Perfect Sun 1000 LED Grow Light Discussion & How To Beat A 1000w HPS

I do not know that thinking 1 PS1K replacing TWO 1k hps is very realistic or that as good as they seem to be from the results ppl are getting, they were designed to replace TWO 1k hps. They very well may as they can cover 4x8.

I may be mistaken but even though they obviously cover a 4x8 pretty dam good I thought they are meant to be a along the lines of a replacement for and perfom as well or better than a Gavita DE but some of the guys running them could tell you more or you could look at their grow journals or videos they have/are running and get a good nuff idea to make a informed choice if it will work for your garden.

I don't know just my 2 cents bro but from what I have took away from the guys using them is they have done well and matched any claims made from Black Daimond about what they would do.

I totally get how hard it is deciding and what any one growing wants/should do for their garden. As someone brand new to cultivation it seems that like at every turn it is the same thing, you talk to one dude and he will say you MUST do this each and everytime using this and only this. Then the very next guy will say " NEVER EVER use this and whatever you do DO NOT...." and it is like a endless chain so it is < for atleast myself, brutal trying to sort out what is real and not real. LOL

Hope you find a set up that works well for your garden whatever you go with. there are a few guys with a solid rep runnin them atm you should just chat with them they may be able to answer a few Q for ya and seem to be friendly and straight about anything I have asked them

Let us know what you go with and stuff bro and fire up a grow thread to share pix :)

NX, sorry, forgot to answer you question about grams per watt. I haven't finished a big grow with it yet. That is what my current grow is.

Shiggs grow will be finished soon, but I think he only has it moving 5 feet.

However, the grams per square foot were so amazing, it convinced me to sell my Gavita pros, and they are even more powerful than standard 1000w hps.

For example, one plant was in a 2 gallon pot, and only had 1.5x2 foot to grow in. I got 4.8oz from her. I wasn't even able to bowl train her. If I bowled trained her, no doubt, she would have yielded over 6oz easy.

That is 1.6oz per square foot.

44.8 grams per square foot. That was trying to keep my plants really small, not even going for yields.

When you yielded 4.8 oz from the one plant covering 3 sq/ft was the perfect sun 1000 covering a 4x8 area at that time? Was the plant an auto or photo?

It was an auto and it was three feet above the plants not on a mover. But shiggs grow will be finished soon and my grow will be done in about two months so you can see what they do on an 8 foot mover.

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks Neil!! Just got my light, nice build man. The fit and finish is great and it is a solid unit.

Only complaint would be @ my girlfriend firin it up while I was checking it out and didn't have my retro 80's BlueBlockers on LOL

Thanks again bro :thanks:

Will post up pics and such soon as lights come on and I get all sorted.

I also sent you a email so just hit me up when you have the time

Have a good weekend all

Thanks Neil!! Just got my light, nice build man. The fit and finish is great and it is a solid unit.

Only complaint would be @ my girlfriend firin it up while I was checking it out and didn't have my retro 80's BlueBlockers on LOL

Thanks again bro :thanks:

Will post up pics and such soon as lights come on and I get all sorted.

I also sent you a email so just hit me up when you have the time

Have a good weekend all

which ver. did you get? and welcome to the club:high-five:

I hear you about the glasses. Even if I am just looking at the plants and catch a glimpse of the white panda film wall, I see spots when I leave the grow room. I try to wear sunglasses.

I have two lights that I am working on. The micro light is almost ready for the public. I'm designing it for micro grows. I am going to do a grow with it myself to show how cheaply one can make a grow box with a cardboard box from Walmart.

The other light is the super big one. 2.5 feet x 2.5 feet. That is a little bigger than putting two PS 1000 next to each other. It is HUGE!

However, it will only use about 560w. It will cover 4x4 without the need of a light mover. A lot of thought, engineering and prototyping has gone into this design.

Best part is, I will be able to keep the cost around the same as the PS 1000.

And, yes, I am planning on coming out with the PS Max Yield, which will be a longer version of the PS 1000, so that is covers the edge o the 8x4 with higher par.

Catnip, the Max Yields might be a ways off. I put so much money into the new square 1000 because I designed the box and everything from the ground up, I will need to make some money off that before I can afford to stock Max Yields.

I made a video showing what one grower is doing with the Dwarf Star and another with the Perfect Sun 1000 on a light mover.

Catnips, I will include you in one of these once your plants have some nice nugs on them. :)

[video=youtube;vQLaqK-0QO0]
[/video]

I am really liking your dwarf star man. I will be looking to buy a new light when my new tent arrives and so far i think that is the one i want to go with. Love the results ive seen so far and the prices are way affordable.

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I plan to use my dwarf star in my 2x2x4 tent to start. Do you think 4 feet is enough? I suppose as seedlings, there'd be about 3 feet of space from canopy to light

I plan to use my dwarf star in my 2x2x4 tent to start. Do you think 4 feet is enough? I suppose as seedlings, there'd be about 3 feet of space from canopy to light

You flowering in 4 feet? If so you will want to train or scrog your plants good, light distance and pot height can really gobble up that 48" quickly.

which ver. did you get? and welcome to the club:high-five:

Heyas Catnip, thanks!

I grabbed a Dwarf Star and after a week of my plants under it they love that thing!

So much so that I will be sitting on my porch waiting for the FedEx dude in the morning.....

:lot-o-toke:

Heyas Catnip, thanks!

I grabbed a Dwarf Star and after a week of my plants under it they love that thing!

So much so that I will be sitting on my porch waiting for the FedEx dude in the morning.....

:lot-o-toke:
So jealous! I can't wait to be in the club. A few more weeks and i should be able to put my order in for a dwarf star.

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Nismo, the Goliath is the huge 2.5x2.5 foot light designed to cover 4x4 or 5x5 and remain stationary, for those that don't want to use light movers. It has a unique design that I designed from scratch that no other light uses in order to cover that much space with high intensity.

Oh, I made a deal with LightRail movers so they would give my customers a good deal, so that I could offer the PS 1000 as a bundle. It can come with the LightRail3.5, life time warranty heavy duty metal wheels, and the robostick, which is necessary to hang my light perpendicular to the rail. Normally just the rail is $295 with the heavy duty metal wheels. With rubber wheels, the cheapest I've bought mine is $180, but that is refurbished on Amazon.

Robostick is normally $30. If you buy those items together the shipping is like $25, so a total of $354.

I'm able to offer the whole package for only $250 extra, free shipping, so a savings of $100.

I've been using one of their rails for 2 years non-stop and the guy before me used it or 2 years non-stop. They are great rails, which is why I reached out to them.

I just need to put the package deal on my site.

Back
Top Bottom