OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1LB!?

Re: OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1

i have and do digitol and chemical testing. and digitol can through ya off. if ya purchase a cheep one over time it will not give good readings. i back up my test with the chem drops but haveing a good ballpark reading is what ya want.
between 6.0 and 7.0 it is ten times for every 0.1 so if a meters prob goes bad or out of calibration you can kill your plants. if ya have some $$$ get one that has changeable probs and calibration ability. but i do prefer the 3 drops in a vial and never had a problem . even my meters are right on acurate and calibratible[because of my former profession.] i have tested millions of gallons of water and adjusted millions of gallons. so it is easy for me.

Re: OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1

gairbud,
That's great and everything, but I'm not sure what you are getting at with those last three posts.
I understand what you're talking about with the molasses. So are you saying that your tests in your "lab" proved that molasses doesn't do anything? or it does? Most people use molasses for the sugars to use as carbs and to help increase resign production. People don't use it claiming that is supposed to increase yield. But is there somewhere that you're going with it, or just posting your experience?
Have you thought about starting a journal here at 420? so you can post up your personal experiences and tests?
I'm sure lots of people would be interested.

just posting that all in all i havnt did enough with molases and other sugars used in soil or hydro. i did a small experiment and compared to the same crops not useing it no apparent reason for me to change what i was doing already. i do susgest this that many have had good sucess with it way too many to say it isnt good or bad. it is just that what i do the way i grow plants it dosent need to be in my regimine my plants seem to get enough of all they need... i used clones with and without in identical labs identical in every way ecxept one with no malasses. and i did both indica and sativa experiments. in hydro systems. the only reason i did it was to try it out cause alot of friends had tryed it and swear buy the diference ect. so i followed what one of them told me and had no apparent diferance in the sativas at all and the indicas i had small brown tips on the clones without molases and no brown tips with it. other then that nothing else was diferent. all my testers and clients could not tell any diferance and the samples were labeled by me. i have a really good study groop of testers. they get stuff from me for free. and they all stick to a scitific method i use to determine if a product i am doing is worht continuing or not. all the stuff i do comes out bomb ass killer shit. and all of it is very sought out. just when i have them grade it and compare it with what is out there and to other stuff i have i get a good report from them all.i took me years to find the right testers of indica and sativas i went thru hundreds of people over the years. so when someone gave ya a 4 gram bag of killer stuff that looks like a quarter and asks ya to test it and gives ya a sheet with instructions to follow then ya reward them with more for free after the test ya tend to get some who will follow directions and fill out the survey acording to the directions. so when i say no noticeble diference. it means what i am alredy doing is as good or better then what is susgested. and i love experimenting and seeing the results. i am always looking for a better easyer way. and i got to be able to prove it. so i do. that is how after 35 years+ growing not much is out there that i havent tryed or a few close growers i know have tryed. and they know my methods and i know theirs ... as far as my brain is concerned the jury in my brain on molases is still out. but i can recomend it as i have seen no harm and many report good results. i am just doing it right and dont need the boost of carbs cause the way i am doing it they get all they want and need. that is my conclusion so far and in the future i will be testing it again. right now i see no need to for what i am doing. :) i hope ya dont think i am disrespecting you. you asked me to explain further and seemed to be unclear of what i said so i wrote back. i am sorry if unclear...:) but i am willing to always try new ways. just some of them are not new to me. this one with molases is a newer one and tryed it just over 2 years ago. some humbolt buddys said i should try it. so i did. :):peace:

To each their own..
I mean no disrespect at all.
But if you've got over 35+ years of growing experience?
Why don't you start a journal or two?
Teach some of these young grasshoppers how to grow some cannabis!

To each their own..
I mean no disrespect at all.
But if you've got over 35+ years of growing experience?
Why don't you start a journal or two?
Teach some of these young grasshoppers how to grow some cannabis!

i have many many logs and journals. i am in the process of starting a new one from building a system to final product tests and consumer surveys. so yes. i do post pic progress every few days and my gallery has some of the progress. i however need to learn how to make the journal for this site. as i have everything in microsoft word and notes. so putting a journal here will be a new experiance for me. and quite a bit of time to compile it in a fassion that others can readily use and understand. that will take me some time as i reseach and read others on this site to compare and compile the best way for me to do it. i have such a humungus amount of info. guides cheet sheets from water adjustments to drying and curing processes and most of what i do is just record day or week to week progress and tests. i been doing it for so long it is like breathing to me. and i want to make it simpler as i TMI most people to head aches.lol . but i have compiled alot of simpler info, charts and stuff and find that there are quite a few books out there with the info already there. technical stuff. so i try to put things in a common laymen terms that most will see and understand. and have it all with links to products or info that is easy to find and read. i have been a tech in mechanical for a long time and now in the finacial business and i self study alot to where most get a head ache just hearing what i do to educate and prove stuff. lmao. and i already consider you a friend so you cant disrespect me and i never mean to seem to disrespect you or others. i am so very happy you coment to my posts and give me good advice on how to act in this social media. i can always use the help there. most offten i meet people who others i trust and they trust and after they try my stuff they are all ears and i get to play with their stuff and show them how to max it out. all the way thru the process. it is so fun to see the lights come on in someone elses head at how simple growing mj really is one i get them to a point to just learn from the plant they like. i see many people saying they build tolerance to their favorite stuff and i know i can show them that the plants themself will be very diferent at diferent stages and if they really learn there plant and especially the tricome changes they will get a very diferent high from the same clones just knowing their plants. and will take years to build up a tolerance if they ever really do once they understand the plants they like best. i always encourage growing seed and mixing a new strain into your favorite once you know the plants basic cycle. and the diferent stages mj can produce from the same plant. sorry for the long reply that is just who i am and try to not over do it with most people. i have seen your stuff and can say you have enough knowledge to produce killer shit with anything you grow. try some bag seed and max it out. bag seed is where i find the best gene pool to develope the super killer stuff. way more posibilities in bag seed. i grew alot of bag seed with my stuff this past year[just for fun] and the results were killer. i love growing bag seed every so often cause it gives ya much greater posibilities and seeing mj genetics changeing is very interesting to me.

i have many many logs and journals. i am in the process of starting a new one from building a system to final product tests and consumer surveys. so yes. i do post pic progress every few days and my gallery has some of the progress. i however need to learn how to make the journal for this site. as i have everything in microsoft word and notes. so putting a journal here will be a new experiance for me. and quite a bit of time to compile it in a fassion that others can readily use and understand. that will take me some time as i reseach and read others on this site to compare and compile the best way for me to do it. i have such a humungus amount of info. guides cheet sheets from water adjustments to drying and curing processes and most of what i do is just record day or week to week progress and tests. i been doing it for so long it is like breathing to me. and i want to make it simpler as i TMI most people to head aches.lol . but i have compiled alot of simpler info, charts and stuff and find that there are quite a few books out there with the info already there. technical stuff. so i try to put things in a common laymen terms that most will see and understand. and have it all with links to products or info that is easy to find and read. i have been a tech in mechanical for a long time and now in the finacial business and i self study alot to where most get a head ache just hearing what i do to educate and prove stuff. lmao. and i already consider you a friend so you cant disrespect me and i never mean to seem to disrespect you or others. i am so very happy you coment to my posts and give me good advice on how to act in this social media. i can always use the help there. most offten i meet people who others i trust and they trust and after they try my stuff they are all ears and i get to play with their stuff and show them how to max it out. all the way thru the process. it is so fun to see the lights come on in someone elses head at how simple growing mj really is one i get them to a point to just learn from the plant they like. i see many people saying they build tolerance to their favorite stuff and i know i can show them that the plants themself will be very diferent at diferent stages and if they really learn there plant and especially the tricome changes they will get a very diferent high from the same clones just knowing their plants. and will take years to build up a tolerance if they ever really do once they understand the plants they like best. i always encourage growing seed and mixing a new strain into your favorite once you know the plants basic cycle. and the diferent stages mj can produce from the same plant. sorry for the long reply that is just who i am and try to not over do it with most people. i have seen your stuff and can say you have enough knowledge to produce killer shit with anything you grow. try some bag seed and max it out. bag seed is where i find the best gene pool to develope the super killer stuff. way more posibilities in bag seed. i grew alot of bag seed with my stuff this past year[just for fun] and the results were killer. i love growing bag seed every so often cause it gives ya much greater posibilities and seeing mj genetics changeing is very interesting to me.

Right!:rofl:So where are these so-called journals??? You haven't posted any here at:420:

Its not hard to make a journal. Just make a title and upload pictures. Im pretty sure nobody would mind the sloppyness of the journal. We just would like to see your plants and test that you run. I didnt know you can put molasses in hydro???? I thought that would for sure the sugar will build up unwanted bacteria. :scratchinghead::scratchinghead::scratchinghead:

I didnt know you can put molasses in hydro???? I thought that would for sure sugar will build up unwanted bacteria. :scratchinghead::scratchinghead::scratchinghead:

Me either, I thought it was a bad idea with hydro as well.
Maybe gairbud knows something we don't, and can shed some light on the situation to clear things up a bit.
Seeing as he has test "labs" and data supporting his tests..

I think social etiquette is pretty important when supplying information to people around here. But not vital.
If you know what you are talking about and have actual data to support your findings then that's good! Bring it!
But I'll tell you right now, if you roll up here talking about how "bomb ass" your stuff is and how it's so sought after. You're not going to gain a lot of respect of the 420 magazine community, especially without having a single journal up.
And again, I mean no disrespect to you.
I think the best way to approach us here is to post a journal. Don't worry about spending lot's of time comparing your info with what others are doing first. Write about what "you" are doing ONLY, based on what you have learned, and let the community come to you with their questions. I mean that's how we all have learned so much here, trial and error, constructive criticism, asking question, and research..
With 35+ years of growing experience, I'm sure you have a wealth of knowledge. But are you intentions here at 420 magazine to teach others, and be of help to the growing community? or to talk about your experience.
big difference..

i treat hydro with either sub due or hydrogen peroxide and also use viniger from time to time to wipe serfaces clean in the hydro systems so bac and fungus not a problem. i also add micro brew to it but if your biologicals are good you wont have an issue with the harmfull bacs. also have used fish tank microbes they work very good at keeping o2 levals high in your water and they eat the bad stuff too. if useing aqurium products in water treatment only use the stuff thats for aqurium plants. before tearing down my fish tanks 4 years ago that was all i used for years was fish tank water[when doing a weekly water change] and treatments for my hydro labs.
hardly used nutes and added superthrive. and my plants came out really good. i had put off crossing and was just producing for awhile the same stuff for a few years then was asked to grow some special stuff by a few dif growers a few years back. about the time autos were making a comeback i had done the l.a. lowrider stuff really impresive rudy hybred. so if ya know your bacterias and and who eats who ect then bacs are easy to controll. my fish tanks were acidic cause i bred south american fish for years[hobby] ... fish tank water has lots of good stuff in it if your doing regular changes of the same amount weekly for the same fish. your balance is good especaily if doing a live plant tank. i have even grown mj right in the tank strait in the water just tied the top out of the water and the plant did really well and the fish trimmed roots all the time had the plant trellised about 3 feet never got buds but did have flowers all over and strechy cause of poor lighting . but it grew good . eventually the plant died as i added some extra new fish to get them to pair off and they ate up most the roots in a few days . i used peat blocks to adjust the water in the fish tanks and peat blocks for the hydro and almost never had to adjust ph. i quit useing peat cause it plugged up the sprayers from time to time. and got tired of haveing to clean them even with filters and screens still had a problem so i switched to adjusting when needed in the hydro systems. but yes fish tank water was used by me for several years.

30-30-30 regular miricle grow one table spoon for 25 gallons was all the added nutes to the fish tank water used. extra water was dumped into my out door veg garden. still today all my water changes go to the outdoor garden to water it.
evrything outside in my back yard grows like crazy. every 2 years i put powder laudry soap and diatamacious earth in the soil when i compost it all over winter.

That's good info about he fish tank biologicals G.
Crazy that you actually grew a plant in the fish tank!
:thumb:

Hey Vic just thought I'd run thru and see whats up. WOW alittle drama huh? Talk baseball. JK I see you been over at Jon's thread, is he mad at the world or something? People have to realize there is all kinds for sure. Love the scog setup. Sending ya rep's for the Holidays++ I seen one guy that uses wire ties to fasten his plant to the screen. He was doing his training across the top of the screen instead of the bottom. Kind of like LST'ing to the top of the screen. Dude he got a good crop off it but sure seemed like more work than was needed. Looking forward to seeing some buddage soon Well my OG is up and growing. I eneded up with 2 clones off that plant I had to restart. Man I didn't have but 10-12 little pieces of green to start with, so I feel lucky it made it. But it really is a weed and can over come alot of things. Well I'm otta here Keepem Green

Hey Vic just thought I'd run thru and see whats up. WOW alittle drama huh? Talk baseball. JK I see you been over at Jon's thread, is he mad at the world or something? People have to realize there is all kinds for sure. Love the scog setup. Sending ya rep's for the Holidays++ I seen one guy that uses wire ties to fasten his plant to the screen. He was doing his training across the top of the screen instead of the bottom. Kind of like LST'ing to the top of the screen. Dude he got a good crop off it but sure seemed like more work than was needed. Looking forward to seeing some buddage soon Well my OG is up and growing. I eneded up with 2 clones off that plant I had to restart. Man I didn't have but 10-12 little pieces of green to start with, so I feel lucky it made it. But it really is a weed and can over come alot of things. Well I'm otta here Keepem Green

Yeah man,
But it's all good.
Stoked the journal ended by the time things got weird.. lol

jon's just trying to run his setup!
All the power to him.
Managing a scrog that big would be a full time job for me, so he's got my full respect for rocking it..
I think with tying, weather it's top or bottom, is a lot of work.
In this next grow of mine I'll have the option to tie bottom, middle, or top, (or all 3) all with each individual plant.
Stoked to hear your OG is off and running too, that's awesome.
Here's to a fresh year of growing this amazing plant....
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, & Happy Holidays to you wood.
Thanks for the drive by.
and thanks for the reps!!
:thumb::thumb:

Hanna Instruments has a great ph pen, the PH-200 is really super easy to calibrate. So much easier than the previous model I had. Got it used on eBay for 39 bucks shipped. 29 for the pen + 10 for s/h. I think they are averaging 75-79 before tax and s/h. I'd buy it again in a second. What I would like to get for my upcoming RDWC is a continuos meter to hang on the wall, any suggestions?
Thanks

Hanna Instruments has a great ph pen, the PH-200 is really super easy to calibrate. So much easier than the previous model I had. Got it used on eBay for 39 bucks shipped. 29 for the pen + 10 for s/h. I think they are averaging 75-79 before tax and s/h. I'd buy it again in a second. What I would like to get for my upcoming RDWC is a continuos meter to hang on the wall, any suggestions?
Thanks

That meter you got is super rad. I wish I had one of those, but my little Milwaukee pH 600 and Milwaukee CD 600 PPM meter work pretty good for me. I calibrate weekly.
But if I was to get a 3 in one wall mount for a RDWC res, I'd get one of these.
The Nutradip Tri-Meter (CMS) Continuous Monitoring System Meter

Picture_261.png

Back
Top Bottom