Now that NYS allows cultivation, what strains have the least smell?

i have 2 different filters, even tried them both at the same time. The strain I was growing was blue cheese and it stunk link a skunk, permeated the whole house

VIVOSUN 4 Inch Air Carbon Filter​

AC Infinity Air Carbon Filter 4" with Premium Australian Virgin Charcoal
I see your problem right there, Australian charcoal is not near as good as that from the west side of the Nile in Namibia, of course I am joking.:D
My 4x4x80 is in the basement. I have 5 plants in there and vent the tent with a charcoal filter into an unused part of basement. The smell was around but not much, but I must open it up to service my plants. I don't have a sophisticated nose and can't smell many of the nuances except the dog shit in Poochie Love, and some of the pine and lemon scents. For the past few weeks I have been carrying a GSC Extreme in and out of the house, as sunlight is getting limited, into its third week of budding and has what I would call a dank smell. Anyone entering my house would smell it but I don't care. It is not legal where I live, but who is going to fuck with an old man?:rofl:

Maybe a lot of beans and cheap beer may work.
It’s simple maths.

Smell of grow - (minus) Anger of non growing partner divided by noticeability to neighbours

Thought everyone knew Sniff minus Arrgh divided by Sssssh or is it just me? 😂🤟

I see your problem right there, Australian charcoal is not near as good as that from the west side of the Nile in Namibia, of course I am joking.:D
My 4x4x80 is in the basement. I have 5 plants in there and vent the tent with a charcoal filter into an unused part of basement. The smell was around but not much, but I must open it up to service my plants. I don't have a sophisticated nose and can't smell many of the nuances except the dog shit in Poochie Love, and some of the pine and lemon scents. For the past few weeks I have been carrying a GSC Extreme in and out of the house, as sunlight is getting limited, into its third week of budding and has what I would call a dank smell. Anyone entering my house would smell it but I don't care. It is not legal where I live, but who is going to fuck with an old man?:rofl:
For a 4X4 tent I use 6 inch carbon filter and no smell at all in my house. What is your CFM for you inline fan?? Walls of tent should slightly bow inwards.

For a 4X4 tent I use 6 inch carbon filter and no smell at all in my house. What is your CFM for you inline fan?? Walls of tent should slightly bow inwards.
My smell comes from the plant that is on my kitchen table as we speak, I had 2 too many for my tent. I have a four inch fan that came with the kit. I am happy and not concerned I am 73 and Butch is 67 so we don't have a revolving door out front. I just turned on the news and am very worried for Florida. Please, Floridian members secure your shit as best you can.

I don't want to make a poll or anything but reading some comments has caused me to wonder if the legality/illegality of receiving, buying seeds has deterred or encouraged anyone?
It has not effected me.
We aren’t allowed to do anything here but allowed to have seeds as souvenirs??? And shroom spores but no dried or fresh shrooms

We aren’t allowed to do anything here but allowed to have seeds as souvenirs??? And shroom spores but no dried or fresh shrooms
Didn’t answer your question just stated weird laws I live under. Apologies friend. No it hasn’t deterred me either

It’s simple maths.

Smell of grow - (minus) Anger of non growing partner divided by noticeability to neighbours

Thought everyone knew Sniff minus Arrgh divided by Sssssh or is it just me? 😂🤟
You mention Smell of grow- (minus) Anger,

I think the anger of non growing partner has a synergistic effect on smell and exacerbates the notice-ability of neighbors if the n/g partner is a screamer.

I don't want to make a poll or anything but reading some comments has caused me to wonder if the legality/illegality of receiving, buying seeds has deterred or encouraged anyone?
It has not effected me.

I don't think it will deter people. This just shows how effed up the state is in how they handle the legalization.

I don't think it will deter people. This just shows how effed up the state is in how they handle the legalization.
In Ontario Canada we have legal seeds sold by the government stores OCS theres litterly like 4-5 licensed producers of seeds we have to choose from and almost all the strains that are feminized have no thc or really low thc.

Atchully a joke how they legalized but dont give these genetic companies a chance for us to grow there seeds legally.

In Ontario Canada we have legal seeds sold by the government stores OCS theres litterly like 4-5 licensed producers of seeds we have to choose from and almost all the strains that are feminized have no thc or really low thc.

Atchully a joke how they legalized but dont give these genetic companies a chance for us to grow there seeds legally.
I remember when B.C. broke through with fantastic prize winners, I don't live in Canada but a medical use state without thc limitation but no legal seeds or growth for individuals. I have bought seeds from the USA and Europe, so Canadians should have no more problem than me which was none.

The final step is to outline the final result of Total CFM calculation for your grow tent / room and to note required sizes for extractor and intake fans. Extraction fans are responsible for removing air and intake fans are responsible for bringing fresh air inside. The intake fan has to be 15% less powerful than the exhaust fan. This is because there should be negative pressure present in the grow tent / room.

Total CFM of Grow Room
184.7 run at full speed

Extractor Fan Size

Intake Fan Size

If you have negative pressure side walls of grow tent will be sucked in a little is all. Thats why I use a 6 Inch Charcoal filter and 6-inch inline fan as you can run on 3 or 4 speed out of 10. Can't even hear it running. But what you have will work fine but realize you will lose some of that 190 CFM if that is what its rated for is all. Plus, duct work and bends in duct will also cause CFMs to drop.

Figures are for 4' X4' X 6'-foot Tent

Many Calculators out there for Grow Tent CFM's

Back
Top Bottom