Oldmanjj's First Run, Soil

I guess I have some work to do today, time to get the 3 gallon pots ready for the girls. Now seems like a great time since they just got a drink of water last night.

The girls have all been transplanted and are looking rather small in their new home.

After talking with Michigan Mediums, I decided to transplant into 5 gallon pots for veg. I may up pot them once more in veg depending on how fast they grow. Flower will get 10 gallon pots.

The small tent is now sitting all by itself, I may try and run a couple auto's in there to see what happens. Thinking I can get 2 autos in the 2x4 and possibly have some room for a few clones.

Thanks NTH, its a saucer with a riser that allows drainage and keeps the girls off the cold floor. Pot is just a plastic pot. I also think it will help keep the tent cleaner and mama off my back about the mess :snowboating:

Thanks NTH, its a saucer with a riser that allows drainage and keeps the girls off the cold floor. Pot is just a plastic pot. I also think it will help keep the tent cleaner and mama off my back about the mess :snowboating:
You have that tent so clean you could put it in a hospital! What brand are those saucers? Wondering if they make them big enough to sit a five gallon fabric pot on? I have slim pickings as far as stores around me so I’m looking to order something like that for my next grow. Thanks!

NTH

Well, it's been a week since transplant, the girls are looking good and growing like weeds!

Feel free to chime in if you see any issues. No nutes, only Michigan Mediums soil.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Well, it's been a week since transplant, the girls are looking good and growing like weeds!

Feel free to chime in if you see any issues. No nutes, only Michigan Mediums soil.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Only issue I see is they are too damn healthy/pretty. Haha. You definitely have it going your way jj.

NTH

Question, how much stock do you all put into VPD?

According to this article, I am yellow/red at 77F and 57% RH when the lights are on. I do have a single lady (Top left in pic) that is looking unhappy at the moment, could be under or over watered. Thoughts?

Last night the girls received an all expense paid trip to Mrs. JJ's salon and spa where they got a nice haircut. They are two weeks from the transplant out of solo cups and are really starting to grow nicely. Using the handy dandy VPD chart, they have been staying well in the green range running about 77F and 60 to a high of 70% RH. It's been really wet here in Michigan and I'm sick of the damned rain. Hopefully it stops soon and we can get out on the boat.

Here are the before pics:

and after:

We didn't want to get to aggressive with the haircut but it's time to try and get these ladies to bush out a little more. After a few days of recovery, we sill top them some more.

Ok, the ladies received another all expense paid trip to Mrs. JJ's salon and spa (If there are negative google reviews, we know where they came from).
I won't lie, it kinda hurt to defoliate them. Those large fan leaves were so nice but they were blocking bud sites. After all, buds are the goal so off they went.

I downloaded a lux app and checked at canopy height, it was 16.5k ish. I dialed the lights up from 40% to 50% and the new readings are 25.5K ish. We will see if the ladies like it.

The skunk here runt that I tried to kill is no longer the runt (2nd pic top left), that now belongs to the purple kush (1st pic top left). Next haircut will be about canopy control and more bud sites.

Girls are looking ok to me so far. They got a little drink last night - about 3oz each, enough to get a little runoff from each one. I won't water again for 3-4 days unless they show signs they are really dry.
Red Solo cup. I fill you up. Let's have a party! :volcano-smiley::smokin::bongrip::bong::ganjamon::hookah::lot-o-toke:

Welcome aboard HayStack, glad to have you.

This morning I noticed something weird on one of my girls. It is similar to another I saw when we defoliated a few days ago. At first I thought it was the wife being to aggressive with the scissors, now I'm not so sure. What's weird is the way the hole was made, it looks like it was peeled back, not eaten...any ideas?

@Emilya your thoughts?

Welcome aboard HayStack, glad to have you.

This morning I noticed something weird on one of my girls. It is similar to another I saw when we defoliated a few days ago. At first I thought it was the wife being to aggressive with the scissors, now I'm not so sure. What's weird is the way the hole was made, it looks like it was peeled back, not eaten...any ideas?

@Emilya your thoughts?

Probably just a tear... its easy to do. If it was a bug that section would be gone, not still hanging there.

Let me please weigh in at this point regarding water.
I have seen many supersoil grows go bad by not paying attention to the quality of the water coming in. Tap water is a bad thing, unless you have a way of bringing in new fresh microbes regularly to the grow. Chlorine products are put in our tap water for a reason... to kill microbes, and while it would take swimming pool concentrations of chlorine to instantly kill all the microbes in your soil, over time, tap water can put a big hit on your microherd working away in that soil.

If you are not using RO in this grow, then I strongly recommend using a microbial inoculation product occasionally so as to bolster up the population, or you may get to a point mid grow where the organic feeding cycle stops. Well water of course is good too, since there is no microbe killing chlorine in it.

Thanks for the info about the water. At this point I let the water sit for 24-48 hours before using it, I know it doesn't get rid of all forms of chlorine but I am doing what I can.
There is a filter system that I am considering for under sink that removes all forms of chlorine and fluoride, I just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Here it is: Frizzlife Under Sink Water Filter System SK99, 3-Stage 0.5 Micron High Precision Removes 99.99% Lead, Chlorine, chloramine, Fluoride

61o8KSLOKLL._SL1500_.jpg

Also, I have often noodled that the soil will need a boost at some point. That is the reason I didn't completely fill my pots with soil. The room is there on purpose so I can do a top dress type recharge if deemed necessary. Not sure if the space I have left will make a huge difference but I think it can't hurt.

Can you recommend a good inoculation product? Thanks for the help!!

Back
Top Bottom