If soil... What size pot? 5 Gal
Size of light? 240 watt Viparapectra XS2000
Is it aircooled? No
Temp of Room/cab? Fluctuates
RH of Room/cab? Fluctuates
PH of media or res? 6-6.5
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? As needed
Type and strength of ferts used? Fox Farms when I start to feed.

988EE053-43B5-49ED-BF65-1A9C2093DFA5.jpeg

BAFF4D64-7242-47C6-8510-BAFAAB48DF3A.jpeg

ACC397E6-CF7E-4F95-8B8F-4CFF83272C29.jpeg

Real nice start!!! I grow in a garage/tent too, with FFOF, no real climate control. Two biggest issues with me are heat and humidity. By adjusting intake/output fans I can keep the temps down, but have to do some tweaking if the weather gets too hot. Humidity is extremely low in my garage (30-35%), so during veg I would hang a wet towel in front of an oscillating fan, worked pretty well, upside is the humidty is naturally about perfect for flowering.

Real nice start!!! I grow in a garage/tent too, with FFOF, no real climate control. Two biggest issues with me are heat and humidity. By adjusting intake/output fans I can keep the temps down, but have to do some tweaking if the weather gets too hot. Humidity is extremely low in my garage (30-35%), so during veg I would hang a wet towel in front of an oscillating fan, worked pretty well, upside is the humidty is naturally about perfect for flowering.

I have an AC infinity Smart Control set up. I bought a AC Infinity humidifier that I can run through the controller at a set to the vpd desired. That should help with humidity. It just came in the mail yesterday so I have yet to set it up.

As far as temps go, I have my lights off period during the hottest part of the day and I am pulling air from under the shed to get cooler intake. It generally stays just a couple degrees warmer than outside temps with light on.

The runtz has a nitrogen issue.
I noticed the leaves on that plant earlier today. The other two look like they are on the basic healthy side of things.

If the Runtz has a Nitrogen issue then best to work with the Nitrogen itself and not change the pH of the water. One recommendation is to add a mild Nitrogen fertilizer and see if the leaves look better after the next week or two. One fertilizer that can be tried is a fish emulsion or similar, something with a 3-1-1 up to a 5-1-2 set of NPK numbers. The nitrogen is usually water soluble and the soil organisms will be working on any non-soluble portions.

The Ph of the soil is over 7 even though I have been phing water at 6.5.
The pH for the Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil you are using is supposed to be between 6.3 and 6.8 when it leaves the yard where is it mixed and bagged and heads for the wholesaler. Why would one pot of soil have a different pH reading than the other two? Even if you used 3 different bags of soil they should all fall within Fox Farm's tolerances.

The next watering, I am going to ph it to 5 to see if I cant get the soil ph to drop.
It is not as simple as that. If you want an accurate pH reading for your soil then send a sample off to have the pH test done by a lab that deals with soil testing. Many growers will test the pH of the water that has run through the soil which really only gives the pH of that bit of water and not the soil. Wait 10 minutes and do it again and most likely it will be a totally different result. Then the grower starts to chase results and does not get a solid answer.

Also, if we keep trying to change the soil's pH by trying different pH levels for the water we could end up with one of more of the macro and micro nutrients no longer being available to the plants. In a soil grow we have to trust our soil which is why the recommendation is to stick with quality brands.

I noticed the leaves on that plant earlier today. The other two look like they are on the basic healthy side of things.

If the Runtz has a Nitrogen issue then best to work with the Nitrogen itself and not change the pH of the water. One recommendation is to add a mild Nitrogen fertilizer and see if the leaves look better after the next week or two. One fertilizer that can be tried is a fish emulsion or similar, something with a 3-1-1 up to a 5-1-2 set of NPK numbers. The nitrogen is usually water soluble and the soil organisms will be working on any non-soluble portions.

The pH for the Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil you are using is supposed to be between 6.3 and 6.8 when it leaves the yard where is it mixed and bagged and heads for the wholesaler. Why would one pot of soil have a different pH reading than the other two? Even if you used 3 different bags of soil they should all fall within Fox Farm's tolerances.

It is not as simple as that. If you want an accurate pH reading for your soil then send a sample off to have the pH test done by a lab that deals with soil testing. Many growers will test the pH of the water that has run through the soil which really only gives the pH of that bit of water and not the soil. Wait 10 minutes and do it again and most likely it will be a totally different result. Then the grower starts to chase results and does not get a solid answer.

Also, if we keep trying to change the soil's pH by trying different pH levels for the water we could end up with one of more of the macro and micro nutrients no longer being available to the plants. In a soil grow we have to trust our soil which is why the recommendation is to stick with quality brands.
Thanks for your reply of knowledge and experience. I will give it a try.

The runtz seems to be getting greener since adding nitrogen like you suggested(Single picture). She’s at 26 days old.

The two Drooling dragons are looking good for being 17 days old. I’m trying to get them to stretch a bit by raising the lights. The nodes are 1/4-1/2” apart.

1102EE47-EABA-436D-B82C-15A0BAD28A20.jpeg

B2A525F3-4B20-45B5-B7E8-F6A32F7EB4C5.jpeg

I did some lst on the ladies today. It was difficult due to how bushy they are. Is being bushy a good thing?
I like the thick stems that those plants have. Usually it is a sign that they will be strong enough to stand straighter as the buds get larger and heavier so they are less likely to flop over towards the end. I would be considering adding a Calcium-Magnesium fertilizer to the program to help maintain the stem strength.

If by saying "bushy" you mean that the plants have a lot of stems and leaves then 'yes' that can be a good thing. It gives the grower more opportunities when it comes to the shaping of the plant and how it might end up looking by the middle of the flowering period.

I have raised the light to 24” above the plants and they don’t seem to want to stretch.
Trying to get a "fast stretch" in the stems by raising the light is not necessarily a good thing. The further away the light fixture the less actual light reaches the leaves and that reduces the levels of photosynthesis. Better to keep the lights at the recommended distance and let the plants do what they do as far as the spacing between the nodes.

More likely that the distance between nodes during the vegetative stage is controlled by the genetics. Some plants will be thick and bushy and some will have longer stems. The light distance and what you have been doing up to now looks like it was working.

28 days for the drooling dragons(left and right) and 35 for the runtz(center). The runtz has entered flower. The drooling dragons have signs of preflower. Overall they are doing well and growing a good pace.

D39B9E52-6229-428B-90BC-0532F8B3E187.jpeg

DF8063C6-4D6C-4FEE-9997-AEF7E502F10E.jpeg

77205585-FB27-41DD-A4E0-7E41140DDB25.jpeg

049E1A5C-F95B-47FA-BB55-3529E5F03DA0.jpeg
Girls are doing quite well.
Nice training.
I'm going to tag along. :ciao:
Hope your doing well my friend. :high-five:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

They are about a 1 1/2 weeks into flower at this point. Looking good in my opinion. Should be a decent harvest if they stay healthy.

1F7A9B57-2DC5-45A2-AC7E-8499FF5B65BE.jpeg
I bend over the main stem and grow it horizontally.
It pushes the branches up making up to 20 main colas sometimes.
Easy and works well.
Looking good today.
You feeding full strength flowering nutrients? :Namaste:
Take care.

Bill284 😎

I bend over the main stem and grow it horizontally.
It pushes the branches up making up to 20 main colas sometimes.
Easy and works well.
Looking good today.
You feeding full strength flowering nutrients? :Namaste:
Take care.

Bill284 😎
I started feeding it fox farms dirty dozen last week. I am going by the feeding schedule.

I did notice that one of the plants leaves started to droop a bit. I don’t think it’s from overwatering being that I check the top part of the soil with my index finger and then pick them up to check weight before watering. Any ideas as to what will cause the drooping leaves.

