New here

Welcome to the wonderful world of growing!

Feel free to ask if you've got questions for us! :yummy:

We also just launched our brand new grow kit--so you don't have to be a master chemist to get an awesome grow. It's just under 30 bucks. Visit our website if you'd like to check it out :)

Can anyone recommend a small light for seedlings? Just to get them to a stage where I can start hardening them.
Pretty much any of the cheap LED's from China will work, normally $35-$75 on Amazon. Usually advertised as 1000W, they actually draw around 100W. They will work fine for seedlings, you may have to experiment a little on how high above the seedlings to hang them.

Pretty much any of the cheap LED's from China will work, normally $35-$75 on Amazon. Usually advertised as 1000W, they actually draw around 100W. They will work fine for seedlings, you may have to experiment a little on how high above the seedlings to hang them.
Can anyone recommend a small light for seedlings? Just to get them to a stage where I can start hardening them.
Hi Hoodie.

Basicly any CFL or +20W LED bulb works for the seedling phase, about first two weeks. However if possible I'd invest straight away in a decent led that can be used from start to finish.

If you're looking for one from amazon I'd say forget all the amazons burple LEDs. They've the worst coverage and 99% of those are equipped with very old SMD tech. …And the most important part, they're usually sealed boxes so the driver(s) are inside of it and you wont know if the driver is actually UL/CE listed. @Bill284 would probably tell or show you what can happen if you've got no guarantee as to its authenticity. :rolleyes:

But there is still a punch of trusted and good brands. Some of our sponsors also do sell on amazon!

If you're on a tight budget an 80$ LED would work well in 2x2 or max 3x3 tent for two-three med sized plant.
And if you've got ~150-200$ to use in a led light then this Vivosun 150W Quantum board would be the value for the money from amazon plus it works well from seed to harvest.
1664479365139.png

Or one of our sponsors Viparspectra also offers a similar LED board (even a bit more efficient) in their own online store for about $ 50 cheaper. Viparspectra XS1500

1664479393943.png

And if you're a DIY guy then I'd definitely recommend to buy DIY COB led kit(s)!

If you need any further help to choose the right comprehensive light covering the required space feel fee to DM me and I'll try to help you out. :high-five:

- V

Started a journal. Probably won’t be the best one but I will give it a shot.
Ok good! Now to get the journal link into your "signature".
Open the journal to page one and copy the url.
Go to your identity and click on it and see "signature".
Click signature. A window opens and you paste the url there.
Done
Now we can find you. :)

Back
Top Bottom