The Hexapus's Garden

Thanks Santb, I will for sure. :thumb:
I asked the mods myself to remove some of the last part of my journal, which was kind of a misunderstanding about where 420 was coming from. I think the misunderstanding was understandable, but I also thought I would like to keep the journal on track, as much as it ever was on track. I'll PM you if you need more of an explanation but I think you got the gist of it already.

Was surprised to see it gone but I get why it was you who removed it... No biggie; as I said, you're still around, so I knew it got sorted somehow; good to see you still around!

Cheers weaseley, from zihiat,, beanas Dias amigo,, adios

Sneaking in a couple pics.
Everything still crowded together under the one 600w light. Hopefully the replacement ballast will arrive soon.
IMG_68756.JPG

Panama is a real princess. In the good sense of the term.
IMG_68744.JPG

She's purtty.. :thumb: subbin.
Sorry I missed so much but I'm here now and that's what matters. :circle-of-love:
Sorry about the pesky root rot and I hope you get that ballast replaced soon. I've always thought about getting a back up because if mine died I would probably end up at the hydro shop paying their outrageous price for a ballast. Best of luck:thumb:

Hey Twox, of the beautiful Blackberry buds (which I would like to order seeds of but might not because I didn't like the comment that it's difficult to trim). Excuse the late welcome, my girlfriend came over and that was pretty much the end of 420 time for a while. Anyway, very cool to see you here. The journal is completed, so yeah, you're pretty late. But better late than never. I'll start a new journal soon. Just haven't been feeling it, in terms of writing anything interesting or starting off the next journal on a suitably positive note, as I've been doing other stuff, stuck in my cabin having some 'dead of winter time' here. Busy taking on the evil corporations that have been trying to take over our home turf, which is a full time job and pretty intense. I think we're winning at this point too so that's cool. At least it feels good trying. . As days lengthen and the weather eases up a little here people start to come out of their holes a bit more, and the annual winter fever lightens a lot, and then I think I'll feel more like journaling. I never dug my potatoes in the fall because winter descended in a hurry, froze us and snowed on us and never really let up until yesterday. Usually it's pretty warm here and rarely even freezes so my potatoes keep well in the ground. I tried digging some a few days ago. Got about 8" down with a pickaxe before I gave up, and it was still like chipping granite. Shards of frozen soil hitting me in the face. Sorry potatoes, you're on your own.
Blah blah blah....:laughtwo:
Anyway- new journal as soon as possible. I'll post a link here. I've got so much stuff going on in the grow right now that it's difficult having nowhere much to post photos of things. I've been doing the FAQ circuit instead to keep myself entertained. Looking forward to starting up my own thing again.

PS. I always used to think your name rhymes with fox. I figured it out eventually, but can't seem to train my mind to read it any other way. I guess 'cause I like it the first way better. So twox like fox it is, sorry.

It's all good... :thumb:
I figured as long as this journal was it might keep going and I noticed the end getting off track so I wanted to spread some love and send some positive vibes your way. I guess I didn't realize it was over.... I must have been really stoned that day.. lol. :blunt:
I'll keep a eye out for a new journal ,best of luck fighting the man and be careful with that pick axe, we wouldn't want you losing a eye over a potato.

P.S. lol, I pronounce it the same way. Twox like fox.. I thought it was pretty clever at the time but I was probably really stoned...

Cool. Well- nothing stops us from posting on it. I've just been restraining myself since it says 'completed' and all.
Thanks- yeah it took a bit of a dark turn there at the end of the year. The situation turned out positive all around though, I think. Here is a picture of one of two grafts I have going. I had a worried moment two days ago when I finally found out that the Panama, which is the rootstock, eats twice as much as the other two sativas (I assumed they would be the same for some reason). I've grown the other two lots but the Panama has been an unknown, and suffered accordingly. But local experts tell me that the plant will conform to the needs of the rootstock. So I should be able to feed it close to Panama levels and have it stay happy. I hope.

IMG_75245.JPG

Got about 8" down with a pickaxe before I gave up

Oh dude.... you're making me want to go change the shorts I'm currently sporting to full length pants this morning. I'll fight the urge.

I finally found out that the Panama, which is the rootstock, eats twice as much as the other two sativas (I assumed they would be the same for some reason). I've grown the other two lots but the Panama has been an unknown, and suffered accordingly. But local experts tell me that the plant will conform to the needs of the rootstock.

That's crazy-pants stuff. I never even considered the difference in nutrient levels between the graftees (graftors?).
Love to watch the experiments. Doesn't Light Addict have a graft thread growing? I assume you've seen?

Ha ha. This is nothing. I grew up where there was real cold.
I did some grafting a while back. I think it was at the tail end of my first journal but naturally I can't remember for sure, because it was more than three days ago. A person put forward the idea of grafting living plants by cutting the two stems most of the way through, at an angle. Opposite cuts so they fit together, then tie them up so they can't get away. I cut mine free after 9 days but I think I could have done it much sooner. The idea may have come from Cannafan possibly. I haven't really seen it anywhere online not that I looked super hard. The name of the guy who's journal it was on slips my mind at the moment. Very good guy but he had a freakout and left 420 unfortunately.
Anyway I decided to just go for it without doing any research. I got a graft going - Blueberry to Mama Thai. Then I ripped it off a couple weeks later by accident.because I wasn't paying attention. It had a funny spur that stuck out, and that was its downfall.

I joined LA's journal after that when he was talking about grafting. Didn't stick around long enough to see him get a graft working but I'm sure he's completely kicking ass by now.

I think there may be some drawbacks to the highly abnormal way I'm grafting since the tissues don't line up well and they look ridiculous. But the plants don't seem to know the difference and seem to be growing happily. It's very weird actually. Check this out.
IMG_75238.JPG

The plants seem to try and spit each other out, so there don't seem to be much actual contact there.

EDIT. - I finally tracked down the source. That was awfully close to being work finding it. It was on Dankwolf's journal which is here-. DankWolf's Den Of The Bizarre & Obscure
He got banned. There is quite a lot of grafting discussion there- theoretical in nature.
Yes the post I seized upon was from Cannafan. I'll go thank her someday. She found the info on the internet somewhere.

I've always wanted to try grafting. This thread might be the push I needed. LOL

I found a little clip on the net with a method worth pondering:
Grafting

Grafting of Cannabis is very simple. Several seedlings can be grafted together into one to produce very interesting specimen plants. One procedure starts by planting one seed ling each of several separate strains close together in the same container, placing the stock (root plant) for the cross in the center of the rest. When the seedlings are four weeks old they are ready to be grafted. A diagonal cut is made approximately half-way through the stock stem and one of the scion (shoot) seedlings at the same level. The cut portions are slipped together such that the inner cut surfaces are touching. The joints are held with a fold of cellophane tape. A second scion from an adjacent seedling may be grafted to the stock higher up the stem. After two weeks, the unwanted portions of the grafts are cut away. Eight to twelve weeks are needed to complete the graft, and the plants are maintained in a mild environment at all times. As the graft takes, and the plant begins to grow, the tape falls off.

Not sure about that '8-12 weeks' bit. Maybe a typo I guess

This has always been a topic of mine and a couple buddies and it always ended up the same way we all said we would do it but never do I'm glad you got it going and it looks to be working pretty well !!! Live-Love-Learn

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks Crud, and Skate. Welcome to the forum Cruderalis. It's 'some sort of' grafting. Pretty sure it's a weird sort. But all the better if it works. I like the weird ones.
I really should try it find time to work on that next journal.

I wonder what would happen if one grafted a Frisian Duck with a Dr.Grinspoon ?Neither one has your normal cannabis appearance.Bet you could grow it on your front porch and no one would notice it was cannabis.But I'm in the middle of a major move so no growing til after March or April.Think I'll leave the grafting to you and pick your brain later.
Say if as some states say you can have a number of clones but only a few full grown ones.If that was kept as a 'mother plant' then you'd have one plant with more than one strain.O.K. I'm starting to go down the rabbit hole with Alice just thinking of the possibilities.

Yes, that's right as far as I know. It sounds like it does cause some changes, and the rootstock influences the grafts, so maybe the buds will vary a litttle, which I'm looking forward to seeing. But a clone or a seed from the grafts would turn out the same as it would otherwise. Otherwise we'd be able to whip up our own gmo mix and match strains- immaculate conception.

Finished trimming, hurrah.
Actually she was a relatively easy one to trim. Most of the purple went with the sugar leaf, she's not nearly as dark as the PP was. I'll take some photos of the buds when they're dry, in better light,. and see how they look.

image18033.jpeg

Looks lovely

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks man. I've got another screen full of that one up for harvest very soon. I'm just stretching her out- going to leave it long and see if those colours come out again.

My Tru-va vape pen arrived today. :party: :lot-o-toke:

Was giggling to myself at a little 420 detail I just noticed, with my heightened powers of observation (and of giggling...)

IMG_77054.JPG

Back
Top Bottom