Seedling A, Full Body
A_3-4-08.JPG

Seedling A, Top Cola
A2_3-4-08.JPG

Seedling A, Top Cola Close-up
A3_3-4-08.JPG

Enjoy!
-Doob :bongrip:

same question here. got that diesel scent yet? everythign looks pretty damn nice man. theyre really starting to look like producers!

yeai suppose thats a logical investment. but I, being of broke nature,declare it too expensive. why bother when you can find some dank bag weed seed and grow some kill and take clones off that? its the ultiamte, almost free investment for seeds.lol sorry for therant and hijack.:smokin::bongrip:

The wayy I look at $$$$ seeds, is that I will be doing several clone grows, plus I will be making a round of f2 seeds, then trading offf some of those. Then, the $300 doesn't seem so bad. Sorta.:smokin:

Boss and fillabong: They smell terrific! But I only smell them when I gently brush my hand against a leaf. It smells like a very tart or, I daresay, sour citrus (given the Sour Diesel x Afghani-Hawaiian genetics).

HHGreenHand and Kalas: I'm looking forward to it, too! Remember that this is a 100% organic grow. I know I will always wonder how much more it could have produced under chemical fertilizers, but then again, maybe I will be in too much NYCD heaven to care. :smokin:

Loving the grow. The plants look very green and healthy and your well on your way to some great buds. In the next 2-3 weeks they are going to put on some major weight, also you might notice some "foxtailing" occuring.:Rasta:

same question here. got that diesel scent yet?...

NYCD should have never had "deisel" in it's name. It's parents are an Unknown Mexican Sativa and Afganhi. Most "diesel" strains have Chemdog genetics in them, NYCD has no Chemdog and no diesel in it's lineage. The taste and smell are more reminiscent of grapefruit and is sweet rather then "gas smelling", a charateristic diesel strains are so well known for. Why Soma chose this name is strange, it is very misleading. Although maybe the point was to latch onto a name that people recognized as furthur justification to charge what he wishes.

The wayy I look at $$$$ seeds, is that I will be doing several clone grows, plus I will be making a round of f2 seeds, then trading offf some of those. Then, the $300 doesn't seem so bad. Sorta.:smokin:

Prices have come down since it won the Cup many years ago. Price on Soma seeds for NYCD right now is $130 for a pack of 10 seeds.:peace:

lookin good keep it up those babys are gona explode!

Thanks for the encouragement and positive remarks, everyone! The ladies are currently on day 28 of the flowering cycle, and I have noticed that they are starting to pack on the girth bigtime. I have also noticed that the soil medium is becoming dry an average of 1-2 days faster. They are loving the water and nutrients! I have not noticed a bad smell, but this may be due to my carbon filter outtake system. I do notice, however, the grapefruit scent that is described in the Big Book of Buds, Vol. 2, by Ed Rosenthal.

Pictures will be up in a couple of days. Day 70 harvest cannot come soon enough! 42 more days!

Stay green,

-Doob :bongrip:

You are doing very well and it seems you won the phenotype lottery. However, do not harvest by the calender alone. While it is good to know how many days your plants have flowered, there is nothing that says you must harvest on a specific date. Look closely at the trichomes and a 50/50 mix of cloudy and amber will tell you when the time is right. 70 days is a good benchmark though for this strain.

Very interesting, Boss! Would this act the same as Advanced Nutrient's Sweet Leaf product? Essentially, the Sweet Leaf is raw cane sugar and other types of sugars. I am wondering whether the 2 tbsp of grapefruit juice would help the product to smell and/or taste more grapefruity.:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom