Newb Loses Growing Virginity

So I was reading weedtastic's white russian thread and watched a video about supercropping and decided to bend one of the three main branches I have going. It has only been a few hours and the leafs are already starting to face upward again! And btw I went ahead and cut two clones from the bottom today. I will post more pics shortly

So two of the clones seem to be doing ok, one of the lates I cut is kinda wilting. The larger leaves which I decided to try leaving on this one are starting to fall. I trimmed the tips back on it, so we will see if it can hang. I have an average lights on temp of around 84, should open the vents on the dome? I was keeping them shut to boost the humidity...

Man she is really starting to fill in (at least to me) I just wish the local hydro shop would hurry up on getting my damn ballast in though. It has been almost a week since it was paid for! Anyways these cfl's are doing the trick right now.

RH 45%-50%
Temps 72 low 84-86 high
Runoff pH around 6.0 Distilled at 6.5 Solution at 6.5
Been feeding Tiger Bloom 2x a week
Decent amount of water every other day.
Flushing pots once every two weeks

And now for some pics :popcorn:

SDC10208.JPG

The top cola starting to form :rollit:
SDC10212.JPG

Getting pretty furry
SDC10214.JPG

Look at the one on the right, oh well can't all be winners now can they?
SDC10215.JPG

So I need some help here... I have found some purple on a set of new leaves (not sure they're exact name). There is also a spot of it forming inside of one of the catalyxes. I dont know if this is just genetics or if I have some form of disease/infestation... Any help is appreciated. ;)

Notice how there is a spot of it on the bud formation...
SDC10217.JPG

Here is a blurry close up of the leave
SDC10216.JPG

On a good note though, all the clones are still looking healthy pH is finallly balanced and the signs of a P deficiency are disappearing. :grinjoint: I talked to the jack down at the hydro shop and got my cash back from him, so I ordered a Lumatek 400w MH/HPS ballast, bulb, etc. We can't wait for it to arrive..

just give them plenty of the right light in flower and of course stick perfect to 12 and 12 specially at the beggining.

Yeah I kept it veging until I bought a decent light timer. Hey man can you indentify the purple stuff in those last two pics? I hope it is not related to some kind of rotting or infestation. I tried rubbing the leaf to see if it was on the surface, but it seems to be inside and the other spot is at the base of two pistils.

I think the purple color in the leaf or the bud formation is just part of what that type of plant is,I think its a good thing not a problem,many people ask how come some stems are purple and the same kind but just a different plant has green 1s its just the way it is.genetics,don't worry about it they look very healthy.and the spot forming on the calyex or however you spell it,is probably going to be some kind of growth coming on.

Purpling can be a genetic thing or it can be ur plants way of letting u know that it needs more phosphorus. When plants go from veg to bloom, their nutrient needs change. They use and require way more phosphorus and potassium than Nitrogen. Often u will see plants petioles (leaf stems) and stems start to turn purple toward the top of the plant 1st as a result of this. At least this has been my experience. I covered the purpling in my grow. Click the follow my grow link in my signature and see what I did. U can also see the difference between a healthy and sick plants harvest. If u have time, check it out. This was also cover in KatoRica's To build or not to build journal.

Twisting leaves definitely sounds like a pH problem. What's ur PH?

My pH is 6.0 but the twisting leaes are not my problem. I have been feeding Tiger Bloom 2x a week to correct the P deficiency. But I was trying to figure out if this stuff is from a bug or disease or something. I tried getting a closer pic but that was the best my camera could do.

If ur worried about bugs check the undersides of ur leaves. U'd see evidence of them feeding of shitting there most likely. I could barely make out the black spots. U looked here yet? >Plant Abuse Chart To be on the safe side I recommend spraying with neem oil i=or a neem based spray for preventative measures. If its a fungus, that should help knock it out too.

Its just my opinion bud,but I don't think that purple is anything to worry about ,the plant looks very healthy and if I worried about every little color change on my plants I'd go nuts,I've had stems that were real purple and then went to green.

I covered the purpling in my grow. Click the follow my grow link in my signature and see what I did. U can also see the difference between a healthy and sick plants harvest. If u have time, check it out. This was also cover in KatoRica's To build or not to build journal.

Oh I have read your journal bwc, you helped with the P deficiency and pH already in my Purple Stems thread. I appreciate the help you have provided me so far.

:thanks:

And I know what you mean spike about not worring about every little thing but being my first time I am a little extra paranoid about making any mistakes. Thanks for stickin around and helping me out.

Here are some new pics as of today, the pH has stabilized to around 6.0-6.5 consistently for around week now. I have been continuing to feed tiger bloom but I am showing some yellowing in a few old leaves at the bottom. The yellow does not bother me it is the fact that they were getting brown edges first. When woke up this morning there was a leaf that had fallen and it was still greenish. I bent the stem and was really soft like rubber. Anyways I am not too worried about it unless it starts to show in the tops.

Humidity has been pretty high lately and my cab is getting up to 70% RH, how big of an issue is this? I have added another fan for more ventilation already.

SDC10225.JPG

SDC10228.JPG

SDC10230.JPG

Back
Top Bottom