8AD113A3-C408-45BC-BD30-608910CD66D8.jpeg

I started feeding it fox farms dirty dozen last week. I am going by the feeding schedule.

I did notice that one of the plants leaves started to droop a bit. I don’t think it’s from overwatering being that I check the top part of the soil with my index finger and then pick them up to check weight before watering. Any ideas as to what will cause the drooping leaves.

8AD113A3-C408-45BC-BD30-608910CD66D8.jpeg
If your feeding full strength nutrients according to the schedule then the color is off for some other reason.
Usually overwatering is the culprit.
Do you water to run off every time.
Wait 2-3-4 maby 5 days in-between before watering again?
Feed then water then feed then water then feed etc in soil........
Do you set ph?
Another possibility is environment.
Rh should be below 60% temps 80's lots of air flow.
Is your light at 100% ? What watts and distance, this effects it too.

Bill284 😎

If your feeding full strength nutrients according to the schedule then the color is off for some other reason.
Usually overwatering is the culprit.
Do you water to run off every time.
Wait 2-3-4 maby 5 days in-between before watering again?
Feed then water then feed then water then feed etc in soil........
Do you set ph?
Another possibility is environment.
Rh should be below 60% temps 80's lots of air flow.
Is your light at 100% ? What watts and distance, this effects it too.

Bill284 😎
Yes, I am feeding then water only, then feed, then water. I water or feed until a little comes out the bottom of the pot.

I set pH and am using a Bluelab pen.

The tent is in a garage that has no climate control and has been dipping into the 50-60 range at night and humidity has been in upper 60’s over the last few days

Light is a Viparspectra xs2000. It is supposed to be 200 watts and it is about 12” over top of the plants. The guide recommends 12-16”.

Thanks for your help!

Yes, I am feeding then water only, then feed, then water. I water or feed until a little comes out the bottom of the pot.

I set pH and am using a Bluelab pen.

The tent is in a garage that has no climate control and has been dipping into the 50-60 range at night and humidity has been in upper 60’s over the last few days

Light is a Viparspectra xs2000. It is supposed to be 200 watts and it is about 12” over top of the plants. The guide recommends 12-16”.

Thanks for your help!
Sorry I should have asked what you set ph to?
You said it's in the garage.
Are they sitting right on concrete?
That will cool the pot and slow root activity, possible cause of your droop.
But rh is a touch hi and temps are low.
These things can cause your girls metabolism to slow down.
Reducing nutritional uptake, growth and vigor.
Put something under the pots to get an air gap.
Pot temp should be 18c minimum.
Try and raise temps a bit.
60 is low for proper growth.
RH should be low 50' area.
Do you have a dehumidifier.
It will raise temps and drop rh, perfect. :thumb:
Sorry for the delay getting back to you I got busy yesterday.
Hope your doing well.
Take care.
Talk soon.

Bill284 😎

Sorry I should have asked what you set ph to?
You said it's in the garage.
Are they sitting right on concrete?
That will cool the pot and slow root activity, possible cause of your droop.
But rh is a touch hi and temps are low.
These things can cause your girls metabolism to slow down.
Reducing nutritional uptake, growth and vigor.
Put something under the pots to get an air gap.
Pot temp should be 18c minimum.
Try and raise temps a bit.
60 is low for proper growth.
RH should be low 50' area.
Do you have a dehumidifier.
It will raise temps and drop rh, perfect. :thumb:
Sorry for the delay getting back to you I got busy yesterday.
Hope your doing well.
Take care.
Talk soon.

Bill284 😎
No need in being sorry, I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to give me you your thoughts.

The tent sits on a wood pedestal so that it is off the floor for that reason. The pots also sit on top of a drip tray. I pH to 6.3. Temps went up and humidity went down yesterday. This morning the plants seem to be a little more vigor and are not anywhere near as droopy this morning.

Thanks a lot for all your input.

Back
Top Bottom