Playerunknown's Auto Grow In Coco!

whats the diff between a ppm meter and a ph meter?
about 4 dollars difference. lol
one measures your acidity/alkaline and the ppm measures rhe strength of your feed mix. at differing stages , the plants will gorge more than others , so can handle stronger mixes than when young. ideally using the trio helps me keep that in line but still needs ppm testing to ensure i wont burn or starve them. The advised levels on bottles is usually just a guide amd cannot cover all of our varied needs amd has also been said many times , that the companies want us to use as much as we can for their profit margins. With Hydro/coco starting with 1/4 strength is usually the standard mix strength. i have only ever fed half the bottles advised amounts and got great results too. too steong will stunt growth and burn them too

Hey y’all! I did my nute solution with 2.5ml micro, 1.5 ml gro and 4ml bloom with 2.5ml calmag. I checked ph and it was reading 6.58 so I’m using this ph down to try to correct it but every time I put 1 ml into the solution I knocks it down to 2.8-3.8 :/ any suggestions?
Hey y’all! I did my nute solution with 2.5ml micro, 1.5 ml gro and 4ml bloom with 2.5ml calmag. I checked ph and it was reading 6.58 so I’m using this ph down to try to correct it but every time I put 1 ml into the solution I knocks it down to 2.8-3.8 :/ any suggestions?
Hello , go to shoppers drug mart and get 6 of the 10 ml syringe to dispense your nutes into the water and your ph up and down , this way you can accurately dispense 1 ml of the nutes to the water and about (this is a guess as every one has different water ) 4 -6 drops of ph down to get the nute solution to 5.8 .always measure the ph and ppm`s after all nutes have been added ,you don't need to worry about measuring the run off of coco ,as long as there is 20-25 %of the nutes running out the bottom of your cloth pots .

what kind of water are you using ? as this makes a big difference on the amount of nutes you need to add to the water , I use r.o. water ,witch has 0 ppm in it , Don't use tap water , if you have a water softener in the house ,it has way too much salt in the water , Walmart sells distilled water for .97 cents a jug (this has 0 ppm in it ), you want water that has the lowest ppm in it you can get , this gives you total control of what you feed your plants , growing in coco , the plants are totally dependent on you for what you are giving them , soil acts as a bit of a buffer , coco doesn't as it is totally inert .(won't hold nutes for very long unlike soil does ).Growing M.J. is all about the roots , we want a large healthy root ball , the leaves only tell us there is a problem at the roots , and by the time the leaves start showing yellowing etc there has been a problem at the roots long before .

I would stay at the 300 or less ppm as your plants already have a little nute burn
WIN_20180417_20_18_18_Pro.jpg
WIN_20180417_20_16_30_Pro.jpg
WIN_20180417_20_16_30_Pro.jpg
How does one take these beautiful shots without a macro lens/slr camera???
This looks absolutely delicious :yummy:

what kind of water are you using ? as this makes a big difference on the amount of nutes you need to add to the water , I use r.o. water ,witch has 0 ppm in it , Don't use tap water , if you have a water softener in the house ,it has way too much salt in the water , Walmart sells distilled water for .97 cents a jug (this has 0 ppm in it ), you want water that has the lowest ppm in it you can get , this gives you total control of what you feed your plants , growing in coco , the plants are totally dependent on you for what you are giving them , soil acts as a bit of a buffer , coco doesn't as it is totally inert .(won't hold nutes for very long unlike soil does ).Growing M.J. is all about the roots , we want a large healthy root ball , the leaves only tell us there is a problem at the roots , and by the time the leaves start showing yellowing etc there has been a problem at the roots long before .
I've been using tap water since the beginning. Couldn't tell you what the PPM of the tap water is as i don't have a PPM meter just yet. Next grow I'll look into a RO system or just regular jugs of RO water.

If you switch from tap to RO or distilled, keep in mind you may need to boost the cal-mag, as most tap water has that in it and RO/distilled has none at all.
I'm just gonna run tap water with the method noob said and then go back to soil next auto run. this coco stuff is toooough lol

Just go slow all you really need are the 2 probes for coco , other than that it is easier than soil ,correcting a problem with your plants in coco is a lot easier and fixes with in 24 hrs where as with soil you have to flush and then wait for the next feed cycle to see if you got it right and every batch of soil is different so you have to change your nutes etc ,where as coco is always a 6.5 ph and soil can be any thing for ph , just get a large tote bin and fill with water and nutes it will last 4-6 days and add your nutes to that bin and ph it , add a air pump -$25bucks and a air stone - $7.00 bucks and you are done ,I use a 2 cup measuring cup to water my plants by hand , and give each pot 6 of these 2cup measuring cup and you are done. You can even use organic nutes if you want in coco , so you can grow organically , that is even easier as it is pretty hard to burn plants with organic store bought nutes using coco , I have a auto watering system on a timer and it comes on once every day so all I have to do is refill the reservoir every 3 - 4 days with more water and nutes and ph it again back to 5.8 and 250 -300 ppm ,witch is the same as soil only a different ph number . the problem you are having is that you don't know what the ppm`s are of your water and what the true ph it is , this will cause problems with soil just as it does with coco. coco carries a neutral ph and soil doesn't so now you have calculate the soil ph and the water ph to arrive at a 6.2 ph for soil , 1 calculation for coco and 2 calculations for soil , plus you need to measure your run off of soil every once in a while to see if you are getting a nute build up , or you can just wait till the plant tells you have a problem by the leaves .

Idk if you should grow organics with autoflowers, but organics totally removed the guessing with nutrients in soil. No nutrient burn. In coco it might still work too, it would be interesting to see if microbes could live in coco if you added some moss or something.
check out mr.canucks grow on youtube. He uses the gaia green dry ammendments and only grows in coco. he says it works like a charm and he gets some beautiful plants.

Well if you really want a p.i.t.a try dwc in a 20 liter bucket now there is experienced grower to get that correct every time maintaining water temps , exact ph levels , exact ppm`s , dumping the bucket every week and starting all over again , and that is just some of the problems and work , coco is the middle ground between soil and pure hydro and yet it still gives the same great results as hydro , not that hydro gets bigger yields it just gets you there quicker as the roots dont spend time working through the soil to find water and nutes and they grow faster -more oxygen to the roots as a air stone is a must in hydro.

Idk if you should grow organics with autoflowers, but organics totally removed the guessing with nutrients in soil. No nutrient burn. In coco it might still work too, it would be interesting to see if microbes could live in coco if you added some moss or something.
What do you mean when you say “organics” @DET—PDX ? Are you referring to natural fertilizers like compost for example(which in my mind is natural) vs chemical fertilizers?

Growing organically doesn't remove all the guessing unless you have perfected the mix in your living organic soil (LOS). And even those who have managed to dial in their soil still sometimes need to top dress with additional organic nutes when the plant asks for it.

And using organic vs non-organic nutes still leaves you with the same decisions about how much to add of what.

There really is no silver bullet for growing. You find what works for your style and you perfect it. Some start with one thing and end up with another. Chasing the perfect method can be a frustrating quest.

Growing organically doesn't remove all the guessing unless you have perfected the mix in your living organic soil (LOS). And even those who have managed to dial in their soil still sometimes need to top dress with additional organic nutes when the plant asks for it.

And using organic vs non-organic nutes still leaves you with the same decisions about how much to add of what.

There really is no silver bullet for growing. You find what works for your style and you perfect it. Some start with one thing and end up with another. Chasing the perfect method can be a frustrating quest.
Well I can say I've tried my hand at coco and safe to say I'm straying back to pro mix lol

Back
Top Bottom