Piña's 2020 Diary 3rd Journal

CHOOO!!! CHOOO!!!

Time for a Friday update,
so for your entertainment and pleasure I have another victim.

P1010162.JPG

She's on plain water. The thing is I thought she always has been, I changed my mind on feeding her Monday. She was alright Tuesday, then did a semaphore movement with her leaves Tuesday night.
It looks like nute damage to me, but still confused how. Well maybe not really :smokin:. She's teaching me a lesson to pay more attention to what I'm doing by flipping me off.

Here's a family shot from earlier, with the ever disapproving Dobby

P1010151.JPG

The Blueberry on the right is no more, harvested today Day 73. I would have let her go a bit further, but spotted a small patch of bud rot, that sealed her fate.

I've managed to remove it, and wash the buds. It's left the main cola with a bit of a hole.

P1010159.JPG

Shame really, but better than losing any more.

The STB, centre, is doing great. Finished her stretch and filling out nicely.

The Mystery girl on the left has stretched like crazy. She's looking very lanky, but could become the star of the show.

P1010154.JPG

She's showing signs of purple.:)

They're both on my full strength nute mix, with no signs of upset. YET :rolleyes:

That's all I've got for now.

Stay safe and well.

:Namaste:

Time for an overdue update

I'm sure no one will be surprised to learn I have another distressed seedling. An Auto Lavender seed. Here she is from Tuesday.

P1010184.JPG

The surprise is her distress has nothing to do with me (yet)

The poor thing remained tied up in part of her seed husk, despite shedding most of it. I managed to untie her with a couple of cocktail sticks. It's almost like the poor thing was born with a caul, maybe she can't drown. Not that I intend to test this theory.

I'm calling today Day 1, she's starting to get over her initial shock.

P1010199.JPG

Pink, the other seedling is starting to forgive me. She's now had some weak nutes without issue. Let's hope she can forget her poor start.

P1010200.JPG

Day 18 for her, not very good. She was looking more advanced on Day 6, before I screwed up.

The other 2 are doing great. Here they are enjoying the morning sunshine.

P1010193.JPG

STB on the right is now on Day 58. Now she needs to get on with fattening up.

They're both getting watered daily now, and get a spray down with soapy water every 2nd/3rd evening in an attempt to prevent pests. So far so good.

The Mystery Girl on the left has stretched and now stands slightly taller than her sister. She is now on Day 41, and becoming quite the looker

P1010194.JPG

The purple colour is so striking on this one, real blackcurrant colour to her. I've tried to see what strain she could possibly be, but the only info on I could find on Buddha seeds assorted 10 pack was this...

1 Seed of White Dwarf
1 Seed of Red Dwarf
1 Seed of Deimos
1 Seed in Syrup
6 Seeds of different crossings that will be soon on sale and other experimental hybrids. All feminized and autoflowering.

So a Mystery Girl she will remain.

That's all I got for now, stay safe and well

Amazing colours on the mystery girl, Piña!
I have to help most of my seedlings getting rid of the seed husk or the membrane. If the seed is planted deeper it has a greater chance of scraping all that stuff off while reaching for the surface. But that also takes a bit longer so I keep planting my seeds shallow.

Afternoon all,
Hope everyone's good. The craziness here has subsided a little, managed to get a few nights away. Rented a house with a pool, an hour or so up in the mountains. Spent the whole time walking between the pool, fridge and BBQ. :)

Whilst it was nice to get away, there were casualties. Family pic.

P1010207.JPG

The struggling Pink Kush bought it :rip:.

The STB and Mystery Girl took my absence in their stride. It was only 2 nights, but did coincide with a mini heat wave.
They had their first nightshift for a week last night. They've been running on about 5hrs of Sun for the last 7 Days, not ideal.

They make a striking pair, polar opposites.

P1010220.JPG

The Mystery girl isn't going to yield, but she's got some amazing purple. It's blackcurrant colour.

Lastly we have the deformed Auto Lavender.

P1010219.JPG

I can take no credit for her look, it's all natural. She has yet to be fed, and there have been no prevailing winds. I'm not sure what's up, just one of those seeds I guess.

In other news, I now have some rockwool plugs. No more peat for me, they're really not playing well with Hempy.

That's all for now. Stay safe and well.

crummy about the pink kush.

i've never liked how hempy or coco ties you to the grow. it's super hard to get more than a couple days away in.

Top drip or flood/drain to fill the reservoir - not strictly hempy, but it worked for me last year when I was away 6 days a week for months.

oh boy more gear ... :laughtwo:

it is doable though i'm sure.

The Pink Kush would have been fine if it wasn't licking it's wounds from me.

