Newty’s Perpetual Pantry Party & Outdoor Grow Show

They're still there for now, unfortunately I have company tomorrow so won't have time to chop and hang, leaving it until Saturday ☺ I was actually thinking that, just cutting the fan leaves and hanging her up, but heard they can be a PITA to trim after as they are stuck to the bud. Also do you wash your bud before hanging? Was thinking of doing it to clean them but also it will take longer to dry.

They're still there for now, unfortunately I have company tomorrow so won't have time to chop and hang, leaving it until Saturday ☺ I was actually thinking that, just cutting the fan leaves and hanging her up, but heard they can be a PITA to trim after as they are stuck to the bud. Also do you wash your bud before hanging? Was thinking of doing it to clean them but also it will take longer to dry.

Bud wash is before hanging yes. It helps regulate the dry time. I personally hate dry trimming I tried it on a few branches from my last plant and despise it lol! Wet trimming is easier and I think gives a more manicured bud!

Dry trimming is barely more annoying than wet trimming in my opinion and usually prefer this way if I have the space. It’s a nicer smoke when I do this, the leaves are easier to trim in my opinion and the buds look more esthetically pleasing:D

I do take all the fans off first then do a bud wash and hang to dry. This helps dry more evenly, removes dust hair and grime and also helps slow drying time.

I wet trim and use the boxes because I LOVE making fresh harvest edible oil out of fresh frozen! I tend to over trim when I wet trim lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess try everything and decide what works best for you! Each person has their own preferences ;)

I just did a quick bud washing tutorial and some harvest stuff on my YouTube channel. I am just finishing edit my wet trim video.
Genevieve Eatsweed

NEWTY’S PANTRY PARTY & OUTDOOR GROW SHOW

CHAPTER IV REVIEW

Hi 420

I am currently preparing for #nogrow depression AKA my first grow break since I started. I dropped my first bagseed beans in June of 2017 and I haven't looked back since.

What did we grow this run...lets look back

Part 1 of 4 LOL #newtystyle ( I will drop 1 or 2 a day)

The Heathers – 5 Regular Kona Gold seeds (Pua Mana Ohana)

2 Gallon Airpot

What a ride with this gal! She popped at the beginning of August with her 4 brothers and sisters. She lost all family members during buggedon and of course the boys I murdered. I had 3 Heathers make it to flower and when the 2 biggest turned out to be male, she was the lone surviving Heather. I trained them all.

She was supposed to be my Hawaiian landrace Sativa LOL I no longer trust Pua Mana so do not waste your money on these unstable genetics. After looking through their website I assumed there was an accidental switch and I actually grew Hawaiian Trinity which has a distinct burnt rubber smell and was a short stacked indica pheno. What ever she was, she was mailed from Hawaii:) She was constantly defoliated and loved it/needed it. She grew pretty resiliently and only suffered noticeable stress at the end with some hermies in the buds which were sterile. I could have caused this because 1. I had to move her from the big girl tent to the misfit tent in mid flower so different light spectrum. 2. The misfit tent was a lot hotter due to the 2 big lights and less awesome exhaust system. #mybad

She turned out all right and was chopped Dec 8th, dried for a week and came out to 103 grams or 3.7g of dank buds. The smoke on her was to be desired...not very potent and very light. I gave most of it away to my lightweight friends and used the rest for edibles!

Side note: lightweights LOVED this weed and they used it for sleep

Buffy – 1 Fem CBD OG Kush seed (The Netherlands friend)

2 Gallon Airpot

Buffy!! She was one of my favourites this run. She was also started at the beginning of August and vigorous right off the bat. She is the only other seedling (besides above) that made it through buggeddon, although she was never the same afterwards. She continued to grow very big but never looked very happy. She was very sensitive to nutrients and particularly nitrogen and always seemed to claw. She did however handle the HST extremely well, due to her tall stature, she was heavily supercropped. She was constantly defoliated and loved it/needed it.

She was chopped on Dec 8th (small branches) and Dec 14th (mains). She dried for a week and weighed in at 147 grams or 5.3 oz :D Her buds were big and dense and probably one of my favourite smokes. Very nice euphoria and head high with a strong warm body hug. Since the THC is not predicted to be strong in this strain I am chopping this up to the entourage effect.

No hermies.

I have an overall grow review at the end in part 4 with total weights:battingeyelashes:

Aww...buggedon :oops:. Was that really August? Time flies around here!

Nice part 1 of the chapter wrap. It's amazing what you can pull out of a 2 gallon pot!

Waiting for the next shoe to drop (this must be horseshoes if there are going to be four)...

Thanks Shed! Haha incoming...
I know right! :D :bravo: newty!!
Thanks Amy!
That is a big word girl... See you have been paying attention in school.. LMAO Green days sis

Hahaha Thanks Madd, nice to see you:D
Everything looking Newtified, good job on the girls!
Thanks so much PW!

NEWTY’S PANTRY PARTY & OUTDOOR GROW SHOW

CHAPTER IV REVIEW

Part 2 of 4

Lil Dickie – 1 Fem Moby Dick seed (Dinafem)

2 gallon airpot

We all know that Moby Dick is one of my favourite strains to smoke so made sense to grow it out myself. Penny wise helped me locate the strain bred by dinafem and I was PUMPED. If you remember, I had tried 2 other times to grow this strain but seedsman sent me auto seeds instead of fem and ruined my life last year! What an annoying mix up. They did replace the seeds, which is what I grew this time.

The smell has a very beautiful and distinct aroma, and this confirms that they were in fact Moby Dick. She grew like a champ, not too sassy and took all the high stress training like a strong female! She was constantly defoliated and loved it/needed it. I really enjoyed growing her this run and I will do it again soon. She was started in late September and was chopped December 28th on day 60 of flower. She was dried whole for a week, dry trimmed and weighed in at 139 grams or 4.9 oz.

I found a few hermies at the end, sterile as there are no seeds. She was also switched to the misfit tent, mid flower and experienced some heat/light stress in that tent so #mybad

She is a pig and loved lots of nutrients! I can push her more if I want next time.

Libbie – 1 Fem Liberty Haze seed (Barney's Farm) @Barneys Farm Official

2 gallon airpot

Oh my dear sweet Libbie. I was so excited to grow this strain after watch Dobe grow out his. She was a beautiful plant to grow, loved all the defoliation and extreme training I did with her. She was the most supercropped plant ever, including a few purposeful double supercrops (supercropping the base of the plant as well as the top to get the vase shape). The HST I used with her was planned and mostly done in the vegetative stage. The shape I got from her at the end was exactly what I was after and I am so impressed it worked!!

She was most definitely my favourite daughter and now my favourite smoke of this run after tasting her last week (cured for a week). I have had really great feedback about this smoke:) She was started in late September and harvested at Day 60 on December 28th. She was dried whole in a closet with moby for 7 days, dry trimmed and the yield was 119 grams or 4.3 oz.

No hermies - she was half the height so did not experience the light stress. She did however experience mild heat stress and this was noticeable from the crispiness of the leaves around the edges. #mybad

She was also very sensitive to nutrients and had to get a lower ppm diet always. She got quite purple from the low temps at night and I think its in her genes;) I also defoliated her quite a bit but not as much as the Moby, Hawaiian and kush etc. I defoliated her strategically in veg and then week 1, 3 and 6 of flower.

View media item 1647171

Awesome newty! Those 2 were pretty special all the way ☺️

Such nice wrap ups or your grow phases. I’m going to have to appropriate some version of it for myself I think, to give myself (and others too!) an easy reference for how a plant grew etc.

It’s so great to have that there for when I want to grow a liberty haze ... #checkback ;)

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom