Perpetual Pics

I think it'll work. I could always dim the ballast down if I needed to.

My brother pointed that it smells like dank outside my house so it's time to replace my carbon filter. When that time comes I could step up the fan and filter size, exhausting even more air.

I think it'll work. I could always dim the ballast down if I needed to.

My brother pointed that it smells like dank outside my house so it's time to replace my carbon filter. When that time comes I could step up the fan and filter size, exhausting even more air.

I have a 6-inch fan cooling two 600W HPS and sucking air out of the room through the air cooled hoods for room cooling. I am currently running 78F but could cool down to 74 with lights on and the sensor 18" below the lights. This is in a 55F basement, so it cools better than in a 68F living space.I can't get the temperature any lower than 74F unless I intake cooler air.

There is a limit to how much one can accomplish exhausting more air if the intake air is room temperature.

True Radogast. I do only passively intake fresh air. Think my exhaust fan is also 6". It's just a no-name one from Amazon. Mines also in the basement. There also lies our wood stove which is our primary heat source. The snow is supposed to be flying Tuesday so I'll have to fire that up.

I think worse case scenario I may need to buy another fan for active intake. Shouldn't be too bad. The ballast I'm looking at is a Galaxy DE Select-A-Watt that dims to 600/750/875/1000/1150. I foresee having a heat issue if I have it at 750 watts. Butt I do want to be able to have it turned up all the way-eventually.

I just ordered some beans. I couldn't resist Herbie's Black Friday deal. I really don't need them but oh well. Weird thing was that I couldn't get the order to finish processing. So I closed the window and check my usual email for a receipt. Didn't see anything so I tried ordering again with the same result. Well, I happened to look at another email account and they were. Two duplicate orders. I sent them and email. I sure hope They only send one.

I ordered Elemental Seeds True OG, Next Generation Dynamite, and Strain Hunters Afgooey. With that I got one free Humboldt Bubbas Gift Feminised and two Afghani Regular. I tried growing Dynamite before but it never made it's first set of true leaves. But I am intrigued by the thought of an Indica grapefruit.

I picked yet another OG. This one is supposed to be Indica dominant with only around a 56 day flowering cycle. Supposed to have around 27% thc and I think it one a cup.

The Afgooey is really popular around here though I don't think I've ever had it. I like Afgan so I'm sure this will be good.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. My grandmother passed away a week ago. That really put a damper on our holiday. Other than that, ours was great. I still feel bloated 24 hours later. Literally have a fridge full of leftovers. My family doesn't mess around. I remember about three years back there were literally more pies than people. :trance:

I have to say I tried afgooey and it wasn't so gooey
maybe yours will come out better

I have to say I tried afgooey and it wasn't so gooey
maybe yours will come out better

I hope so. I have enough strains now, picked up two Blue Dream clones a couple days ago. I'm going to start culling strains before too long. Last night I moved my Holy Grail Kush and Blue Blood mothers into flowering. I saved clones off them for new mothers. I'm about to clean the cloner out. I'm only going to clone off the new strains. So far everyone, myself included, is loving that Marion Berry Kush.

If I have time this evening I'll try and get some pics loaded up.

:Namaste:

I want to wish everyone a Happy, Healthy, and Safe New Years 2016!!! :party:

I've been trying to upload pics for the last four days---unsuccessfully. I was stupid and downloaded Windows 10. Can't figure it out. Pictures come up but can't import them. I'll figure it out at some point.

So, I had two goals set for Christmas time, to be 100% organic and have a 1000 watt double ended set up. Well, I met the first half. Bills and the holiday decimated my wallet. I'm attempting to save for the new light. Hopefully I'll have it within the month, no longer than six weeks.

I'm still on the fence about which one to get. I was going to go with a Galaxy Select A Watt and either a AC/DE air cooled hood or a DL Wholesale Triple X2 8" Double Ended Air Cooled Reflector. The DL is about 40 sq inches larger and around $35 bucks cheaper so that's the way I was leaning.

I never received my last order from Herbie's. It was supposed to be here by 12/22. I was thinking it was because of the holidays or the weather so I waited until last Monday to contact them. They said that they could either attempt to send it one more time or refund me. Pretty lame. They said that if they send again and I don't receive I SOL with no further possible recourse. I asked them to send again. This is, I believe, is the sixth order I've placed with them. They will not receive any future business from me if this order doesn't arrive.

I need to get going on the prime rib (choice cut standing rib roast). I'll try to get the pictures figured out for a better update.

:peacetwo::420:

Whoo-hooo. New beans finally arrived. I'm about to pop the Dynamite and True OG. I'm going to hold off on the others as I have so many strains going at the moment. Let's see if I can remember them all off the top of my head: Holy Grail Kush, Blue Blood, Dinafem OG, Florida OG, Og #18, Nebula, Truth Band, Marion Berry Kush, G 13 x Hashplant, Blue Dream, Purple Kush. Damn, that's 11. It's going to go down to half that number.

