NGK - First Time Grow - DWC AK-47 LED SS440

Well hate to inform but had to take down tent cause of landlord so gonna be looking into moving soon. So sad right now but I have to be safe and it's not safe for me in this house so I will putting this project off till I have a safe place. Thanks to everyone for all the help and when I am ready to start I'll be a lil more knowledgeable. Thanks to all and when I get set up again I'll be ready to start journal. :thanks:

image9240.jpg

The PH. Was 6.7 when I checked on it I've got it down to 5.6 now I hope that was the problem need some help on this one please

NGK....

How far are they from your lights? If it's heat stress, what is your lights recommendation for distance?

Let's start with that...

The DWC boys should be chiming in by now.

Google heat stress and nutrient deficiency while your at it. I have several charts and pics for examples posted inside my cabinet for quick reference.

Renegade

Thanks renegade and I'm looking for some info right now first grow though so don't really know what it is I have the lights at 28in and the light specs say 18 to 24 so I thought id start at 28 my highest temps in tent have been 85 been running 20/4 lights and 15on/off on intake and exhaust res temp was 70f when I checked it and had a few small tap roots on bottom of net pot and they were bright white ppm was at 240 plant is 3 weeks old from seed

Hi NGK.:ciao:

The leaf curling looks like heat or light stress like CO mentioned, but today's pic looks like nute burn. What do your roots look like? are they nice and white, or brown? Whats your PPM?

I use LED also and would suggest you move the light about 3 feet away from the plants at this early stage. As the seedlings grow and get accustomed to the light intensity you can let them get closer.

For my grow, I start the light about 3 feet away and leave it there until I have to move it up. Once I do have to move it, I try to keep it at least 18 inches above the plants canopy

Roots were bright white when I looked ppm was 240 and res temp was at 72.5. I turned the intake on running non stop to try and get res temp down. I will move light up to 3 feet and see where that goes it could be nute burn when I changed res last Wednesday I added very little nutes to it like you had told me a while back. I used purified drinking water and ppm of it was 120 and I add my sensi grow a and b and some b- 52. From advanced lineup. I brought up ppm to 240 and left it there. It might have been to early for the nutes not for sure. I am so glad to have you guys here for me. A big thanks to all who have came and looked and helped.

As some have suggested i would be incline myself to go with heat stress... But !

I noticed you are using LED lighting those should not really create to much heat after all they are cooler running than HPS/MH part of the reason where people choose em.

I would like to ask about over all temperature of the grow tent please !

This may suggest location of tent for example you may live in warm part of the world, you might have placed the tent in the attic... attics may get very warm on hot days etc

Might be ventilation issue causing heat build up this may suggest are you running an active intake or passive vent to provide new/fresh air to tent ?

Is the extraction fan running 24/7 & what size is it or volume of air does it move per hour etc ?

I pretty sure its heat stress but not quite figured out what is causing the problem just yet ?

PH short term flux is not a problem but this really needs too be checked daily for awhile... if large swings happen daily we may need to looks at what you are using to control PH & strength of solution & in the long what water you are using ?

I have the tent in a closet. Highest temps have been since I moved it has only been 86F. Temps average at about 74 to 78 during lights on and 68 to 73 during lights off. RH is at 39% rite now and doesn't drop or go up by much at all. I have a 6in exhaust fan and a 4in intake fan.
The lights are california light works solar storm 440. I have been using the veg setting since I started. I have turned on the intake so it's running 24/7 right now and the exhaust is running on 15 on and off. I have a 6in clip on fan blowing on plant. The 6in exhaust fan is rated at 400 cfm and the 4in is rated at 165 cfm. The lights do put off a lot of heat for led. If you need any more info just let me know and again thanks. :thanks:

Hi again NGK.
Your air temps are fine, and so is your reservoir temp at 72F. If your roots are still nice and white, and you've kept the PPM as low as you have, its not nute burn either. Only option left is the one already suggested, not heat stress, but light stress from the intensity of the LED's on the seedling at such a young stage. You've already raised the lights so problem solved, you just gotta wait it out now.

Also--don't let the fan blow directly on the plant all the time, they don't like that, kinda like wind burn. Either have an ocilating fan or have your fan blowing at the wall and sorta rebounding back towards the plant. They don't need wind, just simple air exchange/airflow.

This same problem happened to me on my first grow cause I started with the LED's 12 inches away from the plant. The damaged leaves will never come back to be nice leaves again, but any new growth should be fine and your plant will survive no worse for wear.

My first grow....
IMG_117519.JPG

Just chiming in here and agree with all the helped.

You've made the corrections so just wait to see how the plant responds. New grow is good and contrary to what you think, pic 2 is already showing improvement over pic 1. Try not to make to many adjustments all at once. You'll never dial it in and may go from one problem to the next.

I would question your humidity since it should be above 50. I think it's 50-70 for veg...SME's???

Renegade

your environment sounds OK except for that res temp. Once you hit 70F you run the risk of pith in DWC. Without taking any measures to change it, your water will always be roughly the average air temperature of the grow space. I do ebb & flow, but I always hear the DWC guys talking about res chillers. You could use frozen water bottles, but don't put them next to your roots. Maybe you can setup some sort of RDWC system using another res with frozen water bottles? ie put bottles in second res outside tent and then circulate water between the two.

Based on the picture, you definitely have a deficiency. It looks a little like a Mn problem. I would assume it's something locking it out since the nutes you mentioned are known to be good brands. I agree that the second pic looks better. The diseased leaves look worse because those processes causing that were already in motion. There is new growth, and it looks healthy. That's the most important thing. Those damaged leaves won't heal, so just watch that you don't see the symptoms spread.

You're probably fine. Your temps should be OK, but it's Spring, so things are only getting warmer and you're right on that threshold. It wouldn't hurt you to try and get ahead of the game and figure out how to get that res temp down a little. :winkyface:

Back
Top Bottom