Politoed Grows Fastbuds Auto OG Kush, Cream Cookies & Grapefruit In Hempy Under 500W Budget LED

politoed

IMG_2089.PNG

[The Setup]
Room
: 4x4 Agromax Grow Tent
Lights: 500w @Budget LED Series 3+ Red Spec (2x 250w)
Ventilation: Growbright 4" Inline Fan (180CFM), Multiple Clip-On Fans
Odor Control: Growbright Tall Boy Carbon Filter (265CFM max)
Medium: 2 Gallon Hempy Buckets (100% Perlite)
Nutrients: GH Flora Series Drain To Waste Schedule

[The Genetics]
Fastbuds
- OG Kush (2x)
Fastbuds - Cream Cookies (2x)
Fastbuds - Grapefruit (2x)

[Harvest Info]
OG Kush
(1) - Day ?? - Yield: ??g
OG Kush (2) - Day ?? - Yield: ??g
Cream Cookies (1) - Day ?? - Yield: ??g
Cream Cookies (2) - Day ?? - Yield: ??g
Grapefruit (1) - Day ?? - Yield: ??g
Grapefruit (2) - Day ?? - Yield: ??g​

Week 1 - Birth

I put my seeds in solo cups to germinate on 05/17. I started by soaking my perlite in 1/4 strength nutrients, placing the seed about 1/4" below the perlite, misting the top of the perlite, and covering the cups with plastic wrap. During this phase, I have them in my veg tent under a t5 fluorescent light, which is on 24 hours a day. On 05/20, the seeds all sprouted.

I will be fertigating with 1/4 strength nutrients throughout the week, almost daily. I am covering the holes in the hempy cups with my finger, slowly flooding the cups, waiting a few seconds, and letting them drain. The plants seem to be enjoying it, and I am digging this hempy thing so far.

Nutes (/gal)
.5ml Micro
.25ml Gro
.25ml Bloom

Temp: 70-79ºF
RH: 40-60%

IMG_2078.PNG
IMG_2079.JPG
IMG_2080.PNG

Yeah I must say the Series 3 RSPEC are amazing, I have one in my room and 2 Chinese boards either side of it, the plants under the BudgetLED and growing significantly better. I couldn’t be happier with that purchase. I’ll follow along if that’s cool with you.

Much appreciated, I also am a big Futurama fan. I could watch it over and over again. They should bring it back.
that was one of those shows where when they did bring it back for 2 seasons, it was equally if not more awesome. i agree. dude your plants look awesome and your room is incredible. im working on something like that myself right now, still have a bunch of framing and drywall to do. have you quadlined autos before? i was thinking of doing a quadline vs lst thing with these plants.

I don’t know if he journaled it, but he mentions it in post #40 in the thread below

edit: I found it

I don’t know if he journaled it, but he mentions it in post #40 in the thread below

edit: I found it
those threads were helpful. thanks a ton dude!

Week 2 - Homecoming

I moved my girls into their final homes this week. They are now in the 4x4 tent under the Budget LED lights, and in their 2 gallon hempy buckets. Over the course of the week, I lowered the lights from 36" down to the recommended 24", while also raising the powering from low to about 40%. The girls seem to be responding great, and it seems like some roots may be finding the res because a couple of plants have started to take off and really perk up.

I am only fertigating every 3 days at this point to encourage the roots to seek out the res and really develop a big system. When I fertigate, I pour the nutes around the edges of the pot to really make them branch out. I have also raised my nute strength from 1/4 to 1/2. So far no signs of burn, and by the end of week 3 I will probably dose them at 100% strength. My water comes out of the tap at 200ppm, and I either boil it or let it sit out for 24 hours prior to mixing in the nutes.

I also must admit in this process, a fan fell on one of the Grapefruit plants, squishing it flat. I thought she was gonna be done for. But, not only was the plant seemingly unaffected, the roots found the res first, and it has now exploded past the other Grapefruit. These plants also already stink. And I mean STINK. If I rub the leaves and smell my finger, it rivals the cola of any plant I have ever grown in terms of pungency, but as far as the specifics of the smell, its sharp, citrus, tangy, sweet, sour, and just mind blowing. I can't even imagine how the nugs will smell and taste.

Nutes (/gal)
.5ml Micro
.25ml Gro
.25ml Bloom
pH 5.8

Temp: 68-77ºF
RH: 50-60%

IMG_2119.PNG
IMG_2120.PNG

Week 3 - Growth

It seems all the roots have hit the res, and explosive growth has started over the last few days. All of the plants are looking really happy. I have gradually upped the nutrients as well as lowered the lights to 24", and raised the power up to 50-60%. The dark cycle is occurring between 11am-5pm, since those are usually the hottest parts of the day, although with these Budget LED lights, temperature has not been an issue.

The grapefruits were showing a tiny bit of what looks like nutrient burn, so I decided to back off 25% on the strength for those this week. They are essentially getting the same dose as last week, now that they're bigger they should be okay. Getting close to quadline time!

Nutes (/gal)
4ml Micro
3.5ml Gro
1ml Bloom
pH 5.8
(75% strength for Grapefruit)

Temp: 68-77ºF
RH: 40-60%

IMG_2249.PNG

IMG_2250.PNG

IMG_2252.PNG

IMG_2253.PNG
IMG_2251.PNG

Joining this grow and hoping to see your newly built room! I wish i had a complete room to grow without tents. Plants are looking good! Im considering a budget led 3 series....lets see how they perform for you!

Joining this grow and hoping to see your newly built room! I wish i had a complete room to grow without tents. Plants are looking good! Im considering a budget led 3 series....lets see how they perform for you!
thanks, appreciate the company. i hope i can get that room up and running within a month or so. but i will probably finish these autos in this tent under the budgets in the mean time. i quadlined them last night and early this morning, and a few started throwing pistils today (1 of each strain i think), so who knows how small they will stay or how big they will get. honestly these girls remind me of real women. the unknown makes it fun, or costs you half your shit in the end.

Hey man going to follow along if that’s alright, the babies are looking great man very tight nodes love too see that
of course brother, the more the merrier. im super curious to see how these turn out, ive never grown autos before.

One reason i probably will never buy another auto....they are unpredictable, at least the ones ive grown. They started flowering too quick before they even seemed big enough. Im on photos now and like it much more

One reason i probably will never buy another auto....they are unpredictable, at least the ones ive grown. They started flowering too quick before they even seemed big enough. Im on photos now and like it much more
i totally get it. the only reason i even chose to run them in the first place was to kill time while i make some photo bonsai mums. then when i started speccing out the space i have, i realized the two same size room setup was the only one that made sense for me. the ceiling is a bit lower in one room, so that one will be my 0 veg clone SOG, and i might as well fill the tall room with some autos since i have the space.

thanks, appreciate the company. i hope i can get that room up and running within a month or so. but i will probably finish these autos in this tent under the budgets in the mean time. i quadlined them last night and early this morning, and a few started throwing pistils today (1 of each strain i think), so who knows how small they will stay or how big they will get. honestly these girls remind me of real women. the unknown makes it fun, or costs you half your shit in the end.

of course brother, the more the merrier. im super curious to see how these turn out, ive never grown autos before.
I’m the same I’m growing 2 autos along side my photos for the first time interested to see how much faster they flower

Back
Top Bottom