Proper Grow Journal: Soma's NYCD

Thanks for your input, RooRman! I am absolutely stoked to write a vape and smoke report on the final product. I finished the final flushes today for both plants, and I will harvest when I find about 10-15% amber trichomes. ;)

Before I cut both ladies, I will install the metal halide bulb, raise it up high above the plants, and take some high-quality pictures for everybody to look at. I'll then cut them and take more pictures after the manicure.

Boy, flushing really took a lot out of me...it can be pretty demanding physically!

^ Ya man! My next grow area must have a hookup for the dog sprayer and a drain.... No more wet-vac for me man.

For flushing, I just use the bathtub or the sink in my basement that the washing machine dumps waste water into. I can't imagine having to vaccum all that water up!

Thanks for the heads up, Herb Fellow! I will enter Plant A once I get her picture taken before the chop. The plant of the month contest sounds like a great way to build community, spread knowledge, and have fun!

seriosuly! a contest for the sexiest lady alive!? amazing ness! cant wait to your entry doobiedoo.

As for flushing, I used 4 mL/gal Advanced Nutrients Final Phase for the hydroponic flush, and I used 10 gallons R/O water for the soil medium. Immediately after the soil flush, I added a weak solution of only Advanced Nutrients Sweet Leaf at a pH of 6.4.

They're almost there!

Yes, I believe the plant is adding its final girth! Both plants, actually! ;)

Day 62 Flowering Pictures - I'm harvesting the hydro lady tomorrow morning (Day 63). I believe I will go a full 70 days on the soil lady.

Without further ado...pics!

Soil Beauty Top Cola
4-11-08_A.JPG

Same Cola, Different Angle
4-11-08_A_4.JPG

Same Cola, Lights Came On
4-11-08_A_3.JPG

Full Body Shot of the Soil Beauty
4-11-08_A_5.JPG

Another of the Sultry Soilstress
4-11-08_A_2.JPG

The Heady Hydro Hoe (To be harvested tomorrow morning)
4-11-08_B.JPG

Congrats! :clap: Plants look fantastic!

Did you notice the buds. espescially those at the top, "fox-tailing" in shape? This is very chracteristic of NYCD to do this, my plant did it too.

Once again, excellent growing and I'd give you more reps. if I could. :peace:

A special thank you to each of you for your kind words (pun intended! :grinjoint:) and positive notes!

Ahh, yes, RooRman, I noticed the fox-tailing, and it was quite pronounced. I think that these "foxtails" will be very nice because there are few to no leaves on them--just pure calyx-and-trichome goodness.

I'll prepare some pictures of the manicure in a couple of moments, so stay tuned!

:bongrip:

And here are the pictures from the manicure party!

Soma's NYCD by Hydro Day 63 Harvest
Nutes: Fox Farm's Tiger Bloom and Soluble Tri-pack (Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz, and Cha-Ching)--I considered the hydro grow an experiment to satisfy my experimenting urges alongside the more meticulously-cared-for 100% organic soil grow. Enough with the chatter, here are the pics! :bongrip:

4-12-08_B5_Day_63_Final.JPG

4-12-08_B_Day_63_Final.JPG

4-12-08_B2_Day_63_Final.JPG

4-12-08_B3_Day_63_Final.JPG

And the final product of the hydro! Keep in mind that the grow was more experimental in nature--more of a loving bonsai adventure. :) :smokin:

4-12-08_B4_Day_63_Final.JPG

Back
Top Bottom