Pineapple Express Auto Fem CFL Grow - 1 Week Veg

I'm going to be starting another grow soon with this cabinet I bought from the thrift store for $20. It's 24" x 21" x 32" and for some reason it already has vents on the back of it. I'm going to get a 2 ft t5 system with 4 tubes and supplemental CFLs.

More pics I took today
IMAG01427.jpg
IMAG014010.jpg

nugslinger420 said:
I'm going to be starting another grow soon with this cabinet I bought from the thrift store for $20. It's 24" x 21" x 32" and for some reason it already has vents on the back of it. I'm going to get a 2 ft t5 system with 4 tubes and supplemental CFLs.

More pics I took today

Beautifully awesome. I bet your grow will kick mine's ARSE-- and I spent 40 times more!

Nice 1st grow. Since it is all documented, you can always look back and read it at a time no one else will.

Haha ya but a 6 foot tall tent is hard to hide! I want to do hydro my next grow, probably hempy buckets, so a good meter seemed proper. And as I want quality over quantity I chose to go with a very reliable ph/tds combo. I believe it has saved me lots of trouble, I haven't had any problems whatsoever throughout. I also bought a hydrofarm 2 ft 4 tube t5 system today from Amazon for 89 +free shipping with all my cfls from this grow ill have over 200 watts of CFL in there by the end of flower. All that will be in my cabinet I bought from the store for $20.

Haha ya but a 6 foot tall tent is hard to hide! I want to do hydro my next grow, probably hempy buckets, so a good meter seemed proper. And as I want quality over quantity I chose to go with a very reliable ph/tds combo. I believe it has saved me lots of trouble, I haven't had any problems whatsoever throughout. I also bought a hydrofarm 2 ft 4 tube t5 system today from Amazon for 89 +free shipping with all my cfls from this grow ill have over 200 watts of CFL in there by the end of flower. All that will be in my cabinet I bought from the store for $20.

You're right, no stealth there! And you're also correct about having a good meter. What are you going to use to fight the extra heat from the t5? I have 8 40 watt cfl's in a 1'4"x 1'7"x 4' area and I get temps in the 90's if I close the doors and that's with 2 fans, a passive intake and a comp fan for exhaust,so I leave it open to keep temps down around 68-70. GL with the hydro gro. Quality is always better than quantity:thumb:

Ive been looking into axial fans as a cheap alternative to the inline fans out there. I've seen some 6" w/ a cfm rating of over 100. If that doesn't work ill have to get an inline fan to keep the temps down, but I'm not so worried about it the PE doesn't seem to mind the heat very much. My temps were not very consistent, they got as high as 95F and didn't do more than turn a little yellow on the tips.(growing INTO the light burnt her pretty bad). I should have some more pics tomorrow

Ok well my new grow is about to start, I'm painting the inside bright white and germing a seed today! I'm gonna go with my 1 PE fem and 1 PE fem auto. I have 14 L mop buckets that im filling w perlite and putting them under a t5 and supplemental cfls. Here's pics from last night. When do i harvest, one of the websites said flower time of 7-9 weeks. Does that mean from the first signs of flowering or what? It's been 7.5 weeks and I feel like its definitely not ready.

Pics:
IMAG01507.jpg
IMAG01496.jpg
IMAG01485.jpg
IMAG01477.jpg

First of all count me as sub'd for your new grow:popcorn:. Secondly I might be wrong but it looks like they can go for another 2 wks or so. I believe it's from the first sign of flowering. I've been under the impression that the triches had to be 50 to 70% brown. I don't see that yet in your pics which ,btw, look damn good. So I'd say to judge by your triches turning darker. Do you have a pocket microscope to actually see the triches up close? If not, it would be a good investment. GL with the new grow:Namaste:

First of all count me as sub'd for your new grow:popcorn:. Secondly I might be wrong but it looks like they can go for another 2 wks or so. I believe it's from the first sign of flowering. I've been under the impression that the triches had to be 50 to 70% brown. I don't see that yet in your pics which ,btw, look damn good. So I'd say to judge by your triches turning darker. Do you have a pocket microscope to actually see the triches up close? If not, it would be a good investment. GL with the new grow:Namaste:

Thanks akaman! I appreciate the love, ill post a link to New journal once I start it haha. I had a 30x microscope but my mom sold it at a garage sale :(. It was hard to focus anyways so ill have to get one of those jeweler loupes. I just got done painting the first coat of white in my new cab, I decided to wait until my light gets here to germ the seeds. I want to do it completely under the t5 instead of starting under 23w CFL. I'm also going to get the tri-bloom pack from Fox farms, does anyone have any experience with this product?

I'm almost done with the cabinet I just need to wait for the light and decide what medium to use. The link to my new journal is in my signature, everyone feel free to check it out and give any advice you see fit.

As far as my current grow goes, should I feed her any more? I've done 2 flushes with 3 gallons of water each time, she doesn't seem to be showing any of yellowing.

Yes it has been a while akaman. I'm harvesting the 9th or 10th, right after the full moon. Sorry for the lack of updates but I haven't done anything to the plant in the last 3 weeks besides water with a little molasses. I hope harvesting after the full moon will give me some sort of improvement, i guess there are many norcal farmers who swear by it, and I dont think they call it a harvest moon for nothin! I will update again with a yield and smoke report in 2 weeks or so. If anyone has any tips for drying and curing I would appreciate any feedback. I stopped all watering today in preperation for harvest. Then on the 9th turn the lights off and 24 - 48 hrs after that I will chop her down and start the drying process. Thanks to all who have helped, my next grow will be starting in the next few days or so.

Nugs ur auto looks great makes me wish I had stable genetics over a hybrid any day. Looking forward to the final images and smoke report. I still have over a month to go but am looking forward to sampling my Short Ryder when it's time comes. Just remember we see the changes you will not as we as viewers do not see it everyday keep the images of beauty coming till the final image of harvest.:Namaste:

Nugs ur auto looks great makes me wish I had stable genetics over a hybrid any day. Looking forward to the final images and smoke report. I still have over a month to go but am looking forward to sampling my Short Ryder when it's time comes. Just remember we see the changes you will not as we as viewers do not see it everyday keep the images of beauty coming till the final image of harvest.:Namaste:

I actually don't get to see her every day because its at a friends and this was kind of an "experiment", the next grow in the cabinet is going to be at my house. I will have more pictures tomorrow or the next day. Thanks for watching.

Back
Top Bottom