Shame I killed my first attempt at a CBD strain.

I'll have another practise launch before running another CBD. Just soaking an auto Critical now. :D .

I wouldn't even think about leaving them for longer than 2 nights. Only 5hrs of direct Sun helps, bit it was hitting 30c out there earlier in the week.

They did well.

Time for a what's fast becoming a weekly update.

Group shot of my sorry looking family

P1010224.JPG

The STB on the left is on Day 73. She's advertised as a 60-70 day strain, but I don't think she's quite there yet.

WIN_20200712_10_36_33_Pro.jpgWIN_20200712_10_38_35_Pro.jpg

In every other way she's lived up to her description, no work to grow.

The Mystery Girl on the right is not so happy. Day 56 for her, looks like she's showing signs of deficiencies, and over feeding at the same time. I know she's a looker, but what a prima donna, she's just got to lump it.

Lastly we have the Auto Lavender.

P1010226.JPG

Day 16 for her, and she's lost her wind swept look. I'll look to give her a bit more feed this week, so take one last look, she could be a goner by next weekend.

Lastly I've chosen my next two victims.

P1010231.JPG

A gifted Auto Critical, and Seedsman Blueberry. Hopefully they'll have their heads above the perlite by the middle of the week.

That's all for now. Stay safe and well

Happy Sunday all,
what a week it's been. First off the Auto Lavender is still with me, she's now on Day 23.

P1010237.JPG

Poor little thing. She's doing amazing, all things considered. This is how I found her on Tuesday when I came home from work.

P1010241.JPG

A 1.5m fall onto solid tile floor. Okay I confess this is a re-enactment, but Dobby is for sure suspect numero uno. Especially when you notice the slight leaf damage, looks like someone fancied a little nibble.

I took the opportunity to up pot her, and remove a good portion of the peat puck from her roots. She seems to have appreciated that at least.

The Mystery Girl also took some damage this week, but for the most part by my hand. Her stem was so thin that she was struggling to support herself. This is her on Day 63

P1010233.JPGWIN_20200718_12_13_29_Pro.jpgWIN_20200718_12_12_11_Pro.jpg

It really looks like she's had enough of life. Her stem got damaged so she got the chop, a bit early maybe.

Didn't get a lot off of her, and they're very airy buds, but the colour remains amazing, and very sweet smelling.

The STB is now on Day 80, and still going strong.

WIN_20200718_12_24_31_Pro.jpgWIN_20200718_12_23_21_Pro.jpg

Still don't think she is ready.

P1010232.JPG

Lastly we have one new addition to the family.

P1010238.JPG

One of the two seeds I started earlier in the week was a success. Problem is I don't know which one :rolleyes: I got them mixed up, so this is either a Blueberry or a Critical Auto. :smokin:

This is my first successful launch using a rockwool plug, and so far there has been a huge difference over the peat plugs. Far faster and vigorous early growth, could just be the seed though. I'll be launching another later in the week, let's hope it wasn't a fluke.

Stay well and safe all.

Haha, Dobby sure looks guilty. Amazing that Lavender survived the fall!
STB is looking good, you should be able to enjoy her shortly.
I hope the surviving seedling is the Blueberry since you have a few more Critical seeds. I guess you'll know once it starts to smell in flowering.

Hello all, time for an update, big changes this week.

The STB came down on Wednesday Day 83, she was just starting to succumb to bud rot. I was on the lookout for it, the humidity in these parts has been unusually high, and especially horrible.

I caught 2 small patches, very early on, so didn't lose that much. What I saved was washed, and hung to dry just as before. At least I'm learning how to treat bud rot if nothing else :laugh: .

This means the garden is looking a bit empty, and more immature than I'd like.

P1010242.JPG

On the left we have the dropped, mauled, and peat bound Auto Lavender on Day 30. She's on the verge of trying to put a stretch on. Poor thing. She is looking happier now than at any other time, so I suppose that's something.

On the right we have Mystery Girl II. Apart from the I.D. balls up she's looking like my most successful launch to date. I think I can say I have done nothing to impede her progress..... yet.

P1010250.JPG

Ditching the peat plugs has made a huge difference. This seedling is so much happier than any of my previous launches.

I'm making today Day 10 for her, fingers crossed we can keep on good relations, and I won't do anything to piss her off over the coming week. I'll be glad when she's more established and out of the obvious danger zone.

So before I have another I.D. calamity I've just started....

P1010252.JPGP1010251.JPG

I hope I'm not jinxing anything, but I see signs of life in that plug. Let's hope she goes as well as MG II.

That's all for now.

Back
Top Bottom