Proper Grow Journal: Soma's NYCD

Thanks, mate! I will have another update tomorrow evening after I water those two (a perfect wet/dry cycle!). The hydro seedling B is coming along--I see some new growth and will get an up-close picture of it.

Cheers!

By the way, I'm voting for Ron Paul tomorrow. :) :smokin:

Haha! If Obama espoused Paul's views on having a smaller government with more state decision power and control (Amendment 10, anyone?), a non-interventionist foreign policy without nation-building, a plan to reinvigorate the economy by returning to sound money such as the gold and silver standards and saving billions of dollars by dismantling our unconstitutional foreign empire and grip on the world, and defending the principles of the Constitution, then I would vote for him.

I think Dr. Paul would take a more active role to end the drug war than Senator Obama as well. :smokin:

Ahh, nevermind the politics! Let's grow together! :grinjoint:

Day 45 Vegetative Growth

Seedling B is seen here with new, lush growth. It appears as if Seedling B has bounced back from the shock of being transplanted from a soil medium to a hydroponic system.
2-8-08_B.JPG

A closer picture of Seedling B
2-8-08_B2.JPG

Seedling A is pictured here with explosive vegetative growth. I am preparing to feed the seedlings with the Iguana Bloom formula in anticipation of turning the lights to a 12/12 cycle.
2-8-08_A.JPG

Seedling C
2-8-08_C.JPG

Group shot, from left to right, Seedlings B, A, C
2-8-08_BAC.JPG

Cheers!
:bongrip:

EDIT: It appears as if Seedling A is expressing an indica-dominant phenotype whereas Seedling C is somewhat more sativa-dominant in phenotype. Both plants are showing female preflowers, so I am happy that they will likely turn into beautiful, fat girls! :)

Thanks, IRIE and Boss!

Once the two soil media are dry, I will water with my bloom nutrients. I am going to flower all three plants, two of which have been identified as females, in just a couple of days. I am excited to see what kind of fruit these ladies bear! :smokin:

Remember, Soma grows all his stuff in soil. :grinjoint:

Looking good, hoping for females on this one. NYCD is an excellent strain.:peace:

Also, both of your larger plants look like the Indica dom. phenotype.
Organic New York City Diesel

great lookin grow glad to wee that the hydro was able to spring back.
for future reference when transplanting from soil to hydro you want to make sure that you gently wash off all dirt and minerals before with room temp water, this will make the adjustment alot easier on the plant. keep up the good work may you females be strong and potent

Thanks for all the replies, all! I found male flowers beginning to form on Seedling C, so I pulled him today. Seedlings B and A (left to right) appear to be healthy and vigorous. I will post pictures tomorrow. Seedling A is confirmed to be a female with white pistils protruding from calyxes.

To address each reply:

berrydizzle: I'm glad that I could excite you with this journal. I believe that you will be even more excited when you see the fruit of my labor!

billy blica: Thank you for the encouragement! I hope I do not let you down. :adore:

RooRman: What can I say? I am in awe of your NYCD grow. I must have read your journal from start to finish about five times now! I can only hope that my girls produce the fruit that yours did! I am happy to see those wide leaves, too. Indica stone, here I come!

Shaggie-420: Thank you for the transplanting tip! I was so concerned with using soil for Soma's NYCD that I made quite the rookie mistake of leaving soil on the roots when I transplanted into the hydroton medium. I must admit, however, that mistakes are such a good way to learn lessons. :laughtwo:

Again, pics will be up sometime tomorrow!

-Doob :bongrip:

thats what growing is all about the lessens and the smoke.
keep up the good work!:bong::passitleft:

Day 8 of Flowering Cycle

Seedling C is no longer with us. Alas, he had the nerve to grow balls.

Seedling B
2-17-08B.JPG

Seedling A
2-17-08A.JPG

Seedling A, different angle
2-17-08A2.JPG

Seedling A, calyx with pistils
2-17-08A3.JPG

Enjoy!! :smokin:

mmmmm seedling a was a female:cheesygrinsmiley: hopefuly seedling c shows her sex soon. looks very nice doobie!

...RooRman: What can I say? I am in awe of your NYCD grow. I must have read your journal from start to finish about five times now! I can only hope that my girls produce the fruit that yours did! I am happy to see those wide leaves, too. Indica stone, here I come!...

Glad to help. There is not very much information on this strain other then Somas site, which is very short and basic. I have read only a handful of grow journals regarding this strain. Possibly because once it won the Cannabis Cup (2004?) amongst 27 other strains the seeds skyrocketed to around a $300 price tag!

Your larger plants do look like the same phenotype as mine. My expierience with this strain and the research I have done indicates most growers see a few Sativa phenos. that are not the greatest and only 2 Indica pheonos. that are the BOMB! Just make sure you flower until the trichomes are 50/50 cloudy/amber so you can obtain that excellent couch-lock Indica high. Initially this bud gave me a head rush like a Sativa, but after a long cure the couch-lock emerged. The taste has always been supurb, very sweet and fruity.

Good luck, lets hope for more females! :peace:

mmm that smoke report was entising..but 300 wing-wangs?!?!?! nope im good.lol

Back
Top Bottom