PJ's 1000W 4.5 x 9x7 Tent Grow

Thanks PeeJay! , I'm going to lose some weight since i had to turn the light down to 600w, but that's alright, its all personal anyways.

Perhaps... On the other hand, in an outdoor grow the plants are getting significantly more light at the beginning of flower than they do at the end. The days get shorter and the sun sinks lower on the horizon. As the sun sinks on the horizon it has to travel through significantly more atmosphere. That reduces the light intensity and increases the red light spectrum. It is well documented that these changes signal the plant that its days are numbered. It wants to reproduce ever so badly! That's one of the reasons buds bulk up and get so sticky as the end draws near. The plant is increasing it's chances of catching drifting pollen.

You may be doing yourself a favor by reducing the lighting intensity the last couple of weeks. For those who run multi-spectrum LED lights with switches for both flower and veg most people leave both switches on for greatest light intensity during flower. There is evidence that best practice is to change that up the last two weeks and run the red spectrum only. Reducing the intensity and increasing proportion of red light it is thought to increase bud swelling and weight.

Perhaps... On the other hand, in an outdoor grow the plants are getting significantly more light at the beginning of flower than they do at the end. The days get shorter and the sun sinks lower on the horizon. As the sun sinks on the horizon it has to travel through significantly more atmosphere. That reduces the light intensity and increases the red light spectrum. It is well documented that these changes signal the plant that its days are numbered. It wants to reproduce ever so badly! That's one of the reasons buds bulk up and get so sticky as the end draws near. The plant is increasing it's chances of catching drifting pollen.

You may be doing yourself a favor by reducing the lighting intensity the last couple of weeks. For those who run multi-spectrum LED lights with switches for both flower and veg most people leave both switches on for greatest light intensity during flower. There is evidence that best practice is to change that up the last two weeks and run the red spectrum only. Reducing the intensity and increasing proportion of red light it is thought to increase bud swelling and weight.

Well in the 25 years i've been growing indoors, i can say 100% for sure that i am losing weight with less light intensity.

UPDATE!!
1-31-2014
Day 63 of 12/12

Things are coming along nicely, did some drain maintenance as the 2 trays that are full had roots growing into the drain fittings, so i removed my fittings, cleaned then and popped'em back in. Other than that, i had no issues the last week. I decided to add some cal/mag supplement this feed along with the Zone and A+B. I'm guessing i have 2 weeks left, but we will see. Nutes as Follows...

15ml DM Zone
20ml Cal/mag
125ml Aqua A+B
ppm:600
ph:5.8

Pics...
IMG_076420.JPG
IMG_076516.JPG
IMG_076615.JPG
IMG_076717.JPG
IMG_076818.JPG
IMG_076922.JPG
IMG_077020.JPG
IMG_077123.JPG
IMG_077218.JPG
IMG_077318.JPG
IMG_077622.JPG
IMG_077726.JPG
IMG_077821.JPG
IMG_077924.JPG

:Namaste:

I definitely want to see this chop gonna be crazy good smoke any estimate on what weight you assume it will come out to?

Quality will be top notch, as for yield i'm guessing between 14 and 16 oz of smoke-able cured bud, plus another 2-4 zips of lil nugs that will be put into my bin to make hash out of at the end of the year. I would have cropped about 20-25% more if i didn't have to turn my light down to 600w.

How much a year do you gross man lol seems ike you have a pretty nice setup going over there how much monthly does it cost you?

Well the cost for power is only about $12-$18 a month, but the real cost is nutes, every grow/flower cycle i spend roughly $250 on nutes. But its well worth that cost when you consider the payoff. The real hit to the wallet is the initial setup cost for the system, lighting and ventilation, plus the seemingly never ending odds and ends you need.(ducting,clamps, tape, RO unit, meters, etc..)

Back
Top Bottom