Now that NYS allows cultivation, what strains have the least smell?

My wife objects to the smell of growing pot plants. I was wondering what strain has the least smell while still remaining potent?
Hi dba.

I always suggest Blueberry. It is a euphoric and energetic high and the smell is quite berry like. I also grew Bubblegum and Cookies Haze that were very sweet smelling. Sirius Black smells like a fruit forest. Gelato smells like Thin Mint GSC. Durban Poison has a Cherry Pie parent, Pink Panties is also a pleasant aroma. Just a few....all are strong strains. Steer clear of Diesels and Skunk lineage

My wife objects to the smell of growing pot plants. I was wondering what strain has the least smell while still remaining potent? And I am referring to the smell of the growing plant.
I'm going to tell you the true facts...no matter what strain you grow anything can happen. I have a strain right now and pheno 1 smells of pinesol...pheno 2 smells of a spicy wine...they even look different but same "strain"

20220920_104513.jpg

I'm going to tell you the true facts...no matter what strain you grow anything can happen. I have a strain right now and pheno 1 smells of pinesol...pheno 2 smells of a spicy wine...they even look different but same "strain"
The way around this is to buy clones from a reputable nursery. One where you can see and smell the actual finished product from each pheno of each strain.

When did NYS make it illegal to grow? for the homegrower?

Beginning on October 5, 2022, qualified patients will be able to home-cultivate up to six plants (only three mature) per private residence. State regulators approved the rules on April 14, 2022, though they have yet to take effect.
So something new for "medical" side of things folks.

Saw a bunch in my search about folks confused with can legally have in possession meaning dried product, with being able to legally grow it. Not sure if WA finally allowed growing too, as they were a long time legal Rec State but you still couldn't grow your own. It takes them awhile to figure out all the rules, along with them changing them multiple times, as not really a "template" yet and they use parts of other legal states guidelines or just make up their own that don't make sense either ;) :rofl: like here in OR when you could grow your own but you couldn't legally buy seeds or clones yet ;) it had to be "magic" beans I guess :rofl:.

I'm in NJ, we can't grow either. Or so they say....lol

I did some digging and found that you should search for strains high in these terpenes as they provide the sweet/fruit/candy aromas: caryophyllene, terpinolene, and myrcene

I'm in NJ, we can't grow either. Or so they say....lol

I did some digging and found that you should search for strains high in these terpenes as they provide the sweet/fruit/candy aromas: caryophyllene, terpinolene, and myrcene
I'd throw limonene in there too. Smells like lemons, and sometimes has an interaction with another terpene (don't know which) to smell like limes.

I'd throw limonene in there too. Smells like lemons, and sometimes has an interaction with another terpene (don't know which) to smell like limes.
Great point which leads me to another strain, Gorilla Glue Super Lemon Haze. It literally smelled like sweet pinesol. I harvested it in March and the container I had kept it in still smells like you opened a bottle of pinesol when you take the lid off

i know of no nurseries for pot plants in western ny
That link is just talking about Hemp and folks classified as a Farmer, so no THC to speak of in it allowed and sometimes even using Hemp seeds you can end up the plant(s) go over that % allowed. My Sister worked for a Hemp grower that was trying to make seeds for that, well or a switched Cannabis grower that switched back as the whole Hemp thing was a pain in the backside and too many folks jumped the bandwagon and there was a glut of product and prices tanked (same problem Rec States end up with as they give out too many licenses to grow legal and market tanks as 3x what was sold the previous year was grown the next year, can find $40 oz's here and that the Rec price so 20% less at some dispensaries if you have Med card like my Sister).

I'm going to say everything in a nutshell:
"Get me out of this nutshell! It's dark and scary!!"

NYS does not allow home growing without a license; this was discussed elsewhere. a limited number of licenses were sold to people. that's it.

for the rest of us, it is still illegal.

When it does become illegal to grow at home, for personal use, I will still keep it a secret for a few years.

I'm going to say everything in a nutshell:
"Get me out of this nutshell! It's dark and scary!!"

NYS does not allow home growing without a license; this was discussed elsewhere. a limited number of licenses were sold to people. that's it.

for the rest of us, it is still illegal.

When it does become illegal to grow at home, for personal use, I will still keep it a secret for a few years.
staring Oct 5th 2022 it will be legal for people to do home cultivation with a MMJ card in NYS

certification is free in NY, My wife and I are BOTH certified :)
I’m in the UK. 2 months into prescribed medical cannabis. Laws have changed but absolutely no one has been told. Even the police are playing catch up with it.

Back
Top Bottom