Perfect Sun 1000 LED Grow Light Discussion & How To Beat A 1000w HPS

Do you have a 420 member discount for the 500 LED?

Also for the 500, you advertise 3x3 coverage, but at what height?

What is the heat difference between the 500 and the dwarf star? I'm looking for 2 lights to cover a 6x3.5 space and need to keep the heat down. Right now there are 2 250 MH ducted in there. Half of that 6x3.5 ft space will be one plant in a screen 3x3 or so. This is veg only and ceiling height is 7ft.

What's your advice on it?

Do you ship to Australia? If so, how much for the Dwarf Star? I am hoping to be in the market soonish, and am weighing up options... Your light looks great, esp. as I'm no expert! I want a good budget option, and if your lights do as you say, then the price is right!
Cheers!

Hey Neil, I ordered a DS yesterday but was reading you may be out of stock atm or did you happen to get more in?

If you are ToS when will more arrive? If you will not be getting more in like pretty much now (LOL) a 500 would be ok for a 2x4 ya? I did grab a used mover the other day and I had planed on using id or is that no good?

If you will not be seeing more DS for a bit and a 500 would work/is avail could I just send you the difference and you fire one out to me?

I think I answered your question in email nx, but I will answer here as well.

I've never built a cree cob light. However, I also have never seen an LED so powerful like the Perfect Sun 1000 that will burn plants at 2/5 feet away, and that is during full flowering, when plants are hardest to burn.

The only way to really grow with the Perfect Sun because it is so powerful is on a light mover. It needs to be on a mover because it is too powerful.

This is the same with Gavita DE bulbs. At 2 feet away they burn plants. You either need very high ceilings or a light mover. I chose to grow with Gavitas on a light mover. Awesome results. Covered 8x4, which is more square feet than 5x5.

I love my Gavitas, but I'm selling them because the Perfect Sun 1000 uses half the electricity and covers 8x4 on a light mover. Check out my Perfect Sun x2 grow. All I have to say, is for me to sell my Gavitas. well that is huge.

Oh, if anyone is interested in my Gavitas with Galaxy turbo digital ballasts, let me know. I am letting them go for super cheap. The ballast alone cost me like $270. I am willing to sell 1 balast, 1 Ushio DE bulb, 1 expensive hood for $250 free shipping. I have another set up, same ballast, no bulb, and a DE wing hood. $150.

Heya Neil, it just dawned on me that Mark ordered my light and he said he was shipping to my address but he is even worse than I am with the interwebz so he may have put different info on the order so I will send you a email with the recipt # from masterpainting.

Know your busy so sorry if that caused any confusion. I will send you the recipt info and when have a moment just let me know whats up

Thanks man

Heya Neil, I thought I had fired that off to you last night btu we kinda got "overserved" LOL

I just sent the order # billing addy and shipping addy to your email as I can't send PM's on here yet until I talk more to unlock it or something.

Thanks again man

I think I answered your question in email nx, but I will answer here as well.

I've never built a cree cob light. However, I also have never seen an LED so powerful like the Perfect Sun 1000 that will burn plants at 2/5 feet away, and that is during full flowering, when plants are hardest to burn.

The only way to really grow with the Perfect Sun because it is so powerful is on a light mover. It needs to be on a mover because it is too powerful.

This is the same with Gavita DE bulbs. At 2 feet away they burn plants. You either need very high ceilings or a light mover. I chose to grow with Gavitas on a light mover. Awesome results. Covered 8x4, which is more square feet than 5x5.

I love my Gavitas, but I'm selling them because the Perfect Sun 1000 uses half the electricity and covers 8x4 on a light mover. Check out my Perfect Sun x2 grow. All I have to say, is for me to sell my Gavitas. well that is huge.

Oh, if anyone is interested in my Gavitas with Galaxy turbo digital ballasts, let me know. I am letting them go for super cheap. The ballast alone cost me like $270. I am willing to sell 1 balast, 1 Ushio DE bulb, 1 expensive hood for $250 free shipping. I have another set up, same ballast, no bulb, and a DE wing hood. $150.

I run 2x 1000 watt HPS's per 4x8 tent and get between .7 and 1 gram per watt depending on the strain so I guess my question is will this 520 actual watt led on a light mover give me between 1400 and 2000 grams (potentially)? I was going to go the cxb3590 COB route eventually but if there really is something better out there I would like to give it a go. What kind of gram/watt numbers have you pulled off of the perfect sun 1000?

Shiggity seems to be pretty happy so far with his, here is a link if you wanted to check out his current grow or if you want just hit him up next time he is online he is cool and would be happy to let ya know how he likes his I am sure (or least he acted like it didn't bother him when I did the same LOL)

Shiggityflip - Follow The Yellow Brix Road With The Perfect Sun 1000

The pix he has been firin up look pretty dang good

Have fun bro

Peace

I run 2x 1000 watt HPS's per 4x8 tent and get between .7 and 1 gram per watt depending on the strain so I guess my question is will this 520 actual watt led on a light mover give me between 1400 and 2000 grams (potentially)? I was going to go the cxb3590 COB route eventually but if there really is something better out there I would like to give it a go. What kind of gram/watt numbers have you pulled off of the perfect sun 1000?

If you want a Newbies impression of the perfect Sun 1000 you can stop by my thread. I have it in my basement grow and all i have is Great things to say about the light. I have about 20 plants total under Only 1 Perfect Sun 1000 on a 9ft light mover rail. Take head to LEDRF burn warnings. I had a plant that was flowering, I was a little sick one day so the wifey decided to take the plant out of the dark closet for me and placed it in the grow room. she didnt know that when I placed that plant in the Garden I raised the light. So the plant ended up getting BURNT with the light about 8" away on the Damn light mover So believe him when he says this thing is powerful. link to my grow is in my sig. Hope this was helpful

I don't doubt that this is a great grow light, my main concern is replacing 2x1000 watt hps's with the perfect sun 1000, I want to make sure that I am going to get a similar yield, I am sure the LED is far more efficient but at the end of the day I don't want to lose overall yield. Might have to wait till the lights been out for a while and I can see what kind of harvest this thing consistently yields...

nx, if you wanted to still use less watts and be sure to get the same yields or better, then use 2x 1000 on movers.
Two ps 1000s only use 1040w. Which is what 1 single ended 1000w HPS uses.

I am growing with 2x PS 1000's right now in my current grow.

NX, sorry, forgot to answer you question about grams per watt. I haven't finished a big grow with it yet. That is what my current grow is.

Shiggs grow will be finished soon, but I think he only has it moving 5 feet.

However, the grams per square foot were so amazing, it convinced me to sell my Gavita pros, and they are even more powerful than standard 1000w hps.

For example, one plant was in a 2 gallon pot, and only had 1.5x2 foot to grow in. I got 4.8oz from her. I wasn't even able to bowl train her. If I bowled trained her, no doubt, she would have yielded over 6oz easy.

That is 1.6oz per square foot.

44.8 grams per square foot. That was trying to keep my plants really small, not even going for yields.

Back
Top Bottom