Perfect Sun 1000 LED Grow Light Discussion & How To Beat A 1000w HPS

I Have a 6' light mover that I just used in a 4x8 grow with a 1000w hps (I veg under t5's) and I honestly was not impressed. I grew the same strain (clones) without a light mover and pulled twice as much weight per plant. That being said I did end up with more of a harvest just because I was able to fill more plants. I guess why I'm saying this is because I'm interested in buying two of your lights instead of using one on a light mover. What are your thoughts on using (2) perfect sun 1000's for a 4x8 area? And where do I buy? Is there any kind of warranty? Whats the cost of the lights with shipping inside the US and how fast can I get them? What is the footprint of the perfect sun 1000 and the watts/sq foot? Did I ask enough questions? :laughtwo:

Looking forward to hearing about these... I have been thinking about making the switch to led but skeptic. I was looking at some so called top of the line led lights and they are $1600 a piece and I need 2... Not trying to spend that much on lights.

Thanks in advance!
Peace,

Freezy

Almost all of your questions are answered on my site GrowPotCheaply.com That links right to the PS 1000 page.

First, though, the reason the PS 1000 needs to be on a light mover is because it is too powerful to not be. In order to not burn you plants, if not on a light mover, the light needs to be 3 feet away from your plants. Some strains can handle 2.5 feet away. That means you either need really short plants or super tall ceilings.

The reason a 1000w HPS doesn't do as well on a light mover is because it shouldn't be on one. It's not powerful enough to "need" a mover. You can put a 1000w HPS 20-18 inches away from plants without burning them. However, you cannot do that with a 1000w Gavita Pro double ended bulb. They are super powerful and at 2 feet away burn your plants. So unless you have tall ceiling or really short plants, you need a light mover for the Gavita Pro. That is how I grew with Gavitas. That is how I got the 2.9 pounds auto Critical--dry weight, and the 14.3oz Northern Lights (autoflower).

That is why I designed the Perfect Sun 1000. To replace my Gavita pros. I wanted an LED so powerful that it will burn plants at 2 feet away. Well, I created one that burns plants as 2.5 feet away, most strains anyway. That is crazy when you stop and think about it. This is why it "needs" a light mover. Without it, say goodbye to your plants, unless of course, you can keep it 3 feet above the tops of your plants, but then you are wasting the power of the light. You aren't using it's potential.

But, for those that do not wish to use light movers, I created the Perfect Sun 500 << Click to see the page. Two of them cost you a bit less than a 1000. BTW, the prices include free shipping to USA on all my lights.

Two 500s also use less electricity. 220w each on average so 440w for 2. The 1000 uses 520w.

However, the max coverage of two 500's is 3x3. But you can get them within 20-18 inches of your plants.

If I were going to cover a full 8x4 with 500s, I would use 4. 4 will use less electricity than two 1000s. They will also cost a little less. But 4 of them are designed to cover 6x6 or 3x12. Of course, you could always put 6 of them a bit closer and cover the 8x4 with loads of light.

If it were me, I would personally have two 1000s on light movers, right next to each other, like touching. But your room would need to be a bit wider than 4 inches to do that because the lights are 2'4" wide.

Also check out the Perfect Sun Dwarf Stars

Juan a normal 1000w, nope because they can be within 20-18 inches of your plants without a mover. But try that with a gavita pro 1000w double ended bulb and you will fry you plants. So you either need the Gavita Pro 2.5-3 feet above plants, or 18 inches above plants on a light mover.

I completely understand what you are saying, all I am saying is that a 1000w light that covers a 4x4 or 5x5 doesn't magically cover 4x8 just because it's on a mover.

Juan, correct. That is a common mistake people make. They buy into the hype of movers and think just any light can be placed on a mover and cover more area. However, when you have a light so powerful that it burns plants at 2 feet away, then if you want to get it within 20-18 inches, it needs to be on a mover.

In my new grow, just to give an idea how powerful the Perfect Sun 1000 is, when my plants were around 16 days old, I lowered my Perfect Sun 1000 from 2.7 feet away to 20 inches away. It is moving 8 feet on a mover, covering a lot of plants. The leaves started to bleach, so I had to raise the light. As the plants mature, I will be able to lower the light.

Now, a regular 1000w HPS on mover traveling 8 feet, would never do that at 20 inches away, even on young plants. Although, young, they have several nodes. Also, check out the tight node structure the Perfect Sun Spectrum gives my plants.

SP 500 has arrived to Germany, from China? :hmmmm: .... but it's still anywhere at customs.
I thought the PS is manufactured in the USA.

The Dwarf Stars are all shipped. I had someone ship them while I was away on vacation. Went to Cali, Universal studios, then to Vegas, then Reno and stopped at some places on the way.

For those that don't know the 420 page to get your $100 discount on the PS 1000, here it is -- How to grow marijuana free lessons

Thank you. Just replied to your email with the tracking. It will be there on the 29th. I shipped the 21st. Normally, Fed Ex only takes a few days, but your state is so far from me, so it is taking a bit longer.

For international orders it is cheaper for me to have a warehouse in China to ship from, at least until I can get a retailer or warehouse in UK. For US and Canadian orders, I ship from right here in Oregon, USA.

Back
Top Bottom