Perfect Sun 1000 Basement Grow - First Timer Welcomes Guidance

20160624_230408.jpg
20160624_230404.jpg
20160624_230353.jpg

Here are the transplants that happend this week. First 2 are Devils Creme. the others are 1 each of Liberty Haze, Critcal Kush, LSD 25. Forgot to take a pic of the Runt Devils Creme. She has finally started growing a little bit but she still looks like she is freshly popped

20160624_232848.jpg

This is the outsider white widow thats in the top right of the First set of pics I shot. She has grown nicely even though I've overwatered her. She was recovering nicely but my Wifey was trying to help me out while I was sick a took her out the dark closet for me. (started budding her about 1.5 weeks ago) She didnt know I raise the light when I add it to the garden so it suffered light burn from the Perfect Sun 1000 even though it was on a light mover. had about 6" of clearance. Man this light is strong
20160624_232856.jpg

Your plants look awesome, definitely subbing. That light looks sweet too, and oh my god the variety of plants! Gonna be a fun ride! ..

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

20160624_232958.jpg
20160624_232914.jpg

couple pics of the whole Garden Sorry about the Quality as I said wasnt really feeling well.

With me using the clay balls as a topping for the dirt to prevent gnants it's hard for me to actually tell when the plants need water. I was watering them like i was when I was growing outside but these inside plants dont seem to need as much. How much Water should I be giving each plant a day in 5 gallon smart pots. Outside I would have to water twice a day a gallon at a time but our summers are really hot with most days in the 90's. In the basement it stays a constant 69 F.

Right now my only issue seems to be figuring out the correct watering.

one other question about Ph I've never phed my water before but wanted to do this right so I bought that cheap ph treatment kit. Lucky me this thing came with no instructions on how much solution you are suppose to use. I store my water in a 32 gal trash can. First ph test was dark green so I added some ph down to the water. with no instructions I ended up adding to much phdown and then test results turned Dark red. so according to the chart I way over adjusted. slowing started adding ph up. Seems like it took twice as much solution to raise it to the yellow color. Finally got it to yellow so I think i'm ok.

Last question does the Ph stuff make your water smell like fishtank water. i've never had that smell to my water until I tried phing this week

20160624_232958.jpg
20160624_232914.jpg

couple pics of the whole Garden Sorry about the Quality as I said wasnt really feeling well.

With me using the clay balls as a topping for the dirt to prevent gnants it's hard for me to actually tell when the plants need water. I was watering them like i was when I was growing outside but these inside plants dont seem to need as much. How much Water should I be giving each plant a day in 5 gallon smart pots. Outside I would have to water twice a day a gallon at a time but our summers are really hot with most days in the 90's. In the basement it stays a constant 69 F.

Right now my only issue seems to be figuring out the correct watering.

one other question about Ph I've never phed my water before but wanted to do this right so I bought that cheap ph treatment kit. Lucky me this thing came with no instructions on how much solution you are suppose to use. I store my water in a 32 gal trash can. First ph test was dark green so I added some ph down to the water. with no instructions I ended up adding to much phdown and then test results turned Dark red. so according to the chart I way over adjusted. slowing started adding ph up. Seems like it took twice as much solution to raise it to the yellow color. Finally got it to yellow so I think i'm ok.

Last question does the Ph stuff make your water smell like fishtank water. i've never had that smell to my water until I tried phing this week

In my experience a five gallon pot would take a gallon, maybe a bit more. The best way to water them though is to wait until they start to wilt and then slowly water until you get runoff, wait ten minutes and do that again, just until you get runoff.

69 degrees is a bit on the low side for temps. I usually try to get into the low 80s if possible. They'll grow for you, especially given the fact that you have them under that beautiful light and it's light that drives the grow, but if you can get the temperature up there just a bit you'll likely see benefit for the effort. Maybe a couple CFLs on there somewhere to generate a little heat?

I'm getting ready to check ph for the first time myself, so I'm of no use to you. Interesting that the treated water would smell like fish tank water. Fish tank water is one of the better things you can use in a cannabis garden. The plants love fish shit. Something tells me the smell in the treated water isn't from the same thing. :laughtwo:

Welcome. so far i have nothing but GOOD things to say about the light

Is the perfect sun your only grow light currently? How much of an area does it cover? (With or without mover).

As for the plant watering, since you use pebbles to prevent gnats it makes it hard to use your finger to see if the soils dry. Instead what you can do is stick your finger up the drain hole to check for moisture. I'll usually water again once only the bottom inch or less is the only dirt with moisture. Hope that made sense lol. With the size of those girls and the size of your pots you shouldn't have to water indoors at least for 3-4 days after each watering. Possibly even a week depending how much your plants drink.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

In my experience a five gallon pot would take a gallon, maybe a bit more. The best way to water them though is to wait until they start to wilt and then slowly water until you get runoff, wait ten minutes and do that again, just until you get runoff.

69 degrees is a bit on the low side for temps. I usually try to get into the low 80s if possible. They'll grow for you, especially given the fact that you have them under that beautiful light and it's light that drives the grow, but if you can get the temperature up there just a bit you'll likely see benefit for the effort. Maybe a couple CFLs on there somewhere to generate a little heat?

I'm getting ready to check ph for the first time myself, so I'm of no use to you. Interesting that the treated water would smell like fish tank water. Fish tank water is one of the better things you can use in a cannabis garden. The plants love fish shit. Something tells me the smell in the treated water isn't from the same thing. :laughtwo:

Not sure how I can raise the heat unless I make a closed in room with Panda film. I already have the Film just havent put it up cause the plants were doing so well. What ways are there to raise the heat up. I dont want to run a heater in the summertime. seems like a waste of electricity. What is the recommend lowest temperature to grow in?

Is the perfect sun your only grow light currently? How much of an area does it cover? (With or without mover).

As for the plant watering, since you use pebbles to prevent gnats it makes it hard to use your finger to see if the soils dry. Instead what you can do is stick your finger up the drain hole to check for moisture. I'll usually water again once only the bottom inch or less is the only dirt with moisture. Hope that made sense lol. With the size of those girls and the size of your pots you shouldn't have to water indoors at least for 3-4 days after each watering. Possibly even a week depending how much your plants drink.

I also bought a 250watt CFL that was suppose to go in the clone closet. Havent used it yet cause the perfect sun 1000 is so nice that I dont really need it yet. My clones are growing inbetween the 5 gallon pots till they start rooting. clone Closet is basically being used as a dark closet for the 3 plants I started to flower. I have the light on a 9ft. Rail. Right now probably using about 7.5feet of the rail. For the Square footage that would be a better question for @LEDRF

I also bought a 250watt CFL that was suppose to go in the clone closet. Havent used it yet cause the perfect sun 1000 is so nice that I dont really need it yet. My clones are growing inbetween the 5 gallon pots till they start rooting. clone Closet is basically being used as a dark closet for the 3 plants I started to flower. I have the light on a 9ft. Rail. Right now probably using about 7.5feet of the rail. For the Square footage that would be a better question for @LEDRF

How large is your grow room? And would you say your light covers your whole grow space with ease?

How large is your grow room? And would you say your light covers your whole grow space with ease?

I dont really have a room set up. it's just a big open area in the corner of my basement Right now I have 3 plants in each row under the light the plants are close together while they are small. As they get bigger I will spread them out more. from the light footprint it leaves I probably could add 2 more plants to each row. so yes I say it covers my area with ease

this is straight from LEDRF site.

It has a nice foot print of 8x4 on a light rail, and this thing needs to be on a light rail, unless you keep it 2.5 feet away from your plants. If you don't use a light mover... This thing is so powerful, you can easily have it 3 feet above your plants, letting the light cover more area. If you want a greater footprint, just place the light a little higher.

Getting busy here .. looks great under the light mover !
im sure the how to grow sticky in faq would have ideal temps mentioned.. i have fairly large temp swings but manage . eg. 50-75f And 75-100f.. but still have had decent yields , i think strains will play a big part in how they handle temps

I'm subbed. Heard great things about LEDRF and this setup, I'm pulling up a seat. Looks great so far.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Back
Top Bottom