Proper Grow Journal: Soma's NYCD

Humidity controls several things in the grow room. Too much and molds and fungus can occure in bud and resevoirs as well as on walls and equipment. Plants can't transpire and end up suffocating to a degree as well which slows growth and hurts yield. Too little and plants transpire like crazy which in hydro can cause solutions to become concentrated from water loss as well as growth slows as the plants concentrate on staying moist rather than growing and building bud. Mites love dry rooms as well. One needs to keep a happy medium. I've found that for my needs 40% to 60% RH is ideal. I do not foliar feed or mist at all during flower unless I suspect mites and then it's distilled or RO water only. They hate water and if I make my plants unhospitable they will leave for greener pastures.

4twenty4all: no, I don't have a humidity dome, but I am looking into that in order to take some clones in the near future.

I have waited a few days since the last watering that contained nutes. Tomorrow I will water with plain water and take some pics!

:cool:

Day 33 Veg

Explosive growth seen with advent of proper wet/dry cycle as well as first addition of veg nutes (Advanced Nutrients Iguana Juice [Grow]).

Seedling A
A_1-26-08.JPG

Seedling B
B_1-26-08.JPG

Seedling C
C_1-26-08.JPG

Seedlings A, B, and C, from left, clockwise
ABC_1-26-08.JPG

Cheers,
Doob

Very tight internodes. You need to seperate them though. 1 plant per container unless your growing in a special way like bed growing or in a ebb and flow bed. Those two will eventually end up fighting for nutrients. Eventually one will win out over the other and yield will suffer. The longer you wait to seperate them the more the roots will be entertwined which means it will cause more stress and damage to the plants.

thatboydean...thanks for the props. I've been doing this for quite a while and love to help others. As much as it appears I know something I feel my knowledge is limited and still have way more to learn though. This plant and what it can do for mankind in so many different ways is amazing. If you haven't read it already...you need to read..The Emperor Wears no Clothes by Jack Herrer.

Thanks for the quick response, racefan! I will transplant Seedling B into its own container tomorrow. I am amazed at the explosive growth--I attribute it to a proper wet/dry cycle as well as the first nutrient feeding. Thanks again!

Update for Day 34 Vegetative Period

Seedling B was transplanted into top-down hydroponic setup: 5.5 pH Iguana Grow solution; 30 min on, 1 hour off.
B_Transplant_1-27-08.JPG

Group shot, clockwise from left to right: Seedling B, Seedling A, Seedling C.
B_Transplant_Group_1-27-08.JPG

Thank ye much, Billy! I have the 400w metal halide conversion bulb about 15 in. away. I will experiment by lowering it a bit.

is deisel ussuallly that small? they look like they'll grow into VERY potnent platn but i dont recall ever seeing seedlings so tiny!im intrigued. looks goo though man

Filla and IRIE: I am not sure exactly what caused the slow growth. My suspicion, however, is that the growth was stunted due to overwatering--a lack of a proper wet/dry cycle. This probably had something to do with not enough oxygen getting to the roots stemming from the overwatering.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Nice plants, they seem to be doing a lot better now. I wana see how this turns out.

Thanks, MOTA!

Time for an update, folks.

DAY 39 Vegetative Growth

I noticed some problems going on with Seedling B when I transplanted it into the hydroponic environment. I decided to transplant the dirt chunks that the roots were holding, too. I now believe that was a mistake, and my hypothesis is that the soil was held in by the hydroton and was constantly wet, inhibiting oxygen intake by the roots. Well, for a couple of days, Seedling B, I believe, is on track with a dilute organic fertilizer regimen and 5.5 pH.

Seedling B
A_2-2-08.JPG

Seedlings A and C are looking very strong and very healthy--explosive results from a proper wet/dry cycle and testament to the power of Advanced Nutrients Iguana Grow formula.

Seedling A
B_2-2-08.JPG

Seedling C
C_2-2-08.JPG

Here's a group shot, left to right, Seedlings B, A, C:
ABC_2-2-08.JPG

Another shot (with light):
ABC2_2-2-08.JPG

Cheers to all,
Doob:bongrip:

you labeling methods are just like mine:] looking really good man. hopefully they start to pick up speed when they get more settled with the roots.

Thanks, fillabong420! I am seeing absolutely explosive growth in seedlings A and C. Seedling B is a disappointment. I got to thinking yesterday that it might be too close to the light, so I moved it off to the side to get not as much direct light. I am pretty sure, however, that the tan part on the leaf of seedling B is from nutrient lockout due to leaving the soil in with the clay hydroton.

Much obliged, PFlynn! Let me know, if you see anything that you think might need attention. I am very open with my growing. All suggestions are welcomed and encouraged! :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom