Onwards & Upwards With Mr Am4zin

Glad to see you back with some sleep. Girls look happy to see you, too.:thumb:

:thumb:

She dont look to small mate :Namaste:
Jamaica is soo beautiful we have extended family there inbetween Negril an green island :circle-of-love:

She is fairly small for her pot size, I've grown the same size in 1 gallon. Light is in dire need of repair tho.
Jamaica is stunning, can't wait to get back there. :passitleft:

Girls are looking all good. My light needs some repair too.

Good to have you back..:bongrip:

I've got everything needed to repair mine, every blue led seems burned. I just need to find the time and a steady hand to set about doing it. I'm also gathering materials for my new veg space :slide:

Onwards And Upwards

So I'm free and back to some form of normality, so it's only right to start a fresh journal.

As usual I start with the basics...

What strain is it?

I have just 2 plants this run, I have a Fast Buds Pineapple Express Auto and Chocoloco from vision seeds. Those that have known me a while know I've tried to grow pineapple express before, twice in fact and both times they came up male. I'm hoping for better luck this time.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?

Chocoloco is a feminised sativa dominant hybrid 90/10.
Pineapple Express is a balanced hybrid

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?

just 1 baby at the moment, PEX is at day 2 above ground and Chocoloco hasn't come up yet. :dreamy:

Indoor or outdoor?

Indoor in a homemade wooden box measuring. W600mm x D600mm x H800mm or W24" x D24" x H30"

DSC_012222.JPG

DSC_098612.JPG

If soil... What size pot?

2 x 3 Gallon fabric pots filled with second run Los style soil that has been topped dressed with some Worm castings.

DSC_14162.JPG

Size of light?

Light is supplied by a Marsll 400w fitted into a cutout in the top of the box.

DSC_07479.JPG

DSC_09847.JPG

DSC_098511.JPG

Is it aircooled?

Exhaust is a small 4" fan and carbon filter.

Temp of Room/cab?

Temps are usually good, ranging from 70f at lights off to 84f at lights on

RH of Room/cab?

Normally quite high at between 50% and 80%

Any Pests ?

No but I'm armed and dangerous shoud any get brave.

Type and strength of ferts used?

Ferts will be provided by the soil, I will be feeding the soil a combination of aerated compost teas as required.

The Plan

I'm planning on installing a super low scrog screen in there at some point in the near future. I'm still looking for that sweet spot in maximising my space. Small veg space is still on the cards also.

Some pics of the girls will be uploaded later this evening.

Updates will be will be provided on an irregular schedule when time and consciousness allows. Until next time my friends :passitleft::passitleft:

Subbed in am4zin to learn as much as I can.
I would love any advice about soil and mineral suppliers in the U.K. as I'm struggling to source what I need to start ...

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Subbed in am4zin to learn as much as I can.
I would love any advice about soil and mineral suppliers in the U.K. as I'm struggling to source what I need to start ...

Welcome to my garden. I'll pm you a link to my soil supplier. :passitleft:

Thanks Mr Am4zin ...

No problem mon, I'll send that info when I get home from work. :passitleft:

Ooohhh can't wait to see what surprises are in-store!
Star dawg sounds fantastic

Not a big surprise, will be middle of next week before its ready but it's got me giddy.
Star Dawg is fantastic, by far my favourite strain, I just wish he would give me a cut :passitleft:

OK OK I've neglected my own journal for a bit too long now. Busy at work at busy at home didn't leave much time for gardening chores. For the last week or so I've done very little with the plants. I threw on a little water a couple of times and put some more ties on the chocoloco. Oh I took a clone too, my first one. I used the same method as SweetSue or should I say Sue Sweets and Toast. The chocoloco has started with some low down yellowing indicating a need for some nitrogen.

The pineapple express is marching on and looking real good. Getting frosty and showing no signs of slowing down.

DSC_045413.JPG

DSC_045612.JPG

DSC_045816.JPG

DSC_046012.JPG

DSC_04627.JPG

In other news........

After about a year of intense talks with the chief negotiating officer, I was finally granted approval for a separate veg space.
I was given the most inappropriate space that has its own set of challenges. The smallish cupboard is located 5ft up, in the bathroom. The 2 side walls are thin hardboard and tho top has no ceiling joists, so can't be nailed or drilled into. And it had no power! This became job number 1. I called in my electrician mate who put me a supply in there. After a couple of hours banging and drilling. Step 1 was completed.

Issue number 2, how to hang the light. Having walls you can't fix anything to forced me to build a frame to sit inside. I found a cheap canvas storage box online that was exactly the size I needed. Did away with the canvas and the poles and corners set up a nice fitting frame. Got the light hung and realised I need two of these 24w t5 sunblaster units. So I picked one up. Not got it hung up yet tho.

The last issue to sort was ventilation. With the only option for exhaust position being in the door, I picked up 4inch fan and vent cover, cut a hole in the door and attached the fan using velcro. Fitted some ducting and thought is sorted the problem.
WRONG! the chief negotiator stepped in with a noise complaint! I'm currently waiting on the delivery of a quiet running pc fan But here is where we are at now

DSC_044911.JPG

DSC_045010.JPG

DSC_045114.JPG

DSC_045314.JPG

DSC_045211.JPG

DSC_04668.JPG

DSC_046912.JPG

DSC_047017.JPG

DSC_04719.JPG

DSC_047411.JPG

DSC_047610.JPG

DSC_048311.JPG

I'm still working on what's going in there yet. Other than a chocoloco clone. I got lots of beans to go at tho.

:passitleft::passitleft:

Great to see you finally sorted a veg space mate, love the way you disguised that outlet in the door and if I can find something similar I may try and copy that. Are you enjoying the soil and is it still water only? I've just finished reading 'True Living Organics' by the rev and I've found out where I'm going wrong with my own soil so after this run things will be done properly. I would have bought into the one you're using but it's a bit too expensive for the amount I get through, maybe if the price comes down in the future I'll try a side by side of that vs the one I currently run (which will be tweaked). I'm doing a side v side of mine vs chemical atm and the chemical plants are winning hands down unfortunately.

On a side note I managed to build myself some COB lights for £25 apiece (£22 really but threw a few quid on for the extra bits of solder, tape etc). They look like dogshit but they're up and running feeding the plants so it doesn't matter to me. They would be perfect for that veg space there so let me know if you want a list of parts. They had to be bought in sets of 5 to make the price but any you have left over I could take off your hands :)

Looking forward to seeing you up and running with two areas and hope that you're well :thumb:

Hi kraize. That vent cover was easy to come by, they sell on the bay and in the rain forest, for not a lot of money and come in a range of sizes. the soil hasn't been water only for a while, it gets a mix of malted barley tea and worm casting tea. It would be much easier in larger pots, soil loses energy fairly quick. Not sure what I'm gonna do for the new soil needed for veg space, thinking of a generic potting compost for a month while I cook a batch of soil, I wish I knew the science behind it, think I need to read that book, might even call you to pic ya brain.

On a side note, I'm good for lights, at the moment, gonna see how these 2 t5 go for now. :passitleft:

Anytime you need to call I'm always here no problem. I'll be scouring around for a few prepackaged dry nutrients myself as seaweed is really hard to come by on our seafront, I just don't get it, maybe it's cleaned up in the early hours or maybe it's dying out? Anyway my main issue is that I never thoroughly washed the seashells that I was using for Calcium, the microlife doesn't enjoy all that sea salt apparently lol, kind of a 'doh!' moment. I'm armed with knowledge this time around, or at least a little more of it and that's what counts. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom