Oh No - It's A Green Hole! - Reverse Thrusters! - Dammit - Too Late!

WC: I like your approach! It's where I'm at now, since my family isn't partaking of the fruits of my labor much anymore. I started this hobby in order to ensure that what they smoked was safe, with no toxic chemicals. Now I am enjoying growing them, but I need a really good excuse to keep putting money into the hobby.

I have since scaled down my operations from small about 10) to tiny (about 6), and am harvesting just for me, which takes the pressure off. Whatever I get goes into capsules for now, but I will try cannabudder again and try again to make cookies.

Yeah, I've been laying a bit low lately, and the FAQ is kind of losing it's appeal at times because if you're ever going to meet an obnoxious 420 member that hasn't been banned yet- that's where you'll find them.
I've gotten myself mixed up in this solo cup thing now and need a place to put it, if they live more than a couple weeks, so I may make a mini journal for it if things aren't looking too embarrassing. Another problem I haven't mentioned yet is that I don't have a lit space for the solo cups. The only space there is would be the center aisle between the two 600s. I may have the wattage available to hang a flourescent light above that. If I had a smallish led I would try that, but I don't... Something like yours would be perfect.

Yeah, I've been laying a bit low lately, and the FAQ is kind of losing it's appeal at times because if you're ever going to meet an obnoxious 420 member that hasn't been banned yet- that's where you'll find them.
I've gotten myself mixed up in this solo cup thing now and need a place to put it, if they live more than a couple weeks, so I may make a mini journal for it if things aren't looking too embarrassing. Another problem I haven't mentioned yet is that I don't have a lit space for the solo cups. The only space there is would be the center aisle between the two 600s. I may have the wattage available to hang a flourescent light above that. If I had a smallish led I would try that, but I don't... Something like yours would be perfect.
Ya know I saw you mention a solo cup before and I wasn't quite sure what you were doing lol. Did i miss something or what lol. With my little led you could grow quite a few solo cup plants lol. It wasn't a bad price for that light either (you know me i don't like to spend money if i don't have to lol) but ya I would be interested to see you make a mini journal for it. What was it that made you want to grow in a solo cup? Definitely a change from your usually plants lol.

It's because of this competition here which looks very fun. Solo Cup Comp - Bring It!. Check it out maybe you'll want to enter something :)
It's mostly just making life difficult for myself but I could learn a lot of new tricks, and will try a bunch of new strains without the pain of flowering them big. If I like some of them I can always reveg them and grow them bigger. I may try a Mama Thai, which would give a good idea of how easy, or not, it is to control outside a scrog.

Ok ya I will check it out. It's gotta be pretty weird for you to go from growing big scrog plants to a solo cup plant lol.

When it comes right down to it, I really don't know AK. No doubt they'll be stunted a bit. Well, I certainly hope so or it's going to be ridiculous. At this point they're just sprouts. They are vegging under 12/12 lighting (contest rules) and so they will grow more slowly.

The contest officially starts on Monday (plants must be sprouted and in flowering room by then) and if I think I'll have the time to do it I'll start a mini journal and post the link here, though I'm not personally expecting much as I'm trying so many new things and won't be around much to fine tune the system. If my autowatering setup doesn't work throughout the grow I can certainly expect them to die right away as they'll need watering every day.

Solo Cup Comp - Bring It!

I would think that a journal on SOLO cup growing will be short, so yeah, you have the option of tacking onto the end of this one, or creating a short journal.

You won't have to water every day if you put them in a large clear plastic bag or cover them with a clear "tent". They should last days on their own.

The mediums I've chosen to grow in are- coco, perlite (hempy), and rockwool. So I'm taking a stab at drain to waste hydro growing, and all these mediums (well, maybe not the hempies but they'll have to be on the same watering/feeding system) apparently function best when being watered a couple times a day.

The mediums I've chosen to grow in are- coco, perlite (hempy), and rockwool. So I'm taking a stab at drain to waste hydro growing, and all these mediums (well, maybe not the hempies but they'll have to be on the same watering/feeding system) apparently function best when being watered a couple times a day.

Didn't you just say that you would not be around to water regularly? How are you going to water twice a day?

image35968.jpg

Oh- yes I mentioned an auto-watering system. I put an electric pump in a bucket, and rigged it up some parts I've had kicking around for ages. The pump sends water/nutes up through the white pipe, to a manifold (the black shiny thing) which splits the flow into eight 1/4" lines. I set the timer to come on for one minute- so far just once every three days or so. Once I get plants well established, if they make it through the next week or so, I won't have to baby them so much and will set it to come on 2 or 3 times a day.

Back
Top Bottom