First to go is looking like Nebula. I can't get it to clone in my aero cloner. That is a must have attribute for any of my strains. Next week I'm going to get some Root Riot plugs and attempt to clone that way. If not I'll flower out the mother and bid her farewell.

Blue Blood is #2 to go. It's not bad, just not that remarkable. I had a different pheno purchased when they were first released. I believe that one leaned more towards the OG side, current one more to Blue Berry. I mean it's good, real hearty, and a fast finisher. But it just doesn't seem very potent.

Now for my real dilemma-increasing the lighting in my flowering tent. I've been looking hard at 1000 watt double ended set ups with an air cooled hood. Cheapest I've been able to find with a Galaxy ballast and Ushio bulb was right under $500. There's heat, humidity (which is already higher than I'd like), and added electricity.

Now I'm thinking that I could get two new Mars Hydro Reflector 192 with 5 watt diodes for $622.72 if I bought them in a pair and used the code COFINEST. Honestly, I'd have to buy them one at a time because I'm a broke ho.

I realize there are thousands of reviews, grow journals, and customer feed back. I've been pouring over info for months. I trust the people that read this. This is going to be a sizable investment for me which ever path I choose. I'd like some feedback. I also know Mars isn't the best manufacturer. But I think they are for the price. One of the new Advanced lights is just way above my current price range.

Thoughts?

If you pay for your own elecricity, the LED will pay for itself over time.

I run about 1600 watts of HPS and CFL at peak usage - that's over half my electrical usage for a 2 story house. I can't imagine adding 1000 watts to my electrical,

Yeah. It's just the initial price that scares me.

I have no idea the wattage I use to grow. I know about what all I use. For flowering I have a 600 watt Apollo Horticulture digi ballast. I run inside the tent a 10" oscillating pedestal fan, a 6 or 8" exhaust fan (only when lights on because of cold weather and old carbon filter) and in that room at the moment a little 1100 watt ceramic heater set on the lowest setting on the thermostat.

The other room is probably close to the same wattage. There's the aero cloner water and air pumps, a 6" clip on fan in one tent, four total of...I think T5 24" "plant and aquarium" florescent lights, and shoot...let me run down and look. BRB lol. 21 23 watt CFLs.

Big light and fan in flowering room run 11.75 hours a day. Heater is 24-7 because of the time of the year and I've failed to get the basement wood stove running. Unless I'm doing maintenance, everything in the veg room runs 24-7. Yeah, we pay for the electricity.

I think you've answered my question.

Looking great Josh! . . . .

Happy New Year Josh and again I'd like to thank you as the inspiration to my 2yr long Perpetual Grow in 2lt Soda Pop Pots. It was just completed a month ago. Reps to you.

Hey guys, been awhile. I'm still alive. Here's some pics from tonight.

First up is my former Medican Blue Blue Blood mother. I decided to cull this strain. She's in a 2 gallon container with, no kidding, MiracleGro plain potting soil. She's got to be over a year old. Those nasty slow release fertilizers have long since dissipated. She was topped down hard two weeks before going 12/12 and fed Botanicare's full organic program.

The first picks was after I started trimming her. She's had the four largest tops removed in these pics.

DSCN30715.JPG
DSCN30724.JPG
DSCN30735.JPG
DSCN30743.JPG

A shot of the beginning of trimming. Biggest single nug in my hand. That's a very large Pyrex mixing bowl, mabe 1.5-2 gallon capacity.

DSCN30757.JPG

So, a buddy of mine was kind enough to give me some fungus gnats. Thanks to the help of Icemud on here I think they've been eradicated. For safe measure I'm flowering out all my mothers. For awhile I'll keep strains in passive hydro. The knats didn't really do to much other than sticking to the buds. I don't want to wash buds unless I have to.

Next pics are in the flowering tent. I didn't want to turn the HPS off so there's the orange glow. These are from a side acess panel in the tent. I still have some 2 liter Hempys going. Plant bottom left is the very last of the Blue Blood. I saved one clone just in case. She's just in a 1 gallon coffee can. Just to the right of her is a Marion Berry Kush. In front of that is a stray Purple Kush. Both are in 1 gallon containers with Pro Mix.

DSCN30778.JPG
DSCN30816.JPG

This is my former Holy Grail Kush. She is an absolute beast and in a 2 gallon container.

DSCN30787.JPG

It's kind of hard to see, but these are 3.5 gallon Hempy girls. Flowering time is staggered but all three had one month Veg time. There;s a Holy Grail at around 3 weeks of flowering and 2 Marion Berries that I just put in tonight.

DSCN30808.JPG
DSCN30824.JPG

Somewhere in there I also put in tonight my former Nebula mother in a one gallon container. I can't get her to clone. She's got clones in the machine. If they take they take. The mother needs to be flowered.

:Namaste:

:ciao: Josh

Back
Top Bottom