Proper Grow Journal: Soma's NYCD

The girls are on day 44 of the flowering cycle, and I can notice a strong grapefruit smell already! It smells just like placing your nose inside a ripe grapefruit and breathing in slowly. It's amazing!

Thanks mates! I will put up some pictures soon with better lighting.

420: I hope it does taste like grapefruit. :)

Joe: Thanks! I hope to expand my knowledge base to coco one day soon. Do you recommend a specific brand of coco? What is the Fox Farm/Advanced Nutrients-caliber product of coco?

Ahhh, Berrydizzle! I wish you could smell them. They smell absolutely delightful. I never thought a cannabis plant could smell just like ripe ruby grapefruit...it is shocking! I am getting close to day 60 of the flowering cycle, and I will post some pictures without the HPS light interference very soon. ;)

sounds like a plan bro!

Looking forward to more pictures of this grow. :peace:

Day 55 Flowering pictures are pending approval! I will be sure to take many shots with metal halide lighting for the full visual effects before I chop them. ;)

I am thinking about beginning the flushing process today. My protocol is to obtain eight gallons of r/o water from the grocery store, pH them to 6.4, and flush the soil medium. Phase two of the process involves me pouring in a gallon of weak Advanced Nutrients Sweet Leaf solution immediately after the 8-gallon flush. Please comment on whether this sounds like a proper flushing sequence. The end is always a bit tricky!

Thanks, all! Without your expertise and encouragement, this grow would not have been possible.

-Doob :bongrip:

Day 55 Flowering

Plant A Top Cola
4-4-08_Day_55_A.JPG

Plant A Full Body
4-4-08_Day_55_A3.JPG

Plant A Top Cola
4-4-08_Day_55_A2.JPG

Plant B
4-4-08_Day_55_B.JPG

Those are beautiful doobiedoo!

Thanks, freak and berry! I am going to begin the flushing process for both media (one hydro and one soil) today (Day 56 Flowering). I will use the Advanced Nutrients clearing solution called Final Phase to flush the hydro medium, but I will flush the soil medium with only 8 gallons of pH-corrected water. I am hoping that the 8 gallons will properly flush the soil medium! :smokin:

I'll take some more pictures after about five days of the flushing process.

By the way, I have not flushed either medium once during the entire grow, and I think that next time I will flush the media once immediately before the flowering cycle and once at the end of the flowering cycle. I don't think, however, that 100% organic media necessarily need flushing quite like media with synthetic fertilizer salt buildup. Please correct me, if I am wrong about this!

I agree, and I think a lot do. Some say you don;t need to flush at all with organics. You may not need to, but I like to do it twice anyway ;-)

By the way, I have not flushed either medium once during the entire grow, and I think that next time I will flush the media once immediately before the flowering cycle and once at the end of the flowering cycle. I don't think, however, that 100% organic media necessarily need flushing quite like media with synthetic fertilizer salt buildup. Please correct me, if I am wrong about this!

Very nice NYCD! Have fun with that. :grinjoint:

RooRman, thanks a bunch! I'll be sure to burn one down for you in my Lil Sista Roor once it's cured. ;)

I am hearing you on the taking forever part, Boss! I truly do hope the smoke warms my body and lifts the mind. According to Ed Rosenthal's Big Book of Buds, Vol. 2, the high is supposedly "smooth, creative, uplifting."

For all who have smoked Soma's NYCD, what do you think about Ed's description of the high? I remember you described your experience, RooRman, as intense cerebral energy and profound visual enhancement of colors. That sounds very sativa-influenced to me (and of course very exciting!). I just now recalled that Ed spoke of a "hint of body stone," and I am wondering if perhaps he smoked a more indica-dominant phenotype of Soma's NYCD. Genetics can be a difficult thing to wrap one's head around...there are so many variables, yet it is very important to distinguish the strains! :bongrip:

Good discussion, all!

....For all who have smoked Soma's NYCD, what do you think about Ed's description of the high? I remember you described your experience, RooRman, as intense cerebral energy and profound visual enhancement of colors. That sounds very sativa-influenced to me (and of course very exciting!). I just now recalled that Ed spoke of a "hint of body stone," and I am wondering if perhaps he smoked a more indica-dominant phenotype of Soma's NYCD. Genetics can be a difficult thing to wrap one's head around...there are so many variables, yet it is very important to distinguish the strains! :bongrip:

The first time I "smoked" my NYCD, the experience described in my thread, it was very uplifting and I used a vaporizor. As you stated, I found myself with alot of energy not typical of the Indica dom. looks of this plant. At this time it was what I would classify as "cleaning bud". You will clean your whole damn house before you realize your stoned. :cheesygrinsmiley: Colors were also noticeably more vivid.

As the buds cured, and the natural breakdown of THC into other cannabinols like CBN occured the smoke became more potent and went directly to your head, which for myself is preferable to the former effects. The couchlock was there but not nearly as severe as some other heavier Indicas I have tried. The taste has always been superb, sort of sweet and sour which was most overbearing in the beggining from the vape! Again, curing has smoothed out the flavor dramatically. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom