Normal yellowing leaves during grow or no?

Maybe it isn't dialled in bang-on with nutes, but it still looks like a decent plant
I think you are right about that. I've did figure something out as far as giving it nutes and walking it up to the line before getting toxic. Took me two grows and a bunch of headaches. But I think I finally figured out how to stop them from yellowing and stunting.

And the key to fat buds is to make sure you don't have any difficiency worked out before bud fattening. Or you will just have thinner buds.

I sent the photo to a friend and he texted back ...yeah well eff you too!
I said ..what?

then he said it reminds him of a double barrel middle fingers.

my roommates plant looks to be really close and it's leaves are yellowing fast.

even getting brown spots that look like the maganese deficiency. I just assume that is supposed to happen as it's finishing.

the buds look nice. They say with lemon haze go with the hairs when they are about 80/20.

id say it's about 70/30 or 75/25. But that is a guess. And some of it is still 60/40 and some look 80/20. Just depends where you look. I wonder if I should just go with the yellowing leaves. They are yellowing fast.

Plus it's about 17 days past it's long estimate of 70 days seed to harvest for lemon haze auto.

20240321_150419.jpg

20240321_150225.jpg

20240321_150823.jpg

20240321_150837.jpg

20240321_150846.jpg

20240321_150909.jpg

My plant is lightening again as soon as I stopped giving it pot of gold liquid nutes.

I wonder if there is something wrong with the roots. If so I'm not gonna do anything for it but overfeed and flush and overfeed and flush because nothing else fixes it.

Why can't you just tell me....hey this is what's probably going on with your plant?

By looking at it.

It has been watered every other day and the pot is light when I water. It stunted and I flushed it then it started moving again. As I was giving it pot of gold with the water every time and the day I stop four days later it's lightening again. But on the same spot it was before. And it's still the darkest leaves I've ever saw on the corners .

Last two photos is the tale of two plants. But it's the same plant. Just different corners of the outside of the plant.

20240322_140026.jpg

20240322_140328.jpg

20240322_140302.jpg

20240322_140248.jpg

20240322_140603.jpg

20240322_140608.jpg

Strange that this plant is going on another boost of white hairs and growth. It's past the seed cos estimation and looked like it was going to finish and then grew weird crazy new growth all over the place. It's only supposed to go 70 days and here we are at 84 days and it's still making new bud.

Odd.

20240327_131731.jpg

Strange that this plant is going on another boost of white hairs and growth. It's past the seed cos estimation and looked like it was going to finish and then grew weird crazy new growth all over the place. It's only supposed to go 70 days and here we are at 84 days and it's still making new bud.

Odd.

20240327_131731.jpg
Never rely on breeder estimates of when a plant will finish, let's just say they are overly optimistic, (ok lets just say for the most part, they lie like rugs!). Your plant looks like it's foxtailing, not much you can do about it, sometimes it's caused by a a bit too much nitrogen in flower, but some plants just do it. What you need to keep an eye on is the older buds, the new foxtails will cover the old caylxes so watch closely for mold! If using the trich method for determining ripeness, look at the old caylxes for cloudy/amber trichs, not the new foxtails, and not the sugar leaves. Overall it looks very good, hope you have a great harvest.

Why can't you just tell me....hey this is what's probably going on with your plant?

By looking at it.
It is hard to do that just by looking at the photos. The color can be off because of the exposure the camera used, or the focus is off. Many reasons can affect how the plant looks. The best way to say what is probably wrong is when others can actually be there with the plant right in front of them so they can see it in person and touch it.

Strange that this plant is going on another boost of white hairs and growth. It's past the seed cos estimation and looked like it was going to finish and then grew weird crazy new growth all over the place.
A lot of Cannabis plants will do that. It is not all that strange.

@Aweedtec - it's been a bumpy ride for this plant but even with yellow leaves, a bit of foxtail etc, you will still get a reasonable harvest
Next time round you'll nail your water/nutes and will no doubt have much greater success

What can you take away from this grow in terms of learning anything?
As long as you've gained a bit more experience with this grow it's all good

@Aweedtec - it's been a bumpy ride for this plant but even with yellow leaves, a bit of foxtail etc, you will still get a reasonable harvest
Next time round you'll nail your water/nutes and will no doubt have much greater success

What can you take away from this grow in terms of learning anything?
As long as you've gained a bit more experience with this grow it's all good
Well I have no idea what fox tailing is and know nothing about it so now I guess I have to go look it.

But here are some photos of the lower stuff on the plant. It's always looked like this and has never matured.

The entire bottom of the plant is white hairs.

But anywhere that it lightened during flower the buds look finished or close to it and then has the new white hairs on top. Which I figured was strange.

So I don't know if giving it nutrients it's supposed to have did it or giving it a bit more every two days to darken the leaves back up ...which worked each time but never got it close to the darkness of the leaves on the corners of the plant.

20240328_123920.jpg

20240328_123916.jpg

Well I have no idea what fox tailing is and know nothing about it so now I guess I have to go look it.
It's basically when the flower has set buds but then continues to throw new buds on buds, you end up with something that resembles a fox's tail which never ripens properly and best avoided
It often occurs when there is an abundance of N, light is too strong for end of flower or some other environmental factor, like a stressed plant etc but some genetics are prone to it more than others

It's basically when the flower has set buds but then continues to throw new buds on buds, you end up with something that resembles a fox's tail which never ripens properly and best avoided
It often occurs when there is an abundance of N, light is too strong for end of flower or some other environmental factor, like a stressed plant etc but some genetics are prone to it more than others
All of the interior buds on this plant are like 5 percent brown or red hairs and 95 percent white and they never turned brown.. all the whole the plant ok the top still doesn't appear finished but grew all this new stuff.

So now I wonder if I should defol the plant so light can penetrate to the lower buds. Or just bend the colas by drilling holes in the bucket and pull the colas back.

Or just let it go for weeks longer. Or cut buds off that appear finished and hope the rest of the plant can finish.

I'm kinda lost now on how to deal with it.

There is nothing even close to finished on the inside of this plant.

Zoom in on those buds.... none of them are ready. Not a single one. And we are at 84 days. 2 weeks past the time claimed. Yes I know that is just a guess. But how much longer does a plant have when 90 to 95 percent of the hairs on middle and lower buds are not even close to finished?

20240328_125156.jpg

All of the interior buds on this plant are like 5 percent brown or red hairs and 95 percent white and they never turned brown.. all the whole the plant ok the top still doesn't appear finished but grew all this new stuff.

So now I wonder if I should defol the plant so light can penetrate to the lower buds. Or just bend the colas by drilling holes in the bucket and pull the colas back.

Or just let it go for weeks longer. Or cut buds off that appear finished and hope the rest of the plant can finish.

I'm kinda lost now on how to deal with it.
Entirely up to you how you see fit, there's no right or wrong - I don't know a definitive answer

Personally I would probably do a little defol to open it up and cut the foxtail tips to stop them from producing more white flower - in other words, shift focus onto the lower buds, try to get them to finish properly

You could just wait but you might be there quite a while longer and I'd be getting impatient to get on with the next grow

I suppose the big question is ..since this plant is way way way larger than my roommates which is finished today....could it be possible that the plant is just taking way longer to finish because it has way more stems way more leaves and way more colas that are way longer than the colas on his plant?

Could it be that it's just not finished and growing these foxtails at the same time?

I just started tying it all back. It's insane how many secondary nodes are on each node.

My roommates plant had 16 nodes up the plant but none of them had seconday branch and bud growth.

Every single node has like 5 other branches full of buds on it on my plant and it's the same seeds.

I will put photos of the plant after I pull it all back in this post.

Probably should pull some more of them down but I will let these buds get some strong light for a few days before pulling the rest down.

20240328_134537.jpg

20240328_134748.jpg

20240328_134753.jpg

20240328_134758.jpg

20240328_134801.jpg

20240328_134907.jpg

Entirely up to you how you see fit, there's no right or wrong - I don't know a definitive answer

Personally I would probably do a little defol to open it up and cut the foxtail tips to stop them from producing more white flower - in other words, shift focus onto the lower buds, try to get them to finish properly

You could just wait but you might be there quite a while longer and I'd be getting impatient to get on with the next grow
I am Mr patience. Until this. 😂

This shit stresses me out. Because I can't just reprogram it and walk Away knowing it was the right decision.

Figured I would leave a photo of my two plants that are left. One could have two weeks left or less...but I really don't know because it's a mixed strain from two plants already grown. So it could be shorter or way longer than that.

And another plant that has a huge yeild on it but who knows if it will be destroyed before it's all over. And it definitely isn't mature yet. The other three photos show no where near finished buds again

20240328_135903.jpg

20240328_141718.jpg

20240328_141658.jpg

20240328_141650.jpg

Back
Top Bottom