Nuttyprofessor & The Red Light & Pot District

Are the LED wattages the actual wattage that it uses or is it equivilent to the wattage of an HPS? LED's are supposed to use hardly any power at all.

you always take off about a third of the actul watts , they use very little power , all four of them lights o plus my intakes and whats on in the house is 20p per hour
a hps would light my caravan up light a beacon in the winter lol

Are the LED wattages the actual wattage that it uses or is it equivilent to the wattage of an HPS? LED's are supposed to use hardly any power at all.

It's really hard to estimate what an LED actually draws, as it depends on the manufacturer. The LEDs are capable of being driven at the full power (ex: a "300W" pulling 300W), but the manufacturers put in power supplies that limit the power to less than full capacity. I have an older Mars 100x3w which draws about 180W, so it's about 60% of it's listed equivalence.

Driving them at lower power does extend the life of the diodes, and since you are targeting specific wavelengths with LEDs, they have a better quality of light for the plant than HPS. BUT you get a lot more quantity of light from an HPS, as well as more penetration, etc. They both have their pros/cons, but I love my LEDs and they run cool! You didn't ask for the technical details, but there you go in case you're interested!

@Nutty - Looking great, by the way! You have quite the jungle!

yea nutty were here and sitting in the back row with popcorn just watchin the show. in private message when you respond i would like to run something by you about a strain x strain i want to create. have yet to see it done and i am certain you would love to chat back and forth on this idea.

Cheers Nutty

had problems with net agai ..
any ways here some pics , ive 3 ready to harvest , then should be 3 next week and 3 week after , then there should be another 5 ready for christmas, but as i chop ill re seed so ive a harvest each month . im hoping to have 5 plants ready each month :)

P1080285.JPG
P1080286.JPG
P1080287.JPG
P1080290.JPG

the ones behind

P1080289.JPG

Nice work mate top job.im using led,s now in my new grow in my sig;) happy so far.and here is my first mainlined plant i showed u abit ago her buds are getting big;)
DSC_14644.JPG
DSC_14673.JPG

mould is a bummer !!!! next year i plan on doing autos only out side , at least they will get a chance to finish .
yes Farmer all good mate .
think my next plan is to find one of these autos i like the shape of and how much it will produce then im planning on selfing it .
im also bit busy planning a massive new years eve party to celebrate the life of two good friend i lost .
in the middle of moving house so its all madness lol

Back
Top Bottom