Zooie's Secret Closet Soil Grow 2020

What a difference a week makes- Great growing,Zooie!
You are gonna have soooo much pot!

Day 43 Flower
Things have been busy considering what we are all going through. Hope all of you are staying healthy and safe in these times we find ourselves in. Things in the garden here are going great, here are a few pictures for you to see. I miss all of you, and hope to try and get on here more often as i can.
20200408_091812.jpg
20200408_091820.jpg
20200408_091829.jpg
20200408_091842.jpg
20200408_091851.jpg
20200408_091901.jpg
20200408_091909.jpg

They are really getting kinda chunky....lol.... :) :green_heart: :woohoo: I have a couple of weeks to wait on the Gelato #33, she smells so good. Then waiting on my Sour D to ripen up.. then some Amnesia Haze....yummy...;):bong:

Wow Nice looking Garden you have there. Nice Big fat colas, You are going to have a Great harvest when the time comes. I hope you have help trimming all of that.
:high-five: :D

Day 61 Flower
Hey @Sparkey224 , I miss you also... ;) we are doing fine...been a little busy...Chopped the Gelato...she was full of amber on her Calyx..she is hanging and drying.....here are a few pictures i have taken...
20200413_132630.jpg

I have cola's falling all over the closet, trying to keep them up with yo yo's.....
20200415_160959.jpg
20200415_161013.jpg
20200415_161024.jpg
20200416_102148.jpg
20200416_102222.jpg

:pGiving them a little UVB burst a few times a day ....11am...12...1pm...I can see the resin and sugar growing on them..Watching the Sour D and Amnesia Haze. The SD will be ready first i think, probably a week or so to go i guess. Colas very big and heavy....have to be real careful when i need to move them around...big pain i did not think or forsee....lol :p Hope you are doing well....stay safe....;):love:

I love your UVB experiment... we tried that too and found that it helped simulate high noon in the grow room and did make an appreciable increase in trichome production. We also found that any more than this window around the noontime did not help, but actually degraded the trichomes.
Thank you @Emilya for stopping by....I appreciate that information, very valuable to know.... :high-five: . I only ran it once yesterday in 15 min burst. From 11 to 1pm...did you try any thing different?...I did a little research here and there..would be interested in your application...:hug:

Thank you @Emilya for stopping by....I appreciate that information, very valuable to know.... :high-five: . I only ran it once yesterday in 15 min burst. From 11 to 1pm...did you try any thing different?...I did a little research here and there..would be interested in your application...:hug:

There were several of us experimenting with it, so all the results were not mine. One guy, Weez'ard in Hawaii had one of the first LED arrays out there, homebrew of course, and he called it his dial-a-watt light. He did all sorts of experiments with using red and blue and UV light and we learned a lot together. All of us seemed to find that a 3-4 hour window of UVB light centered on the noon of their 12 hour day simulated what happens outside when the sun's angle allows the energy to come down straight through the atmosphere. It is at this angle where the least absorption from the atmosphere happens, and the most UV beams through. Several of us would turn on our "lizard" lights during this time, and side by side tests proved that the plants definitely responded to it.
Later I got hold of one of these new no name LED lights that had UVB going all the time. I noticed a rapid turning to amber when we got into the harvest window under these lights, almost too rapid for my liking. I blamed the full time UV light for that and wondered how it had affected the grow, but with no side by side, I could draw no actual conclusions.

There were several of us experimenting with it, so all the results were not mine. One guy, Weez'ard in Hawaii had one of the first LED arrays out there, homebrew of course, and he called it his dial-a-watt light. He did all sorts of experiments with using red and blue and UV light and we learned a lot together. All of us seemed to find that a 3-4 hour window of UVB light centered on the noon of their 12 hour day simulated what happens outside when the sun's angle allows the energy to come down straight through the atmosphere. It is at this angle where the least absorption from the atmosphere happens, and the most UV beams through. Several of us would turn on our "lizard" lights during this time, and side by side tests proved that the plants definitely responded to it.
Later I got hold of one of these new no name LED lights that had UVB going all the time. I noticed a rapid turning to amber when we got into the harvest window under these lights, almost too rapid for my liking. I blamed the full time UV light for that and wondered how it had affected the grow, but with no side by side, I could draw no actual conclusions.
Very interesting observations, after just running it yesterday I did notice the changes taking place and the smell. I have an Agromax pure uvb light, 70%uvb 30%uva.....I talked to a guy that put his 18" above the plants and he said the same thing about how his turn to amber quickly. I think I will alternate days also with it, not giving any today. I really appreciate your knowledge and experience you have shared with me :green_heart: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom