Newb Loses Growing Virginity

Keep us posted on the yellowing/dying leaves especially if it accelerates. A few here and there on the lower limbs is normal. They receive the least amount of light. But the fact that u said some were green and rubbery kinda concerns me (not enough to worry , but enough to want to monitor the plant and process).

No problem BWC there are two small ones at the base today that look like they are going to drop. The leaf in the pic above fell just about an hour or so later to give you an idea of what they look like.

Hows this for a DIY, I am holding off on using my hps until I have a better way to vent excess heat. Seeing as I am on a small budget, I cannot afford to purchase one of those expensive inline fans. I found some scrap stainless steel and make a collar to connect a $10 desk fan to some ducting.

SDC10235.JPG

SDC10234.JPG

Yeah man I definately will, I am going to work on the ventillation some more this sat. I was wondering if it would hurt my plants in any way to only run the hps sometimes and cfl for the days I'm at work?? (Just want to reduce the risk of any unfortunate endings)

BTW on the Lumatek does the "Super Lumens Switch" use more watts or something?? How does that work?

Dunno anything about Lumatek ballasts.
I was wondering if it would hurt my plants in any way to only run the hps sometimes and cfl for the days I'm at work?? (Just want to reduce the risk of any unfortunate endings)
I don't recommend playing with the lights in flower. That's my personal opinion.

I can understand that, I was thinking it would probably do more damage than good i.e. stress. I ran the HID for about four hours yesterday and man what a difference it made for her! She darkened up all the new growth areas, (I would assume from photosynthesis) and she started to really show her first good trichs! I did not realize the brightness of that thing, I swear it was like I kidnapped the sun! Hopefully I can get the ventilation to a point where I feel secure leaving the house with it on.

I don;t see why both lights are necessary. If u do decide to continue, keep us posted. U ever instal the DIY fan, How's it working? Whatever happened to the yellowing leaves? Did it stop?

The HPS is just building a lot of heat in the closet. I have added two more fans but the temps are getting around 82-84F. I was just wanting to use the cfl's on the days on work doubles (I am not home the entire light cycle). The fan is not installed yet I need to come up some more cash to get materials for ducting and some more stainless. As far as the yellow leaves; they are slowing down. It dropped four or five in a short period and worried me. Now there are just two older ones at the bottom dying off. I will post pics asap but I loaned out my camera for the weekend.

Yeah I have two small fans blowing heat up and a box fan pulling it away from the closet. I just need to weld the fan to the collar and put a backing plate on it. The heat is managable but I want to be able to run ducting so I dont have to leave the closet door cracked with an intense orange glow pouring out. lol I decided I am going to get a carbon filter and inline fan in about a week or so, but I will still use the homade fan as an intake fan.

So everything seems to be going really good so far. I have been 'playing' with the lights though. They only get a total of 12 hours of CFL light per week but I dont want the ballast running when I'm not home. My roomate works a different shift so some days its only 2 hours. She isn't showing me any signs that it is doing damage or anything. In fact this thing is thriving. I gave her a heavy shot of tiger bloom today after just water for a few days. The pH is right in line I am putting my water or solution around 6.5 and when I check runoff it is 6. The pistils are coming out like crazy and the nugs are swelling by the day.

It is exciting to be where I am, thanks to all of you who are helping my step by step.

Props to BWC for helping out a newb! :thanks:

Here she is in a full view
SDC10260.JPG

And from underneath the main cola
SDC10256.JPG

SDC10254.JPG

Here are the two bigger side shoots
SDC10258.JPG

SDC10255.JPG

SDC10259.JPG

SDC10253.JPG

I still have some leaving dying off at the bottom but they are just old fan leaves still.
SDC10257.JPG

And one of my friends stopped by last night with some trim from a strain he has been growing for 19 years he calls Rocket Fuel. So I had to make some butter, there will be more to come.
SDC10261.JPG

Ur very welcome. Looking at the pics I noticed ur plant has lush foliar growth but the formation of 3 bladed leaves (or any # below 5) is an indication of stress (this has been my experience). I saw this with my purple kush crop when attacked by mites as well as PH problems. Have ur flushed ur soil yet? Its not bad and once corrected ur new growth should resume normally and fan leaves should grow out larger. What sized pots is it in again and how long has it been there? It may be time to transplant in the days/week following a flush.

Thanks BWC I went ahead and did a transplant to a five gallon pot, flushed and continued feeding schedule. She should be getting close to being ready. The trich production has been through the roof and a few pistils are starting to change color. I fed Tiger Bloom and Monster Blooms today, after this I think I will begin to do the final flush. Let me know how close you think I am from the pics.... Thanks again

SDC10265.JPG

SDC10266.JPG

SDC10269.JPG

SDC10263.JPG

SDC10264.JPG

Yeah man everything was harvested from her, with a total of around 56g with colas and small buds. It is some very potent smoke with a deep earthy taste to it. The thing I love is how clean the bud tastes; not sure if I'm just partial to my own, or there is that big of a difference. Anyways, this can be moved to complete. I will post a pic of the main colas here shortly

Re: Newb Loses Growing Virginity-Completed

Well ur no longer an innocent, "virgin" grower. Congrats on success. Don't stop here, lets see another one. Thanks for sharing with us, its been a pleasure Norm. U can still add pics when u get around to it.

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress - 420 Magazine

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Dude, i just got out of grow college, If you need help, Hit me up. :roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom