the lights in flower for more than the 12 hours us photo period growers do.

Welcome to 420Mag! Your grow box looks great, good job! If it was my grow box I'd just grow 1 plant at a time, topping is your choice, although I'd just let it grow naturally without topping, Happy growing!

Greetings! Thank you for having me here.
Is it possible to keep a diary? Then I will probably start one. It's also good because I could get a lot of useful advice on plant breeding.
Where can I do it? šŸ˜

ƜdvƶzƶljĆ¼k a 420magazinban :welcome: szĆ©p termőhely Ć©s szĆ©p fĆ©nyvĆ”lasztĆ©k šŸ‘Œ A p1000-et hasznĆ”ltam Ć©s nagyon jĆ³ volt! Ha Ćŗgy dƶntesz, hogy beindĆ­tasz egy naplĆ³t, Ć©n kƶvetn

:welcome: @Mowax

Here's some advice concerning creating a journal - How to Make a Grow Journal

And here's where to do it - Grow Journals

That's some excellent advice you've already been given. With a journal, you'll get help and support all the way. Good luck!

Here's the link, just click post thread at the top then when you get started use @myname in a post then I can follow šŸ‘

ƜdvƶzƶljĆ¼k a 420Mag-ban! JĆ³l nĆ©z ki a termesztődobozod, jĆ³ munkĆ”t! Ha az Ć©n termesztődobozom lenne, egyszerre csak 1 nƶvĆ©nyt nevelnĆ©k, az ƶntetvĆ©ny a te vĆ”lasztĆ”sod, bĆ”r hagynĆ”m, hogy termĆ©szetes Ćŗton nőjƶn feltƶltĆ©s nĆ©lkĆ¼l. Boldog nƶvekedĆ©st!
Thanx

ƜdvƶzƶljĆ¼k @Mowax . :ƜdvƶzƶljĆ¼k:

SzekrĆ©nyben nőttem fel, Ć­gy hasonlĆ³ problĆ©mĆ”im vannak, mint amivel Ɩn szembesĆ¼l. Az edzĆ©shez rĆ©szben quadlinezek (link a sig-ben). Ehhez egy feltƶltĆ©s, majd LST a fazĆ©k szĆ©leiig, majd onnan fĆ¼ggőleges. FĆ©nykĆ©pes periĆ³dusokat termesztek, ezĆ©rt megfordĆ­tom, ha a nƶvĆ©ny magassĆ”ga kƶrĆ¼lbelĆ¼l 1/3-1/2 a virĆ”gtĆ©rben elĆ©rhető magassĆ”gnak, ami szĆ”momra elĆ©g hamar megkapja a kis helyet.

TehĆ”t biztosan sikerĆ¼lhet, de csak egy kicsit kreatĆ­vnak kell lennie, hogy elĆ©rje. Az autĆ³knĆ”l meg kell győződni arrĆ³l, hogy elegendő fĆ©nyt kapnak, ami Ć”ltalĆ”ban azt jelenti, hogy a lĆ”mpĆ”kat tƶbb mint 12 Ć³rĆ”n keresztĆ¼l virĆ”gozzĆ”k, mint a mi, a fotĆ³zĆ”si időszakban.
Thanks for the useful information!

Thanks for the reply and the information. I was wrong then. The scrog technique requires a wide space. Should I use the Lst technique? I don't want to profit from the yield, but I want to get the most out of the flower. I want to grow it in the ground. My actual space is 40x40x100. I can place the lamp 100 cm high. This is the maximum. I am attaching a few pictures of how the box is in case you have any comments or useful advice. I still have to solve the air circulation. And a small humidifier. I would like to heat it with a pipe or a carpet. My light is a viparspectra p600. I welcome any useful advice or criticism. Thanks bro

20230917_145814.jpg

20230917_145825.jpg
I recommend you read @Bill284ā€™s thread on fire šŸ”„ prevention thereā€™s a ton of useful information that every member should read. Happy growing. CLšŸ€. :thumb: :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom